Guardian Ruins - Horrors of unlocking Guardian Fighters

So...silly me I did it again and decided to jump on hype train and take another dose of this madness. One will never learn I guess.

1. I have collected 4 Guardian Keys just to be sure to have some spare in case something will go wrong
2. Made it to NGC 2451A Sector VJ-R C4-22 where should I insert them into hole and scan glowing ball to get thingy
3. I activated pylons and tried to insert Anciant Key I collected into hole by jettisoning it as I did with weapons.
4. Its not working nothing is happening. Yes All pylons are activated.

Now I double checked this. If I go under Conda and select transport cargo I see I have 4 ancient Keys in Conda's hold. I transfer to SRV, it shows 3 in conda, 1 in srv.
I close dialogue or transfering table or how to call it.
Press 4 to open right panel and instead of Ancient Key theres Guardian Relic.
If I ho to hole and jettison that nothing happends.

So I dont know whats wrong, if Im doing something wrong way or whats happening. From what I see it seems a bit like bug, where my Ancient Key is changed to Guardian Relic if Ill load it to SRV. I also have One Relic in Conda. If I transfer Guardian Relic from SRV back to conda its added to 3 Ancient Keys stack not to that Guardian relic.

Im using this guide https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/quick-guide-to-guardian-fighters.444378/ there its says drop guardian key but no way how to load it from conda to srv without it becoming guardian relic.

I hope you can understand it at least to some degree. To be honest Im not in good condition right now. Did anyone experienced something similar? Any advices?

Of course many thanks for any help, I think Ill get cancer from this.

If you shoot one of the really tall guardian pylons that glow at the top, it will drop a key. This is the thing you need to unlock the globe. You can shoot them at any time and scoop one into your SRV (if you have the space). For getting guardian blueprints, they're all you need. Don't confuse them with the tokens (urn etc) which are for something different.

Hope this helps.

If you shoot one of the really tall guardian pylons that glow at the top, it will drop a key. This is the thing you need to unlock the globe. You can shoot them at any time and scoop one into your SRV (if you have the space). For getting guardian blueprints, they're all you need. Don't confuse them with the tokens (urn etc) which are for something different.

Hope this helps.

It doesn't.

You're talking about Guardian Relics, obtained at Guardian sites and used in obtaining Guardian modules/weapons.

The OP is referring to the Guardian Keys, obtained from the orbital Guardian Beacons and used in obtaining the Guardian SLFs.

Other than that, though, spot-on. :p

Record us a video - preferably with the Benny Hill music as a soundtrack :)

Looks like fdev need to add 'how to transfer cargo to your SRV' into the tutorials (if it's not there already).

To be fair, was there not a bug with this which might require players to drop the Keys out of their ship (eject cargo) and then swap to their SRV and scoop it again?

Didn't happen to me so I'm not sure although I've needed to do similar things due to bugs with Thargoid stuff.

To be fair, was there not a bug with this which might require players to drop the Keys out of their ship (eject cargo) and then swap to their SRV and scoop it again?

Didn't happen to me so I'm not sure although I've needed to do similar things due to bugs with Thargoid stuff.
That was a while back. Though I could probably make a video for myself - the number of times I forget to hit Confirm and end up wondering why my SRV is unexpectedly full /empty ;)

That was a while back. Though I could probably make a video for myself - the number of times I forget to hit Confirm and end up wondering why my SRV is unexpectedly full /empty ;)

Uhuh,

That'd definitely be my first guess too.

I suppose it doesn't help that the little UI seems to show stuff moving between ship and SRV, even though nothing will happen unless you click "Confirm".

I recall it being a right pain back when I was spending my time taking Urns and Caskets to Guardian obelisks for Ram Tah.

OP, when SRV is under ship you select transfer cargo option, select one of the keys from the ship cargo and then click on the transfer button, if you don't do the latter nothing is transferred. If you have a relic in your SRV then first do the above to transfer it to your ship (if you have the cargo space) otherwise just jettison it from your SRV on the planet so you just have the key in your SRV, as it keeps things simple once all pylons are active and sentinels are buzzing around! Also be careful to drop the key on the right spot as if you are too far off the orb won't trigger.

Thank you guys solved. This Guardians are nightmare considering how long I waited for them and what its including...lets just think about some nice things.

Now I know that SRV to Ship interface is as good as some other parts of interface including option to set colour of HUD but (damn I think I need a brake this is not doing me well) but I was very carefull. Also I had free SRV with no cargo so its not like I didnt confirmed what I set to Transport. It really was "changing" to different kind.

Solution if it will happen to someone else was to throw everything from ship and SRV out on ground and collect it again. Since than everyhting worked well, I guess it somehow got fixed on recollecting.

This all is very sad story I have to say. Design of those ruins is nice, Sentinels too, when theres a fog around it looks good, theres some audio included too. One would say it will be nice experience. It not at all.

For Frontier (and I already saw other ppl saying the same) If you force player to ride in vehicle which wont go over 7cm or so high step design enviroment the way theres less of such steps. When it comes to SRV I loved it, roaming on lanet doing some acrobacy...I love motorbikes so this I really loved. Until Guardian Ruins and usage of turret.
Turet mode is basicly combat mode, if you need to defend you switch to turret. Why are you taking radar away from turret when thats exactly a situatyion when you need situational awarness most of all I dont get it.

Im just happy tyhat you are not developing stuff like tanks because I think that everyone in crew would have targeting system at their disposal with exeption of gunner.

Ranting again but this is...I just dont know, why they dont read the forum, choose things which are obviously not harming anyone and would be good for game and implement them. Some example? Hmm maybe different colors for Marker Flags on Galaxy map? I left 2 years ago. I came back and still nothing while everyone would welcome such feature?

What the hell is wrong here...I guess Money Cow can be milked even without any work done so milk it. At the end everyone is doing that so why im even uspet...

Thanks for responses guys and sorry but what Ive been through was harming my health seriously.

Turet mode is basicly combat mode, if you need to defend you switch to turret. Why are you taking radar away from turret when thats exactly a situatyion when you need situational awarness most of all I dont get it.

You nailed it. I have no idea why there is no radar in turret mode. Nothing like switching back and forth between turret and regular mode to try and figure out where all of the sentinels are at...smh.

Pretty sure the Ancient Keys are for the floaty space things, and the Ancient Relic is used on planets to access blueprints. At least that’s how it was when I unlocked mine.

I also happened to spend a whole seven hours out in Guardian land, maxing out my inventory of all things Guardian and have since been able to unlock all of their stuff I would actually ever use, and still have leftovers.

Didn't read all the posts but make sure you're at a site that gives SLF blueprints and not modules/weapons. Not all sites are equal.

I unlocked the Trident yesterday in 7 hours. Here's where I went:

Beacon Keys: Synuefe KU-F B44-4 (have laser then transfer key to SRV at site)
Site Blueprint: Synuefe EU-Q C21-15 (scan Orb in turret mode, gather components)
Site Relic Data Patterns: Synuefe NL-N C23-4 (find the 2 glowing relics right next to each other and log in/out)

Rather than use the turret, I tend to use boost and then aim the weapon that way. The auto-aim works quite well when you do that (whereas I've never had much luck with it when all eight wheels are on the ground).

Top Bottom