Guardian turrets only multicrew? Tell me this is not so.

Deleted member 182079

D
Similar stuff happened to me as Phoenix above describes, unlocked the turrets first, but I believe the description included this to begin with (unless the text clarification was a more recent addition?).

I also don't have an issue with those particular weapons being fixed only, due to their very nature of how they operate. For the new MC module though I don't get it since we already have functioning AX MC turrets that do a pretty good job.

Fair point. - If it's beyond the AI to be able to use it effectively then best not to use it at all (or create better AI !)

Well the AI can use them when you swap to a fighter, and they are using your mothership, so they are able to fire them.

Is not to annoy solo player. Is to incentovise multicrew.

This is entirely true yes.

However, this is a really bad way of doing such a thing.

To incentivise multicrew, you make it have features, and elements that are more fun/better/more interesting/different than being alone (or even in wings)
You don't remove normal functionality from elsewhere - in order to do that. Addition not subtraction.

Part of the problem with this, is the decision very early on (which I entirely understand but entirely disagree with) to allow single commanders to pilot massive ships which should require crew - with full functionality.

The anaconda should have required NPC crew hired on to even fly it at all, and even then, it should have had functions unavailable to a solo commander - or functions you would need to switch away from piloting the ship to operate. That way, when multicrew was released, there would have been a point to it, and reasons to want human crew on your ship.

Top Bottom