Giant Hamburger Scenery

Just out of curiosity... Why did the Devs create separate scenery pieces for building a giant Hamburger? I assume it was to be funny and yes, I chuckled when I first saw it. That said, isn't it just a bit overkill? Wouldn't just ONE giant hamburger scenery piece worked? Does anybody out there use the giant tomato slices for anything other than building a hamburger?

Yes, it was humorous for a minute, but I would have rather had, oh I don't know, maybe:

Another Pirate instead of a giant Hamburger Patty
A Goat animatronic instead of a giant piece of Lettuce
A Cigar Store Indian instead of a giant Tomato slice
A Flower Bed instead of a giant Top Bun
Another type of Trash Can instead of a Giant Bottom Bun

Basically ANYTHING more useful than the individual components of a giant hamburger.

Just out of curiosity... Why did the Devs create separate scenery pieces for building a giant Hamburger? I assume it was to be funny and yes, I chuckled when I first saw it. That said, isn't it just a bit overkill? Wouldn't just ONE giant hamburger scenery piece worked? Does anybody out there use the giant tomato slices for anything other than building a hamburger?

Yes, it was humorous for a minute, but I would have rather had, oh I don't know, maybe:

Another Pirate instead of a giant Hamburger Patty
A Goat animatronic instead of a giant piece of Lettuce
A Cigar Store Indian instead of a giant Tomato slice
A Flower Bed instead of a giant Top Bun
Another type of Trash Can instead of a Giant Bottom Bun

Basically ANYTHING more useful than the individual components of a giant hamburger.

How about a Pirate Burger?
DSC_0858.jpg

Perhaps a Goat Cheese-burger?
Burger_with_goat_cheese_and_sriracha_mayo_zloylx.jpg

Or Chicken Cigars?
b1838439879aa38e9dcf5deb83c74951.jpg

Or a Flower Burger?
20120611-flour-la-burger-flowers-primary-thumb-625xauto-248559.jpg

Maybe a Trashburger?
recycled-sculpture-trashburger.jpg

I dunno, but it seem to be on the list of items nobody use. Maybe they thought we could have fun making the burger like the 4 years old we are?

maxresdefault.jpg

I love the burger pieces. [yum] We need some for a hot dog and a giant bucket of chicken too!

Instead of pieces for a Giant Hot Dog, how about... A Giant Hot Dog!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Lololololololol

Honestly? My thinking is that Frontier has AMAZING artists. The passion, drive, investment is to make the simple, mundane, basic objects COME TO LIFE.

It's really the reason for their wonderful trailers. The expressions on guests faces, the actions of the janitor, mechanic, etc.

A lot of this game is a love of art design.

This was great, and allows for a LOT of user customization, experimentation, and control.

I think they let the 'creative' side run a bit a muck, though which is what has hurt the game overall.

Art vs. Mechanics........

I don't think Frontier was put up in a choice of "this vs that" around the time the hamburger was implemented in their build.

Maybe they legit just wanted a modular hamburger for some reason, but it seems more likely that it was made during a moment in which there was no immediate primary focus, or a team member had some time to kill and did it just because he could.
Maybe it was a proof of concept kind of thing in a "what happens if we split this item into several" kind of thing. Who knows.

You can look at a lot of scenery and wonder "why does this exist, while this doesn't", stuff like there being a curved rope fence, but no straight piece, missing wall/roof pieces, and whatnot.

I uh, wouldn't exactly call splitting a giant hamburger prop into 4 pieces "coming to life" tho.

I like the burger pieces. It reflects on Frontier's plan to make everything modular. [happy]

Let's talk about that some more and give this fun thread a more serious spin.
I'm all for modularity and separate pieces that can be used in many configurations and combinations that the devs didn't even foresee. Yet the devs didn't really pursued this vision consistently. We can make a triple or quadruple cheeseburger (that is the real reason for the modular pieces ;) ) but there are so many "as-is" pieces that could be way more modular. For instance:

* The campfire set. It contains a tent, a firepit, some loose items and even some rocks. Why? We have a firepit separately already, and thanks to the included rocks I have to adapt my terrain to prevent them from floating and now, all campfires look the same. I would like to use that tent and the loose items separately please.
* The Pirate market stall. It contains all kinds of useful details like fruit, crates and barrels. But if I want a big pile of the stuff, you can quickly recognize the repetition, now matter how much you rotate the objects. Give us the fruit and baskets separately, we only got that barrel.
* Most Stucco Pillars. They are way too tall on their own and there is only one pillar (the square one) that can be recreated (and thus customized) by using an individual footer, beam and crest object. Why can't I use the round beam without the huge footer and overly detailed crest?
* There is a disturbingly small offering on fences. There are some in the window decoration set, but only the wooden and stone fences are useful as a balcony fence that is longer than one square. The steel grate looks nice but is attached to some stone structure, making it only useful to cover up windows of a very specific width.
* Don't even get me started on that Paddle Steamer Boat.

You have some very good points Serpentrax, I think it would be great if all those things could be made modular too, as much as they possibly can be. There's nothing to stop Frontier from splitting up some of those bigger items into smaller parts and providing the originals as blueprints if they wanted.

Not for me but I just choose not to use them. Not sure the time it took to create them really adds up to a great deal in grand scheme tbh.

I assume all scenery pieces had to get approval by a Lead Developer. I'm just curious what that meeting was like regarding the hamburger pieces...

Art Department: "Here are the scenery proposals, sir."

Lead Dev: "What the heck is all this?! Haunted House scenery? More trash cans? Picnic Benches? Automobile themed scenery? Fences? Animatronic Animals?!?! More Pirates?! A Dinosaur??!!!! WHERE IS THE GIANT HAMBURGER SCENERY I ASKED FOR??!!"

Art Dept: "The Giant Hamburger is in there too, sir."

Lead Dev: "NO! I didn't want ONE Giant Hamburger! I specifically said I want you to deconstruct a hamburger and create INDIVIDUAL scenery pieces for EACH Hamburger component!"

Art Dept: "Sorry, sir... We thought you were joking."

Lead Dev: "Joking? You need to understand something... Planet Coaster is all about fun and the unparalleled ability to create the Hamburger of your dreams! There is nothing fun about Fences and Dinosaurs... Now scrap all that and get back to work! I want that Bottom Hamburger Bun on my desk by 4 o'clock!"

Art Dept: "But we are almost finished developing the Security Gaurd."

Lead Dev: "Again, where is the fun in that?! GET ME THOSE BURGER PIECES NOW!!!!"

Top Bottom