Give us a pair of binoculars, please.

Longtime favorite request of mine.
Many games, most games, have a zoom feature.
In a sci-fi game it just makes sense.

Added to the suggestion list :)
Thank you so much for this.
Also, please discuss "the suggestion list" openly with the community in the future.
This has been an issue of transparency since day one.
The forums mostly seem like a black hole that only players visit. Sure we hear "devs visit the forums" but there has normally been zero evidence outside a few posts by the community management team (and the few focused feedback forums we've had the pleasure to participate).

So +1,000 to this Zac! Please continue and expand on it.

This so much more than streaming gameplay 3 days a week, which takes up payroll and which hundreds of people do for FDEV for FREE.

Good idea!

Would love to scope out a settlement from a distance...couple that with remote detonators...mmm panic

I would like to know if that blob on the horizon is something worth investigating. Must I huff and puff all the way there to find that it's just an oddly shaped rock and not an Osseus? I humbly accept the in-game restrictions of in-game technology (my dear geriatric labrador can [p***] farther than the genetic sampler's secondary fire-mode) but why can't I have a pair of binoculars? It shouldn't be a problem for the rendering engine?

~V
Should have zoom built into the helmet really.

I would like to know if that blob on the horizon is something worth investigating. Must I huff and puff all the way there to find that it's just an oddly shaped rock and not an Osseus? I humbly accept the in-game restrictions of in-game technology (my dear geriatric labrador can [p***] farther than the genetic sampler's secondary fire-mode) but why can't I have a pair of binoculars? It shouldn't be a problem for the rendering engine?

~V
Yeah, Like having Scopes without magnification. Odd that

~V
I agree with the suggestion; that would be a (QOF) addition, to the game. 👍

*As a side note; the A-10 pilots also use binoculars to locate small targets, when on CAS missions (and it works).

Anybody who's ever played the more recent Far Cry games will know how binoc's can provide useful gameplay enhancements.

In those games you could creep around in the jungle, scouting out enemy camps, and use your binoc's to locate and tag enemies so they appeared on your map.
Then you could sneak into the camp and know the position of all the enemies, so you could get in and out without raising the alarm... or massacre them in the most efficient possible manner.

~V
1623431069414.png

Firstly, this is a total no brainer. It's hilarious that such a basic feature has to be asked for after release. Did no one on the dev team bring such an obvious thing up? Secondly, is the Cobra engine even capable of rendering far off stuff?

On a side note, I think it would be nice if we had something similar in space. Even just a zoom-in key would be nice.

Binocs with a rangefinder sounds swell. Add me to the pretty-pleasers!
Zac has added it to the Suggestion List. Fingers crossed.
The new system for probability based location of biological and biological sites makes binoculars essential. If they add a range finder, I'd be ecstatic but I'd settle for 8x magnification with a built-in compass or some indication of bearing. I'm on a planet with 8(!) biological signs and cannot find more than six. Have spend hours on it and I just cannot find the two missing species. Most of my time has been spent haring around to blobs on the horizon.

Top Bottom