Give us a little something...

I'd like to start this thread by declaring that I'm not being negative or complaining and yes, I fully understand all possible reasoning even if frontier won't admit it. These are my opinions and thoughts.

Here's what I'm asking for;

Some new in game content before the release of beta.

Here's why I'm asking for it;

1. We had no content update during the process of alpha 3 (I.e. no extra ride etc.)
2. There was no cheat code for alpha 3
3. You're loosing player numbers (See this thread - )
4. We paid a lot of money for alpha access and I believe a little extra before opening up to the lower paying customers, would show your appreciation.

And finally 5. We deserve it.

Again, before anyone says it... Using 'It was an alpha' as a reason is boring and un-related. I've heard it so many times and frankly I believe it gives out the wrong impression. If you're passionate about the game, you should be pushing and pushing. 'Ooo, but the devs have enough on their plates' Yawn. Yes i'd agree. However we've got all these 'community managers'* who should be gathering our opinions and feeding back further up the chain.

Disclaimer* - No offence to any of the community team (Especially Bo! We love you!). I realise that you have to follow guidelines set out by your hierarchy.

Here's my dream list of what i'd like you to release before beta (I'm not asking for everything, just 1 item would do me!)

- Transport ride (It's been teased from the very start in terms of a greyed out icon and my theory is that it was suppose to be in an alpha at some stage)
- Water ride (The iconic log flume or even a rowing boat attraction?)
- Go karts (Again, teased from the start)
- Wooden coaster

Here's a more realistic list

- Halloween is coming up, how about a few Halloween scenery pieces?
- Firework night is also coming up, how about some firework VFXs (Even if they aren't controllable)
- Any new flat ride
- An update on management (I still feel really disappointed by the lack of this in alpha 3)

My question for the COMMUNITY... What would you like to see added before beta? And please don't say 'Nothing should be added because it's the alpha'. Picture it this way, if a Dev asked you 'Name one thing you'd put in the game before beta?' What would you say?

I have asked countless times for the 'Halloween' 'Spooky' call it what you will theme to be released for Halloween week, just falls on deaf ears [sad]

What is Firework night?

Fireworks night (or Bombfire night)
Something we celebrate in the UK, if I remember correctly, there was was an explosion back in the day and we celebrate it or something.

Anyway, as for adding in fireworks, I think it'd be a little too late to program that now (unless it already has been programmed ;0) hmmm, as for new content, you weren't really promised anything so, you can't complain, you're not exactly owed anything.

Halloween stuff would be unfair for Alpha players to test, seeing as the BETA would be too late and we wouldn't get to play with those things, BETA is in like... 2 weeks, you can wait 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Here's why I'm asking for it;

1. We had no content update during the process of alpha 3 (I.e. no extra ride etc.)
2. There was no cheat code for alpha 3
3. You're loosing player numbers (See this thread - )
4. We paid a lot of money for alpha access and I believe a little extra before opening up to the lower paying customers, would show your appreciation.

And finally 5. We deserve it.

1. This is not RCTW where they will occasionally throw in an extra ride pre-release to keep people playing the game (with the single Carousel exception). As I'm sure you know the Alpha was to test the features for the most part
2. Not sure how this is relevant
3. See 1
4. Not required - you're clutching at straws

They are currently working on finalizing the beta build which comes out in a couple of weeks. Alpha 3 is done end of, it is of no benefit to Frontier to add extra rides/coasters and create a new Alpha version just because we may supposedly deserve it. Just wait til November 9th and you can access it all.

Last edited:
Halloween stuff would be unfair for Alpha players to test, seeing as the BETA would be too late and we wouldn't get to play with those things, BETA is in like... 2 weeks, you can wait 2 weeks.

I'm hoping that something as simple as Halloween scenery wouldn't require any testing. It would simply be to add atmosphere around our parks during the holiday season

What is Firework night?

I refer to it has 'Guy Fawkes' night [yesnod]

And just to add to my above post, I've only ever requested confirmation on one single ride, the 'Spiral Slide', but what with 'beta' imminent, and the dev 'streams' only a week away, it's something I'm not as eager to know now......unless of course someone who paid a 'visit' last week wants to send me a private PM [big grin] not asking for concept art or anything, just a 'yes' will do [mouth shut]

We did get rides in alpha 3 we got the gears the fury, the cube, and the tea cups!

I they where to release a new ride now it would break the current build that are working on for the beta.

The Alpha plans were laid out before you bought it. They already gave us more than what was promised with surprise updates. We don't deserve anything. We knew what we were getting into ahead of time. This is just beating a dead horse. The full game comes out in less than a month. Let's all relax.

I'm hoping that something as simple as Halloween scenery wouldn't require any testing. It would simply be to add atmosphere around our parks during the holiday season

No, what I mean is, why should the Alpha players get to play around with halloween stuff during halloween? and the rest of the community have to wait until November 9th... when halloween stuff would be useless. It'd be incredibly unfair.

Thanks for sharing your opinion 'Inspectorgadget' Here would be comments back to you. If you could put anything into the game before beta, what would you choose?

1. This is not RCTW where they will occasionally throw in an extra ride pre-release to keep people playing the game (with the single Carousel exception). As I'm sure you know the Alpha was to test the features for the most part

Alpha 1 - Cheat code unlocked technically unlocked extra ride (It wasn't frontiers intentions to include coasters during alpha 1)
Alpha 2 - Carousel and the chain lift variant of the winged coaster

2. Not sure how this is relevant

A cheat code would of added some form of extra content, how which this thread is asking for... More content.

4. Not required - you're clutching at straws

In my personal opinion I feel that the alpha did offer good value for money during stages 1 and 2, however for me alpha 3 was disappointing and I feel to be worth the money, it does require an update in terms of content. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this though, I understand that we all have a different sense when it comes to value for money.

They are currently working on finalizing the beta build which comes out in a couple of weeks. Alpha 3 is done end of, it is of no benefit to Frontier to add extra rides/coasters and create a new Alpha version just because we may supposedly deserve it. Just wait til November 9th and you can access it all.

You're right it wouldn't benefit frontier, but I'm not here for the benefit of frontier, I'm here for the benefit of myself and the players.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

We did get rides in alpha 3 we got the gears the fury, the cube, and the tea cups!

I they where to release a new ride now it would break the current build that are working on for the beta.

Correct, however no additional ones during the alpha stage like we did in alpha 2.

again though, no one promised / stated that you would be getting cheat codes or extra rides mid Alpha 3.

The whole point of you paying Extra, is that you have been playing the game since March.

Last edited:
You're right it wouldn't benefit frontier, but I'm not here for the benefit of frontier, I'm here for the benefit of myself and the players.

And that is why they should be dedicating all their resources on beta now. Focus on making that as good as it can be, don't waste time messing about with previous Alpha versions to appease those who want an extra ride or two thrown in.

Last edited:
No, what I mean is, why should the Alpha players get to play around with Halloween stuff during Halloween? and the rest of the community have to wait until November 9th... when Halloween stuff would be useless. It'd be incredibly unfair.

I kind of understand what you're saying, but Halloween is 31st October, therefore the 9th of November would be too late. Your theory of being unfair doesn't really make sense. Surely everything alpha players have compared to beta only players is unfair in that case? :S As you said Halloween stuff would be useless to beta players in terms of dates, so why deny it of alpha players who have access during the Halloween season?

My point in case is that people would have wanted the beta pushed forward 10 days so they could play with Halloween stuff, or pushed forward 5 days so they could play with fireworks, when its relevant.

again though, no one promised / stated that you would be getting cheat codes or extra rides mid Alpha 3.

Again correct.

I'm not saying anything was promised or stated. I'm simply asking frontier to consider releasing some extra content before beta and gave my reasoning for asking

The whole point of you paying Extra, is that you have been playing the game since March.

True we did get access to the game for a considerable amount of time before release. However I do feel that a lot of people forget that we did 'Test' the game and provide quite extensive feedback, something that is of great value to frontier.

And that is why they should be dedicating all their resources on beta now. Focus on making that as good as it can be, don't waste time messing about with previous Alpha versions to appease those who want an extra ride or two thrown in.

I'm no game designer or coder, but my educated guess would be that in the grand scheme of things, adding what is essentially an object to the game, wouldn't require much resource on frontiers end.

I have asked countless times for the 'Halloween' 'Spooky' call it what you will theme to be released for Halloween week, just falls on deaf ears [sad]

I feel your pain. As a player who essentially helped develop/steer the game, do you feel listened to?

What is Firework night?
Something that is gradually being eroded by the plastic tat that is the American version of Halloween...

Celebrated on the 5th of November:

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot.
We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes, guy, t'was his intent
To blow up king and parliament.
Three score barrels were laid below
To prove old England's overthrow.

By god's mercy he was catch'd
With a darkened lantern and burning match.
So, holler boys, holler boys, Let the bells ring.
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the king.

And what shall we do with him?
Burn him!

Basically Guy Fawkes was a Catholic who plotted to to blow up the houses of parliament by digging under it and exploding barrels of gunpowder in the basement, hopefully killing the Protestant King James I in the process who was persecuting Catholics at the time.

Fawkes was caught in the act (somewhat fortuitously...) and hung, drawn and quartered for his troubles (as painful as it sounds). Some people think that he might have been framed as a ruse to vilify Catholics even more.

Ever since then people have celebrated the safety of the monarch by lighting bonfires and burning effigies of Guy Fawkes (and in modern times also effigies of politicians/celebrities if they've been a bit notorious...see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewes_Bonfire)

In reality today it's just a good occasion to have a fireworks party in your back garden with family/friends. Or to go to a bigger public celebration with professional bonfire/fireworks displays, usually while standing in a muddy field eating overpriced burgers/mushy peas and getting drenched by the uncooperative British weather. It's one of the few times in the year when it is legal to sell fireworks to the public.

Anyway back to the OP, just be patient, you can wait a few more weeks and I'm sure all the Frontier team are working frenetically at the moment to get the game ready in time for the 17th November deadline!

Last edited:
I think (or better said I'VE SEEN) they are too busy working on the last touches to the beta just to make some new scenery to cater some festivity interests right now. Halloween stuff can come next year, when they have more time.

You said you want the rest of the things ready no? Let them work and finish them before releasing them half backed. Yes, that means wait for the beta (or later). Sorry if you think we (as you said) deserve things before that, but no, we really dont. Thats not how game development works.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I think (or better said I'VE SEEN) they are too busy working on the last touches to the beta just to make some new scenery to cater some festivity interests right now. Halloween stuff can come next year, when they have more time.

You said you want the rest of the things ready no? Let them work and finish them before releasing them half backed. Yes, that means wait for the beta (or later). Sorry if you think we (as you said) deserve things before that, but no, we really dont. Thats not how game development works.

Agreeing with SPRidley here, Frontier are very busy which again I have seen for myself. I would much rather have the beta with all important content and features than some extra Halloween content. It is possible to make a Halloween park if you really put your mind to it anyway.

As for Bonfire night, it is far to close to Beta to release any major features, especially on a date that only means something in the UK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom