Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

I thought I should point this out. This is the what are you doing for Praea Euq VP-M c21-1

Those 2 signals are both Class III gas giants, but they're pretty far apart. The lower signal is a normal CIII and the higher one was the GGG. I also noticed the same thing in Squern AF-N c21-0 but I don't have a screenshot and I don't remember if it was higher or lower, but there could be a way to identify GGG's from the FSS.

No, sorry, but I'm pretty sure the difference between those two signals is that one of them (the GGG) is ringed, the other (planet 2) is not.

Myself & a friend have visited #21 today, there are still some moons unmapped! but I raced 7000ly worth of neutron boosting off my circumnavigation course to get my tags on this system.

damn it's a pretty one!

Praea Euq VP-M C21-1 1.jpg

GGG #21: Impressive...Most Impressive.

After the resounding success that was GGG 21, imagine my excitement when I noticed another Class III GGG on the codex (reported by CMDR ATAHUALPHA). After over 30 kLys traveled going between the two, I present Wembaei UM-A b57-4...
lM9saSM.png

Yeah, it was pretty disappointing but it can still teach us some things. First off, it is the second GGG in a b-mass code system. Second, it shows that your typical, deep blue CIII can be a GGG. It is also the only GGG to be in a triple-planet system.
9HUu6Do.png

Those green lights do look kind of cool though. I might try for a better or closer shot in the morning, it's getting late.

After the resounding success that was GGG 21, imagine my excitement when I noticed another Class III GGG on the codex (reported by CMDR ATAHUALPHA). After over 30 kLys traveled going between the two, I present Wembaei UM-A b57-4...
lM9saSM.png

Yeah, it was pretty disappointing but it can still teach us some things. First off, it is the second GGG in a b-mass code system. Second, it shows that your typical, deep blue CIII can be a GGG. It is also the only GGG to be in a triple-planet system.
9HUu6Do.png

Those green lights do look kind of cool though. I might try for a better or closer shot in the morning, it's getting late.
Crikey, they're being discovered fast all of a sudden.

lM9saSM.png

9HUu6Do.png

What in the actual hell?!?! They are coming on big blue's now? Wonders never cease. I guess that the new "Holy Grail" is going to be a Helium Rich Class XII Red Gas Giant with GGG traits

Nah, no HGs or HRGGs. Out of the ten gas giant types, eight have known GGGs.
Since we rely on the Codex for finding them, with 42 regions, we could have a maximum of 336 if only the eight types have GGGs (likely) or at most 420 if all types did have.
That's assuming all regions have all of them, of course: honestly, I'd be surprised if some like Aquila's Halo did.
I don't think it likely that Helium-Rich or Helium giants could be green: the maximum He percentage for the known ones is 27.59. Of course, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I have a feeling that some of these combinations are so highly improbable that they probably don't exist within our galaxy. But if there were multiple galaxies in ED, then we might stand a chance. :)

Time to open up Andromeda? ;) :D
I'll second that motion...the worm hole to the Andromeda Galaxy is in the same system as Raxxla.

Does EDSM records show GGGs? I wonder if you could sift through this to find the GGGs found but not reported to the community before the Codex, or GGGs in the IOS (for example) of a type already reported to the Codex?

Top Bottom