Gondola up a mountain

For my new Asian Zoo, I want to have guests get on a gondola ride from the zoo entrance at the base of a mountain that brings them to the top. I'm having trouble because when laying the "track" I can only increase the height 8º per piece of track. Even with the track length at its shortest, that's a very gradual slope that uses half the width of the zoo area to get about 95m high. Is there any way around this? I was really hoping to do a much steeper incline. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I've made a slew of Asian themed items in preparation for this zoo. I guess I should have investigated the limits of the gondola first but I still really want to make this work. Here's a link to a bunch of very Asian buildings and scenery if anyone is interested. I uploaded them to Steam Workshop for safety, just in case the game crashed. Every item is a single group for easy placement. Although Planet Zoo has been bug-free for me for some time now, I still get a crash now and then.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2015462963

Last edited:
If I make the track go up in an extremely snakey pattern I can get it to 153m which would be an acceptable height, but it looks ridiculous :)

The increase in height is definitely capped, no workaround for that. However, any incline will slow the gondolas very much. I would not recommend long or many inclines.

The increase in height is definitely capped, no workaround for that. However, any incline will slow the gondolas very much. I would not recommend long or many inclines.

Why would an incline slow the gondola? Do they then go faster downhill? :)

Top Bottom