Horizons Getting my money back for Horizons upgrade. Very angry.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to play.
I bought horizons and then saw the specs but have no intention of getting a refund. Figured I will hang on to it until I can afford an upgrade. Then I accidentally hit the Horizons button instead of the ED1.5 and it all loaded up without error and I was able to land on planets etc. All a bit slow when on planet and I'm sure if there were any other CMDRs around or any battle action it would probably slow right down but still happy that it runs on my laptop.

Frame rates do drop when rendering planet surfaces. There's a slider setting how much load you apply to your GPU and how much is handled by the CPU. Play with that and see if it makes a difference.

Unfortunately being a member of the PC master race means having to keep up with the hardware evolution, at least a little bit. That being said, Horizons runs on my laptop, 3 years old, at 20 fps near or on planets (50 otherwise). I'm happy enough with that, but will probably build a fresh gaming rig next year.

:D S

Just a quick question to the OP:
Did you try to do a planetary landing at the lowest graphics option?

Sometimes games will warn you that you can't play them, despite actually being able to, if you're at the very limit of the performance bottom.

Well they're at least quick with the refunds.

It's come through already.

So I'm out of here!

Have fun...! I've got other stuff to do.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom