General / Off-Topic "Grumpy Cat" is dead !

Some cats might find fame hard to adapt to.Competition for celebrity status is fierce, nowadays.And the pressures of remaining at the apex must be enourmouse.

It's a though decision to make but sometimes it's the only option you have.
I had to make it a couple of times and even though the veterinarian said it's the best option, you always feel very bad about it.
I did it too many times, but for this young cat, the veterinarian wanted to try an operation but for what results ? and what conditions of physical and psychological of life, after for this cat ?

Veterinarians often want to make a lot of money ... and do not always answer all the questions.

I did it too many times, but for this young cat, the veterinarian wanted to try an operation but for what results ? and what conditions of physical and psychological of life, after for this cat ?

Veterinarians often want to make a lot of money ... and do not always answer all the questions.
Yeah, it's sometimes the only option and if the cat has to go through life with those conditions, I would at least question the motive of the veterinarian.

My last cat was 16 years old and couldn't eat normal cat food anymore and the specialized food was pretty expensive.
After my fifth visit to the veterinarian I asked him if he thinks my cat is still happy and he said I don't think so.
Very honest of him and that's when I said okay let him rest. :cry:

I decided to not have a cat after that but just over three years ago my neighbor had a nest of young Cavalier King Charles pups and asked me if I wanted one, I really couldn't refuse.
So now I have the sweetest dog in the world. :)

My last cat was 16 years old and couldn't eat normal cat food anymore and the specialized food was pretty expensive.

I knew this with one of my cats.

She was superb and was 10 years old.

Renal insufficiency (like many cats) and blood poisoning by teeth problems. The vet said, "we can prolong her life but we have to look at the teeth and put her on a drip for several days and after only the specialized kidney food."

We said "ok". As a result, he pulled up 8 teeth (he had not said before) and my poor cat, who had not eaten during one month, continued not to eat and especially the specialized food.

We made the decision to put her to sleep forever.

She weighed an average of 4.7 kilos during her life, and finished her life at 1.3 kilos. 😭

Never again live it. And explain why we did not want to relive that with the young cat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom