Guardian mission bugged?!

This morning I embarked on what I thought would be a fun and interesting voyage to the guardian ruins. but noticed some things aren't adding up.

-Pay says it's 10M? I have heard people say it used to be 101M+ an extra 100M upon completing all entries...Let me guess, It got nerfed like everything else? or is it just a bug?

-I have all the artefacts required and have been using a guide to try to find the correct combos. In racing around the Gamma 1+ site, I used the Casket+ Totem combo, which After scanning EVERY damn Obelisk on the site, one didn't even give me a message (I assume that must of been the correct one but it was bugged no doubt?) this also happened on 3 other instances where I was trying to use combos... All are wrong but the silent ones that have no messages.

-No notifications whatsoever regarding to the correct location and place to scan, Obelisks all look the same and have no changes regarding pattern and combo. Is this mission more of a Guessing game or is there actually logic to this? or again, is it a bug and the things that are meant to happen aren't happening?

- Heard that only 1 of the 101 combos requires multiple CMDR's present. really hopping that isn't the case.

Help would be very welcome at this stage. getting highly irritated on day 1 already....

CMDR Jaylem

P.s does anyone have any pictures of the sites, it is hard to absolutely confirm site types as I find pictures are limited.

Last edited:
Update: Through reading Cannon It is highly probable there was a wrong combination.

I am Making a Print-out PDF that will Contain every site in order and the sub-site locations with combinations. This will drastically reduced the time and effort people will need to complete the mission.

give me a day and I should have it ready! ;)

I think it used to be 201mil payout but was nerfed a few months ago because of it being repeatable

If you can, grab 3 others and go for it as that is what unlocks the missing data
I think when I done it was missing 7 pieces of data and 4of us managed to get hold of it eventually

The Cannon info should be pretty reliable, I used that when I done my mission

Payout is 111million, has been for a while - there's a thread in news about it.

Sounds like you are using a very out of date guide - there are several good ones out there, faq in my signature points to dognosh's and the canonn one. You don't need anyone else to finish the mission, in fact having others around can make it more difficult to track combos. Given that the canonn sites tell you the exact locations and the edshipyard tool tells you the optimal route (and both dynamically update as we find new ruins) I'm not sure what you think a static PDF will add, but as long as it makes you happy :)

Payout is 111million, has been for a while - there's a thread in news about it.

Sounds like you are using a very out of date guide - there are several good ones out there, faq in my signature points to dognosh's and the canonn one. You don't need anyone else to finish the mission, in fact having others around can make it more difficult to track combos. Given that the canonn sites tell you the exact locations and the edshipyard tool tells you the optimal route (and both dynamically update as we find new ruins) I'm not sure what you think a static PDF will add, but as long as it makes you happy :)

Well, Money is money ain't it...even if there is quite a bit of work involved.

My PDF(Word doc at present....) Has every key system type and location added(one of each site type) and all the combinations for each of the sub-sites. have spent hours so far today refining the list. basically I can just print it off, follow a chained route, bring only what I need and then scan away!!

I will then post it (if it works) so that others may use it.

As for my guardian Artefacts, I will be giving them away to CMDR's for whatever their reason (Thargoid interactions, guardian tours, profit if they so choose) I Have 30 at present. can't be bothered selling them and it is better if it helps out the community. :)

- Heard that only 1 of the 101 combos requires multiple CMDR's present. really hopping that isn't the case.

That was the case for a long time, but I believe it got fixed. People weren't happy because the ruins were finally able to be done in solo-only, and started doing it when that finally got fixed, only to have the reward nerfed from 100m to 10m a couple days later.

Last edited:
Hi Jaylem

It does sound like you have been reading old information.
Originally the mission was bugged and could only be completed by joining other commanders in an instance and working together to glitch "on" 6/7 columns to be able to scan them. When this issue was fixed in 2.3, for some reason all of the layouts changed and the original guides no longer worked.

There is an updated guide to the guardians mission that dognosh put together and a current discussion thread that I'd recommend that you take a look at here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...UARDIANS-MISSION-GUIDE(Step-by-Step)-201-M-Cr

As Jmanis says, the completion bonus has been reduced to 10M credits since that guide thread was started.
It's worth mentioning up front that if you have any SLF pilots on your payroll then they'll take a cut from any credits earned.

FYI: There is also potentially an issue with the mission payout being capped at 100M credits rather than 111M due to a hotfix that went in to 2.4.01
It was reported end of September but we've never a response from QA that it's been fixed, but I've not seen anyone report recently that it's still broken either.
If you do complete the mission, please can you keep an eye on what you get paid and report back here and/or to the guide thread if it's fixed or not?
Also if you find that it is still bugged, could you post to this bug thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/379772-Ram-Tah-mission-reward-lowered (if you can add before and after completion screen-shots of credits or a video for QA to look at, even better)

Good luck! o7

Hi Jaylem

It does sound like you have been reading old information.
Originally the mission was bugged and could only be completed by joining other commanders in an instance and working together to glitch "on" 6/7 columns to be able to scan them. When this issue was fixed in 2.3, for some reason all of the layouts changed and the original guides no longer worked.

There is an updated guide to the guardians mission that dognosh put together and a current discussion thread that I'd recommend that you take a look at here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...UARDIANS-MISSION-GUIDE(Step-by-Step)-201-M-Cr

As Jmanis says, the completion bonus has been reduced to 10M credits since that guide thread was started.
It's worth mentioning up front that if you have any SLF pilots on your payroll then they'll take a cut from any credits earned.

FYI: There is also potentially an issue with the mission payout being capped at 100M credits rather than 111M due to a hotfix that went in to 2.4.01
It was reported end of September but we've never a response from QA that it's been fixed, but I've not seen anyone report recently that it's still broken either.
If you do complete the mission, please can you keep an eye on what you get paid and report back here and/or to the guide thread if it's fixed or not?
Also if you find that it is still bugged, could you post to this bug thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/379772-Ram-Tah-mission-reward-lowered (if you can add before and after completion screen-shots of credits or a video for QA to look at, even better)

Good luck! o7

Thankyou very much for the Info!! really looks like it will help a lot,

As you said before with Old charts, I am beginning to think this is the case. after many hours eliminating double-ups on the sites recommended by the old map, I found I was 21 Data entries short.

to further complicate the problem, My Elite has been crashing after every second scan or so, got 8M in scans then now no combination works...beginning to think there may be a bug.

Also as a future note to self, don't jettison cargo before scan for single artefact Obelisks, if Elite crashes you lose it...... now have to find another bloody casket!!

If the Guardian Aspect was a lot more smooth running I would continue, but it seems like I am going to have to return back empty handed this time. Too many bugs, not much clarity(In-game, you guys have done a fantastic job!! :) ) and shocking pay. not to mention a ridiculous amount of time!

so thankyou once again to everyone who lent a hand! Hope you all have better luck than I did!

CMDR Jaylem

Top Bottom