When I looked at some of the other herbivores, I realized the three in-game ornithomimids (Struthiomimus, Gallimimus, and Archaeornithomimus) don’t have a grazing animation as the other ground feeder type herbivores.

So, my idea is to bring a feeding animation AI rig to have the ornithomimids to being able to graze when “roaming”, just as the other grazing dinosaurs do, to give them a little more life to them.

I could imagine the ornithomimids having a grazing animation that is identical to how an ostrich would graze: pecking about along the grass, considering their bird-like characteristics.

Yes bird like... Or like the jp audio tour someone posted said... "They get down on all fours to graze." I think they could do both versions.

Ugh... please no... the fact that any of the herbivores graze on grass in this game is entirely ridiculous... there isn't a single herbivorous dinosaur with grazing dentition and a notable lack of grass fossils from the Mesozoic era. Add to the fact that it doesn't even fulfill the hunger need and you'd be better off asking for aesthetic animations that at least fit within the realm of realism.

Yes bird like... Or like the jp audio tour someone posted said... "They get down on all fours to graze."
...wait, are they saying the ornithomimids get down on all fours to graze? How? Why? Their limbs barely reach below their knees and their necks are more than long enough to get their heads to the ground... getting down on all fours would not only be completely unnecessary, but also sounds completely impossible.

Ugh... please no... the fact that any of the herbivores graze on grass in this game is entirely ridiculous... there isn't a single herbivorous dinosaur with grazing dentition and a notable lack of grass fossils from the Mesozoic era. Add to the fact that it doesn't even fulfill the hunger need and you'd be better off asking for aesthetic animations that at least fit within the realm of realism.
Nothing in video games need to match realism all of the time, it's only whatever the developers choose for their game worlds. Plus, my idea is rather cohesive to what the dinosaurs in the game can already do.

And when I say "graze", it's just a broad informal term to when anything feeds off greens from the ground. You don't always need to be technical on every single thing, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

...wait, are they saying the ornithomimids get down on all fours to graze? How? Why? Their limbs barely reach below their knees and their necks are more than long enough to get their heads to the ground... getting down on all fours would not only be completely unnecessary, but also sounds completely impossible.

First off you are wrong. They found grass in hadrosaurus poo that was fossilized. Dispelling the idiotic notion that grass didnt ALWAYS exist on pangea... The idea that grass forned seperatley on ALL 7 Continents by chance was stupid science to begin with.

There's also no reason why they couldn't get on all fours. If you had two kick stand arms why wouldnt you use them if you are tired and want to take some weight off your back legs? I dont think anyone can say what they would or wouldnt do. Plus it would be an extra grazing method. It aint like 2 new animations for standing and on all fours grazing would hurt the game. It needs more animations and dino behaviors. It's the only glaring thing the game is lacking that hasnt been addresed.

Top Bottom