Gratuitous Selfie Thread

Are you using anything special? Those just look to good to be true!:D

Haha, thanks. I use the EDFX mod which makes a huge difference to the look of the game. It's very customisable too so you can change things if you want. If I come across a place I want to take screenshots I also change the supersampling from x1 (the value I normally play the game at) to x2.0. It makes the image much crisper but your fps takes a big hit (I lose about 20fps with x2.0 on which is why I don't use it for regular gameplay). I do a lot of photography in the 'real' world so I'm always on the lookout for good lighting and striking vistas. This is probably the most important factor in getting nice screenshots. Interesting and atmospheric lighting (and composition) always makes things look better, just like in traditional photography.

Last edited:
They newly discovered beauty of rocky moons (unaltered beta footage):

Rocky_moon_detail.jpg

Rocky_moon.jpg

♪ Blue moon... you saw me standing alone... ♪

Beneath_a_blue_sunset.jpg

Blue_moon.jpg

Blue_Ring.jpg

♪ Let's go sunning... it's so good for you...♪

Near_a_small_star.jpg

Sunrise_on_a_distant_moon.jpg

Surface detail upon take-off:

Rough_Surface.jpg

I wonder how this will look from a rock's surface...

Purple_Nebula.jpg

Puuurdy good, actually :D

Nebula_moon.jpg

Last edited:
Is that midnight black? Looks so awesome... Where you goin'? Not that I'd take that Cutter or anything, not at all! I'm an honest to goodness Gentlepirate. :D

Yep. Midnight Black paint.

As to where I'm going...thought I'd head core-wards again, and just keep going on out the other side...the Cutter is quite suited to a journey like that as it doesn't like to turn, and it sure as hell doesn't like to stop in a hurry. ;)

Wherever I go, I'm going to need to rack up some impressive finds to help replenish my bank balance...just the Frameshift Drive on this badboy costs more than an Anaconda... :eek: ...it's a good job she's so pretty. :cool:

View attachment 86408View attachment 86409

It's only real drawback is landing on those uncharted planets - the fact it manoeuvres like a dead whale on Prozac combined with it's sheer size makes it a pig to land...still, practice makes perfect - although I'm sure people will be able to track my route by following the cutter-shaped dents in the moons. :)

Last edited:
Yep. Midnight Black paint.

As to where I'm going...thought I'd head core-wards again, and just keep going on out the other side...the Cutter is quite suited to a journey like that as it doesn't like to turn, and it sure as hell doesn't like to stop in a hurry. ;)

Wherever I go, I'm going to need to rack up some impressive finds to help replenish my bank balance...just the Frameshift Drive on this badboy costs more than an Anaconda... :eek: ...it's a good job she's so pretty. :cool:

View attachment 86408View attachment 86409

It's only real drawback is landing on those uncharted planets - the fact it manoeuvres like a dead whale on Prozac combined with it's sheer size makes it a pig to land...still, practice makes perfect - although I'm sure people will be able to track my route by following the cutter-shaped dents in the moons. :)
Good luck! And:
AJGFGJ AJGJEK AJEKBL
BLEKBM BMEKFL BMFLCO
COFLHL COHLDR DRHLMP
DRMPRU EKGJHL EKHJFL
GFKFNI GFNIGJ GJNIHL
HLNIMP KFOGNI MPNIRU
NIOGTI NITIRU RUTIXQ
RUXQVV

How'd you get the cool paint job? I'd really like any paint for the courier!

Unfortunately it's not available anymore. It was the Black Friday (only) Horizons pre-order special and should be available to anyone who purchased Horizons before or during that time (I bought the lifetime pass a while back). It gives "Midnight Black" paint jobs to all current ships (including new ones from 1.5).

But I do hope they release paint jobs soon for more ships, as I would love the "Tactical" and "Vibrant" paint packs for the Courier.

Finally sold all data, repaired the Glorious Fluo Pancake, sleep and now it's time for some buggy crash !

And awesome screenshot of course.
Or... Not...
1450307429-bog003.jpg

My 2010 setup finally betrayed me !
So... only low setting for me.

Landed !
1450308567-landed.jpg

Mother and child !
1450308572-landed2.jpg

It's funny and pathetic to compare the rovers details with the planet details.
1450308577-landed3.jpg

Unfortunately it's not available anymore. It was the Black Friday (only) Horizons pre-order special and should be available to anyone who purchased Horizons before or during that time (I bought the lifetime pass a while back). It gives "Midnight Black" paint jobs to all current ships (including new ones from 1.5).

But I do hope they release paint jobs soon for more ships, as I would love the "Tactical" and "Vibrant" paint packs for the Courier.

If that's the case then I should have it as well. I'm a Beta Backer who also purchased a LTP. Hmm
Edit:
Nevermind. Turns out I have it after all =>
vdhaVjx.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom