Glitch/bug? Or did i miss something?

I'm on my first ever playthrough of campaign. Just trying to finishing unlocking story genomes and DLC pack genomes i still need to earn before i start a sandbox. I just went to Isla Sorna for the first time and got things rolling. I have constructed a research center, along with fossil and expedition centers as well. I've also made 2 paddocks for the roaming dinos, which are now contained. But that's it. As soon as i contained the stegos one got sick with a new disease i have yet to research. But when i go to the new 5th research center none of the new unlocks have appeared as per usual. Now I have a dino i can't cure, and i can't research the cure. I'm afraid to load up ANY of my n islands now for fear that one of these new 'uncurable' sicknesses starts up there as well. So until i know what's going on and how to fix it, i can't play

Heyo!
May I ask what this disease is? Otherwise, it sounds like you do not have a research center on each of your islands (Matanceros, Muerta, Taccano, Pena, and Sorna). I recall that late game unlocks require a research center on all main islands for new research, and an expedition center on all main islands for new dinosaurs. So I recommend going back to each island to check if they have a research ccenter.

But don’t worry about the disease transferring over. At least in my playthrough, these new diseases occur in the islands they debut in and later. Never on an island earlier. So you could build the research centers on previous islands where there were non, research the disease once unlocked, and get back to Sorna to cure those dinosaurs ASAP!

Let me know if this is the case and is of any help.

Heyo!
May I ask what this disease is? Otherwise, it sounds like you do not have a research center on each of your islands (Matanceros, Muerta, Taccano, Pena, and Sorna). I recall that late game unlocks require a research center on all main islands for new research, and an expedition center on all main islands for new dinosaurs. So I recommend going back to each island to check if they have a research ccenter.

But don’t worry about the disease transferring over. At least in my playthrough, these new diseases occur in the islands they debut in and later. Never on an island earlier. So you could build the research centers on previous islands where there were non, research the disease once unlocked, and get back to Sorna to cure those dinosaurs ASAP!

Let me know if this is the case and is of any help.

You're right, i didn't put a research center on Pena. I failed my first attempt at the island and restarted it, first time i placed a research center second time i did not. I went back to Tacano to use the wealth i had there to afford all research and excavations before attempting Pena again thinking that was smart so i could forgo the space taken by a research center.

But i will say that i for a while was using Matanceros to go back to and research/excavate new items before they were needed on the new island and to conserve finances for them. While doing this i regularly saw diseases from Muertos and Tacano infect my dinos on Matanceros. But it's worth noting that it never happened before i researched a cure and only after, but i don't do risks and wasnt wanting to chance it.

Top Bottom