Gnosis might be doomed

I docked on the Gnosis earlier today, then returned to Shinrarta Dezhra, parking myself outside of Jameson Memorial. If something happens to the Gnosis, I have the option of self-destructing and being transported there (with my Exploraconda). It's nice to have the option even if I'm not sure I'll use it.

You are going to be very surprised to instead find yourself at the nearest friendly station to where you blew up.

You are going to be very surprised to instead find yourself at the nearest friendly station to where you blew up.

Ah. Well, I did get to screenshot my ship next to the Gnosis, which was the main purpose of the trip. It'll be interesting to see if there will be need for a rescue, or if the Gnosis is lost with all hands - the possible outcomes are many.

I docked on the Gnosis earlier today, then returned to Shinrarta Dezhra, parking myself outside of Jameson Memorial. If something happens to the Gnosis, I have the option of self-destructing and being transported there (with my Exploraconda). It's nice to have the option even if I'm not sure I'll use it.

You will be transported to the nearest Starport now, not the last one docked to.
Frontier changed it, because of exploit opportunities :p. - Better get back over there to join the fight.

Frankly I'm expecting the most boring 4 weeks of playing Elite EVER. Scanning and SRV mats gathering. In peace and quiet. Flying over empty landscapes. Going on a geyser hunt. Anything else will be a welcome distraction.

There's a patch tomorrow. I wonder if FD have omitted certain items from the change list....

:eek:

Actually I saw that they corrected the Lance's overheating problem. I only had enough Epsilon Data to unlock one fighter and THAT is the one I chose, the one that overheats and is useless.

So that is one welcome change!

[video=youtube;RgoyHrr7hII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgoyHrr7hII[/video]

You are all sat on one giant bomb, and the Club are going to use you to deliver it :D

So if I am docked on the Gnosis, and the Gnosis is destroyed, do I respawn at my previous system?

I don't think FDEV has the capacity to do that.

If the Gnosis arrives, will the thargoids directly attack the Gnosis?

I don't think FDEV has the capacity to do that.

If the Gnosis arrives, and the thargoids attack pilots leaving the Gnosis, and you die, don't you just respawn on the Gnosis?

So if this were to happen, we would be in Gnosis purgatory until the next jump.

I really don't think anything is going to happen other than a bunch of NH USS's in the locked system the Gnosis arrives in.

It's too bad. I'd like to end up on a name list of a tourist beacon for killed explorers.

hx6ik.jpg

So if I am docked on the Gnosis, and the Gnosis is destroyed, do I respawn at my previous system?

Perhaps. But since this would be the first time a dockable megaship is destroyed, nobody knows what will happen. Even FD only knows what should happen in this case. And with the incoming 3.2.1 patch, I doubt even that.

If the Gnosis arrives, will the thargoids directly attack the Gnosis?

Possibly. You may log directly into a station under attack, some/all services disabled, Thargoids firing at the landing pads....

As for FD not being able to pull this off - your CMDR's history is stored both on your PC and FD's servers. Restoring you to your last docked station before the Gnosis would be a minor issue. Having Thargoids attacking the Gnosis would also not really be a problem (especially not with that patch incoming...), only limited by the ususal instancing limitations. But something like 5...10 a side should be possible. BTDT in a RES during a CG, bounty hunting. Just replace the pirate 'condas with Thargoids. Admittedly, Thargon swarms and shard/flak cannon would stretch things a bit.

If the Gnosis arrives, and the thargoids attack pilots leaving the Gnosis, and you die, don't you just respawn on the Gnosis?

Probably - at least that's what everybody hopes for. But again, this is a first for that game, so anything is possible.

So if this were to happen, we would be in Gnosis purgatory until the next jump.

Probably not. Unless some game mechanics were changed (or didn't take the special situation of the Gnosis into account), there should be several methods for leaving the sector. All of them one way, and most of them would include sacrificing your ship (or at least the rebuy).

It's too bad. I'd like to end up on a name list of a tourist beacon for killed explorers.

With ~10,000 people on board of the Gnosis right now, that would be a long list. You really want to scroll through ~3000 names to find if you're on that list?

With ~10,000 people on board of the Gnosis right now, that would be a long list. You really want to scroll through ~3000 names to find if you're on that list?

My RL name is on a CD that went to Mars. Pretty happy with that. Would FDEV put all the commander's names on the beacon -naaah. Would they mention the 10,000 collectively yep. By the way, how did Cannon get a hold of Tardis tech anyways?

My thoughts exactly. I just arrived in my Dolpin, The Pony Express and wondered how I could find out how many ships that were docked here. Anyone have any idea of how to find that information?

Caliber_az

My thoughts exactly. I just arrived in my Dolpin, The Pony Express and wondered how I could find out how many ships that were docked here. Anyone have any idea of how to find that information?

Caliber_az

For a lower estimate, head over to Inara and check the system data for Outotz ST-I d9-4. Thanks to Witcher7 in the "main" thread.

Right now, we passed the 10,000 ships mark. And I know that at least the CMDR I have on the Gnosis right now doesn't even have an Inara account...

camp out under the stars and count them taking off and landing?Just on the off chance that your prediction may come true,i'm hotfooting it over there now,OP.Watching those numbers tumble is exhilarating,if exhausting.Anyone any idea what time final boarding?Edit :O.Fine.Thanks.

Last edited:
Gankers or not I play in open - I count it as a victory when I escape them. It going to be fun, it will add an element of danger :eek:

Top Bottom