German magazine news discussion thread

Hmm... very interesting. Lots of good sights to see here:
  • Gallimimus returns.
  • New Stamina meter hints sleep is now a necessity.
  • High plant need and low plant need are separated now.
  • Hints that fencing needs are based on individual animal security needs, like in Planet Zoo.
  • Plants in hatchery can be changed.
  • What may be a hint that path width is now controllable like in Planet Zoo.
  • Actual staff autonomy.
  • Staff is now trainable or upgradable through new staff building.
Not everything looks perfect though...

Although vets now handle the animal health needs, the Rangers still handle fence maintenance, which is weird.

The building customization is still confusing; the module thing, are they suggesting you can mix different functions, like a restaraunt and a clothing store in one building? Or do you pick one function and the modules just upgrade that function? ...also, the external customization options look bland and ugly... probably doesn't help that stupid concrete footprint still exists... would be nice if we could change that.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
are they suggesting you can mix different functions, like a restaraunt and a clothing store in one building? Or do you pick one function and the modules just upgrade that function?
Let me jump in and hopefully clear some things up. You choose the building function (Amenity or Attraction) and you change the internal modules to cater to guest interests. There's more detail about it in the Dinosaur and Guest Customisation Feature Focus we published a few weeks ago:

So "gift stand" sounds more like inside a Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, etc. The opportunity to shop more may pull (idk what exactly pulls who atm) general and luxury audiences in as opposed to Rexy's Steakhouse next door which caters to adventerers with it's live rock band or that vegan place around the corner with a fresh lemon grass smoothie machine or whatever for nature lovers. I can't wait to make a Margarittaville Bar& Grill. @Jens Erik, any chance that entertainer could be Jimmy Buffet himself? ;-) Spare no expense! Barry Manilow live at the House of Blue!

I highly dislike the drab concrete slab building architecture they chose. So boring and ugly. but at least I can make it a bright blue concrete slab building instead I guess. lmfao. Tiny improvement. xD

The bottom right corner of the ui no longer has the Science/Entertainment/Security divisions bars which suggest they've been removed. Makes me wonder if we got a new reputation system to replace them.

Let me jump in and hopefully clear some things up. You choose the building function (Amenity or Attraction) and you change the internal modules to cater to guest interests. There's more detail about it in the Dinosaur and Guest Customisation Feature Focus we published a few weeks ago:

Okay, so when they say you can add an aquarium, what they really mean is you can add a fish tank to your restaurant.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
any chance that entertainer could be Jimmy Buffet himself? ;-) Spare no expense! Barry Manilow live at the House of Blue!
Haha, wouldn't that be something! Jimmy Buffet might be a bit expensive though.
Okay, so when they say you can add an aquarium, what they really mean is you can add a fish tank to your restaurant.
Yes, you add an aquarium/fish tank inside your restaurant.

Top Bottom