Gharial - Too many babies

My Gharial is breeding like hell. After 14 years ingame time I've got more than 25 babies, but noticed it too late.
The cost for feeding was high af, so I can't let them all grow. Putting them temporary all in my trading post can't be the solution.

What would you do?

Greetings from Germany

Personally I would've stuck a few (the good ones) in your trading center.

Since you're unable to sell/free juvenile animals and unable to afford their feeding:

A really harsh solution, which I don't like:
Put them in a closed enclosure and let them die..
Haven't tried it, but expect a lot of protesters !

Also use contraceptive with the reptiles more often, they have more offspring than most animals and maturing takes a while (I know doesn't help you now)

let them become adults then release them to the wild

Sure, I would like to. But the cost for feeding went from 10k up to 30k ^^
A bit too much.

Personally I would've stuck a few (the good ones) in your trading center.

Since you're unable to sell/free juvenile animals and unable to afford their feeding:

A really harsh solution, which I don't like:
Put them in a closed enclosure and let them die..
Haven't tried it, but expect a lot of protesters !

Also use contraceptive with the reptiles more often, they have more offspring than most animals and maturing takes a while (I know doesn't help you now)

Thought the same. Build a seperate habitat and just let them die.

Of course I will keep the good ones and let a few become adults. And I used contraceptive instantly as I have seen where my money goes.

My Gharial is breeding like hell. After 14 years ingame time I've got more than 25 babies, but noticed it too late.
The cost for feeding was high af, so I can't let them all grow. Putting them temporary all in my trading post can't be the solution.

What would you do?

Greetings from Germany

Use anti-conception.

What would you do?

Greetings from Germany

du solltest keine geldprobleme haben, wenn die futterkosten zu hoch sind, stimmt etwas grundsätzliches nicht. hast du die ticketpreise so weit erhöht, dass sich niemand mehr über zu niedrige preise beschwert? ansonsten kannst du ein zusätzliches gehege nur für nachwuchs anlegen, die auswachsen lassen und freilassen, gangesgaviale geben dir recht ordentlich Arterhaltungspunkte, oder du eröffnest einen neuen zoo und bestückst den vollständig mit nachwuchs aus dem ersten zoo, mache ich mit meinen ganzen besseren nachwuchstieren auch so. Das eigentliche "problem" was bei gavialen und auch krokodilen besteht, ist, das die 20 Jahre brauchen, bis sie geschlechtsreif sind, das kann aber auch ein nützlicher vorteil sein, du musst dich dann eben nicht ständig drum kümmern, wie bei den kurzlebigen aber nymphomanischen warzenschweinen z.B.. ^^

Edited by moderator:
Please use English only (excluding International forums) when contributing to the Frontier Forums. Thanks!

English translation (Google Translate)
you should have no money problems, if the feed costs are too high, something in principle is not. have you increased the ticket prices so far that nobody complains about too low prices? otherwise you can create an additional nursery only for offspring, grow up and release, Gangesgaviale give you pretty neat Arterhaltungspunkte, or you open a new zoo and stock the complete with offspring from the first zoo, I do with all my better offspring also like that , The real "problem" with gavial and even crocodiles is that it will take them 20 years to get sexually mature, but that can also be a useful advantage, so you do not have to worry about it all the time, just like the short-lived ones nymphomaniac warthogs eg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom