Gridlines on map option

I think there should be an option in the Settings menu to switch the Gridlines on the map on and off so that you can get things straight! What does everybody else think of that idea?

I think there should be an option in the Settings menu to switch the Gridlines on the map on and off so that you can get things straight! What does everybody else think of that idea?

It would be ok, it may help to plan and distribute better the spaces.

Until then you can use Bitter Jeweller's trick, set a building with a wall in each corner of the map, then all the map has a grid.

If that trick needs to be used, then grid lines on the map should be an option in the settings menu.

precisely my point - well said Wablamo.

Also I think where the middle of the map is the gridlines (if PC developer listen to us and put an option to turn them on or off into the game) need to be bolder too!

Last edited:
I'm new to this sort of game play. Grids in Settings would certainly ease some of my layout issues.

Just love this game!!!!!!!!!! but grids and paths are driving me crazy!

I created one big grid using Bitter Jeweler's tip and marked the center of the park. I'm creating HUGE plaza areas. My goal is that when looked at with birds-eye view the main pathways are a giant celtic cross design with paths going over and under.

An option to toggle between 2m and 4m squares would be good - or no preset grid for more organic building.
Maybe a different colour line to indicate every 10 (settings option) squares.
Settings option to start count from center point (previously mentioned) or the park entrance point.
Option for the same grid for paths AND building so that walls align easier and properly to the paths. I get a lot of gaps between walls and paths or they overlap so the peeps go "into" the walls. Maybe that's me being a newbie?

Top Bottom