Hardware & Technical GPU exchange

Given the current cost of GPUs can Cmdrs recommend any reliable, trustworthy online GPU exchange sites, eg to sell / buy GPU.

I’m in no rush to upgrade, but do need a better GPU to play EDO but not going to fork out full price, at least not when my current dinosaur still plays everything apart from EDO.

Normally I’d just upgrade my whole rig, but at present theres no use, it’s reliable. I’m generally just considering trading in the GPU, but just want to assess if it’s practical / reliable, otherwise I’ll just ignore EDO for a few years until my rig is totally geriatric to necessitate a new card.

Last edited:
I bought some used GPUs last year. All of them were in great condition, except one.. One sneaky fella sent me a card that either wouldn't boot, or crashed within minutes.
He refused there was anything wrong with the card when he sent it to me and wouldn't accept a return and refund. Not until I opened the card and took a look. It was a mess. Some kind of beverage had been spilt unto half the pcb and corroded the circuits. At least after sending him the pictures of the opened card he accepted the refund.
My guess, he spilled some coke into his pc, dried the card, and then it worked well enough to put on sale. Fortunately for me the coke had corroded the circuits enough to make the card unusable when I received it.

So yeah, buying used there is always a small risk of encountering that one sneaky fella. But most sellers are legit. My friend bought more used GPUs than me and he had no faulty ones. All our used gpus have been mining steadily for over half a year now, and not even a faulty fan so far.

I would probably go to do a direct trade with the GPU owner, instead of buying in the internet. Like with second-hand cloth stores, you know. :)

Found a direct trade trader in town. Ironically no decent card in stock! Ha - well will just wait it out…no rush towards EDO.

Overclockers.co.uk have a private Forum group that exchange used cards. I think it's still operational, and you need to make 1000 main forum posts to gain access there.

Top Bottom