Good Job Frontier, more of that please!

I was very happy to participate in the Fedmich bounty hunting CG in the last couple of weeks, both the PvE and PvP aspects of the CG. Lots of good PvP fights were had, and I was able to make ~30 million between the bounties and the CG payout.

I was so happy to see a combat CG that didn't end in 3 days! In fact, it was completed only a couple of days before the 2 week deadline, which means the devs set the bar at a reasonable level.

Can this please be the start of a positive trend? I'm so used to CGs dropping on Friday and ending on Sunday night (combat oriented CGs) because the bar is set too low. The Fedmich (BH) CG was not like that and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only player who appreciates it!

Last edited:
They don't get much credit for it, but FD put a lot of effort into CGs. Even CGs that are sent to them by players take a lot of work on FD's part to organise. I think they are also paying a great deal of attention to the number of players doing various CGs.

They don't get much credit for it, but FD put a lot of effort into CGs. Even CGs that are sent to them by players take a lot of work on FD's part to organise. I think they are also paying a great deal of attention to the number of players doing various CGs.

I'm guessing we won't be getting many more salvage CGs. It's not going so well. I did that one for a good 5 or 6 minutes and got bored. I did notice a HUGE amount of commanders scrambling to collect as much as possible on the day the bounty CG ended.

I was very happy to participate in the Fedmich bounty hunting CG in the last couple of weeks, both the PvE and PvP aspects of the CG. Lots of good PvP fights were had, and I was able to make ~30 million between the bounties and the CG payout.

I was so happy to see a combat CG that didn't end in 3 days! In fact, it was completed only a couple of days before the 2 week deadline, which means the devs set the bar at a reasonable level.

Can this please be the start of a positive trend? I'm so used to CGs dropping on Friday and ending on Sunday night (combat oriented CGs) because the bar is set too low. The Fedmich (BH) CG was not like that and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only player who appreciates it!

100% agree

I remember the legendary battle for Lugh.... that was an epic CG! More like that would be great but I think the game has changed too much since then for it to be the same.

It was only 2 weeks long because they screwed up the other Fedmich CG about collecting some stuff so it was original a Tier 8, 1 week long CG, it got extended by a week and 2 tiers (actually benefited me as not enough took over my 50% position so I got more payout for just waiting a week ;) )

What I think made this CG so good was the fact that it worked so well with its companion CG.

Bounty hunters and rescuers/scavengers had the chance to play in the same location, enabling some cool cooperative play.
Usually, bounty hunters went to the local RES and everyone else did their own thing somewhere else, never to meet.

I took part in both CGs.
It was a bit sad that yesterday morning I logged in to find that the combat one had ended again.

This is a running theme with combat CGs though, mainly because they're usually the most fun. :p

I only usually get to play a bit on Fridays just after the CG starts, then a bit Monday, then a bit more Wednesday.

Most of the time the CG has ended before Monday. So I tend to have really low contributions to CGs.

I'd prefer it if they set the bar too high for combat CGs.
They never fail anymore. Which makes them rather pointless really. Lol

I participated in both at the same time.

Run in, grab 5 escape pods. Get attacked straight after by the pirates, claim a few bounties and run away when the pirates got too much.

Hand in bounties and cargo when I got some hull damage or a full cargo hold.

The whole thing was pitched perfectly for me... I did OK, and died once (for the first time since 0.4 betapocalipse!).

Just a shame that re-logging in solo was the only way to get any decent salvage, not sure how they are ever going to fix that though!

They don't get much credit for it, but FD put a lot of effort into CGs. …

At the same time FD makes a lot of mistakes and errors with CGs. Tier requirements being too low, too high, things needed not spawning, things not working - there is a long list of fails.
The salvage CG had no "Salvageable Wreckage" POI for the first few days and FD had to put that thing in after noticing the only way to reach tier 1 was to use old persistent POIs from an other CG "far away". In addition to that they had to increase the duration to 2 weeks.

I remember the legendary battle for Lugh.... that was an epic CG!…

A staged and failed CG. A nice example how CGs shouldn't work. Glad FD learned a bit form that disaster.

Just a shame that re-logging in solo was the only way to get any decent salvage, not sure how they are ever going to fix that though!

No need to re-log a single time to get good salvage. Playing in Solo probably helps/helped, but that is true for all CGs that require players to compete with others for limited resources.

I took part in both CGs.
It was a bit sad that yesterday morning I logged in to find that the combat one had ended again.

This is a running theme with combat CGs though, mainly because they're usually the most fun. :p

I only usually get to play a bit on Fridays just after the CG starts, then a bit Monday, then a bit more Wednesday.

Most of the time the CG has ended before Monday. So I tend to have really low contributions to CGs.

I'd prefer it if they set the bar too high for combat CGs.
They never fail anymore. Which makes them rather pointless really. Lol

I agree with you, and this combat CG lasted almost the whole 2 weeks. That's why I'm trying to give positive feedback, to encourage more of that. Granted, the bug for the related cargo pod CG had something to do with it I'm sure.

Top Bottom