Gratuitous Selfie Thread

Screenshot_0012b.jpgScreenshot_0017a.jpg

Posted these before, two of my favorite screenshots.

Last edited:
Cool snaps. A variety of boats there, and the *black & white* one reminds me of Star Wars for some reason.
--
Kearf - is your second one a T6? It looks like a giant dismembered metalic ant head in the void!

Sunrise over my first earth like
Screenshot_0032.jpg
Hanging out in a trinary system
Screenshot_0038.jpg
A little station selfie
Screenshot_0007.jpg
Another earth like discovered
Screenshot_0030.jpg
Cruising through a nebula (can't remember which one)
Screenshot_0020.jpg
Chilling in the rings
Screenshot_0051.jpg
A volcanic world
Screenshot_0059.jpg
finally a beautiful purple nebula (I really need to start noting where these were taken)
Screenshot_0086.jpg

I'm loving all your pics by the way. Keep up the good work Commanders

I was just thinking wouldn't it be nice if the screenshots we take could be geo tagged in some way so we could know where they were taken (including the system name in the file name maybe). I'm starting to get quite a large collection of these and can't remember where half of them come from

Here's a nice one I took after I got distracted and crashed into the rings... I love the way the sunlight is reflecting off the ring.

2015-05-18_00004.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was just thinking wouldn't it be nice if the screenshots we take could be geo tagged in some way so we could know where they were taken (including the system name in the file name maybe). I'm starting to get quite a large collection of these and can't remember where half of them come from

Good idea. To work around this I generally I take a system map view at the same time as the screenshot so I can work it out.

Last edited:
Great idea on the geotag. I tend to rename the image file if it is one I particularly like.
Alex - fantastic , fantastic shot!

Nice shots Matzov, the California Nebula is very 70's…
I should add it on my bucket list.

Last edited:
Took this from inside the ring of a gas giant orbiting a red giant, not a particularily large one, about 30 times the size of Sol. Was so happy with it this is now my desktop background :) :
Screenshot_0058.png

And somewhere else, again inside a ring. Around a hi-metal planet with some volcanic activity this time. Noticed I happened to catch a "sunset" and stayed to watch. Lasted 10 minutes or so. The effect happened of course because the ring and I are orbiting the planet. Was pretty to look at:
Screenshot_0059.png

Screenshot_0060.png

Screenshot_0061.png

Screenshot_0062.png

Screenshot_0063.png

Screenshot_0064.png

Screenshot_0065.png

Screenshot_0066.png

Screenshot_0067.png

Screenshot_0068.png

Screenshot_0069.png

Screenshot_0070.png