Green Gas Giants, extended data sheet

@DjVortex - are you indeed CMDR Jacob Astor? If so, congratulations!
Indeed I am. Although I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. Could someone explain a bit?

These are the pictures I got from that planet when I discovered it. I noticed the unusual green spots and wasn't sure if it was something special or not (had heard of the rarity of "green giants" before, but wasn't sure if this counts as such.)

ED_Odyssey_324.jpg

ED_Odyssey_323.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed I am. Although I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. Could someone explain a bit?

This is the pictures I got from that planet when I discovered it. I noticed the unusual green spots and wasn't unsure if it was something special or not (had heard of the rarity of "green giants" before, but wasn't sure if this counts as such.)

View attachment 387948

View attachment 387949
It does count very much, and you have found something extremely rare! Incredible find!

Class II GGGs tend not to be overstated in their green-ness. The one you found actually has a significant amount of color for its class. Arcanic above is the leading expert on GGGs and I'm sure will be happy to tell you more.

These are the pictures I got from that planet when I discovered it. I noticed the unusual green spots and wasn't sure if it was something special or not (had heard of the rarity of "green giants" before, but wasn't sure if this counts as such.)
Howdy! That right there is indeed a Green Gas Giant (which you got your name in the codex for! 🎉 ) At the moment, there are only 52 known throughout the galaxy, so are incredibly rare. They vary visually based on what their class is, with lots of green to barely any. They are bugged planets that have their surface colors 'incomplete', which produces the green and pink colors. Your class II in particular is probably one of the best looking green class IIs out there! I've made many videos regarding the subject, I highly recommend you watch my Strange Temperatures video on how some generate here.

Congrats again, finding a GGG is every explorer's (including my own) holy grail!

Top Bottom