Guardians Discussions

I wrote another paper where I tried to do experiment 1 that you listed above.

Oh, thanks. I didn't see that one. Really nice work! I really hope, the answer to question 0 is "yes" - I see no other way to correlate concrete information to the audio data otherwise...

A side note: I wouldn't call the last 'N' bar (in 'NE') 'N' but 'F' (like final or something). It doesn't start from 6kHz (or below) but from 7kHz and it even sounds different.

Btw. there could be a hint, that the data is in fact kinda random as you suggest in your second article. Ram Tah says in the messages (technology 7):
This is very interesting. According to the data package you just sent me the monolith network was used for most if not all communications regardless of importance. In keeping with their predilection for sharing knowledge, few restrictions were placed on the network. I thought there might have been separate networks for military and administrative use, but I haven’t found any evidence of that. Everything points to an extremely open society, which would have made them even more vulnerable when significant social divisions arose.

Which gives me an idea: did we try to sort the packets by the first or last bar? The first (or first few) bars could indicate a category, where the data belongs to (similar to IP addresses in network communication).

A final question: Is there any chance to get these data transcriptions from you, Maligno? :)

Last edited:
Which gives me an idea: did we try to sort the packets by the first or last bar? The first (or first few) bars could indicate a category, where the data belongs to (similar to IP addresses in network communication).

I think this is the classic "big endian" vs "little endian" issue. Whatever type of mapping we do between the bars (plus sparse spaces) and a numerical system has to be done in both directions to make sure we get things right.

I'm not ready to share my transcriptions just yet :)

When the first ruins were discovered I spent a lot of time there, to see if it had any hidden secrets. Apart from the ambient sounds, scanning the obelisks, the glyphs, the ancient items and the relic towers there didn't seem to be much of a clue what they were for. There were several theories about them being star or planet maps but after the Rah Tah first mission and all the data was decoded the purpose of the design of the sites seem to be forgotten about (as far as I know). The Cannon have a list of all the know sites split by types (alpha, beta and gamma) - I can't see to find if any further work was done on the differences between the sub types (i.e. alpha). I know that the obelisk arrangement is different and so is the relic towers.
This interest was prompted to a visit to Col 173 Sector LJ-f c12-0 b 6 (in the system where the Cete is) where there are two alpha sites in close together where the relic towers are almost in the same positions - apart from one has an extra tower (5) and one is in a difference place.

These differences may not have any importance - but has anyone mapped each site and compared them?

These differences may not have any importance - but has anyone mapped each site and compared them?

Cannon has documented all of the different configurations and has a database of active obelisks. However, I don't know if we have a full list of relic tower positions. I'll ask around.

Update: information on relic towers is not yet published. You may wanna check out Dreamstate's theories thread, he has some interesting ideas regarding relic tower positions.

Last edited:
Cannon has documented all of the different configurations and has a database of active obelisks. However, I don't know if we have a full list of relic tower positions. I'll ask around.

Update: information on relic towers is not yet published.

It would be nice to have one picture per site type with all relic tower positions. IIRC they are positioned on major points of 3 intersected triangles, with a minor offset induced from inserting artists objects over proc-gen layout markers. Kinda like this:

[video=youtube;h2PrrfajKmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2PrrfajKmE[/video]

BTW: glyphs on the relic towers - upper one are applied textures from those "tracks" between the obelisks.
Triangle glyphs are in fact 1 triangle "glyph" flipped horizontally and vertically with some "damage" on it (erased 2 small ones) - identified via one small "damaged" triangle at side visible on all variations.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have one picture per site type with all relic tower positions. IIRC they are positioned on major points of 3 intersected triangles, with a minor offset induced from inserting artists objects over proc-gen layout markers. Kinda like this:

BTW: glyphs on the relic towers - upper one are applied textures from those "tracks" between the obelisks.
Triangle glyphs are in fact 1 triangle "glyph" flipped horizontally and vertically with some "damage" on it (erased 2 small ones) - identified via one small "damaged" triangle at side visible on all variations.

Thanks for pointing that out, I haven't delved into the arrangement of the ruins, so it's nice to know. It'll be worth going back to the ruins to see how things have settled after the release of 3.0

Hi all!

I decided to make the Ram Tha mission one more time, before it might be taken from us. Something really weird happened. I can't tell if it is a game glitch or not. Therefore i seek your help.
I approached the ruins in HIP 39768 and decided to scan the moons i had not scanned before around A 14. On approaching the first ones i noticed moving lights in the background. Like if you are approaching a BH. But i was not near the one here.
Pics below, notice distance and time. They moved fast. I was not totally still, since i tried to match them to my movement. But they can be clearly identified.

O2fkGSO.jpg

AAJLw2U.jpg

vO4YDeZ.jpg

I did not have more time to investigate and went for the ruins after that. Approaching the other unscanned moons here did not show anything like it. Might be a glitch, but who knows.

o7

That is really strange. They look from the screenshots a little bit like distant ships in supercruise, they seem to have that yellow-ish glow, and there's obviously nothing on your scanner.

I love mysteries like this, even if it's a bug - spooky!

In a recent Galnet article, Ram Tah was quoted as saying: “My heartfelt thanks go to all those who supported this initiative. I’ve already started work and I should have something to share with you soon.”

Let's see what he's got in store for us. It might be more anti-Thargoid hardware, but I am hoping it's something related to the scientific mysteries related to the Guardians.

Let's see what he's got in store for us. It might be more anti-Thargoid hardware, but I am hoping it's something related to the scientific mysteries related to the Guardians.

I don't have lots of hope, after all there were some guardian tech based weapons showed recently in the beta? Really want to be wrong on this one :)

I have this strange feeling that something is going to happen with th Guardian sites, in 3.0.
That they will start waking up a bit.

I can’t see why FD would update the obelisk graphics, If the current CG is the end of all active Guardian content.

I feel like we learned way more than we thought about the Guardians...

The Feds are working on an autonomous battlefleet while skirting around AI concerns.

Utopia is digitising memories and working on doing the same to the human consciousness.

Those who never read their history are doomed to repeat it. If we are not the Guardians, we are quite similar. I think the current story will have them intervene as we push our tech forward...

Last edited:
Weekly report from Eorl Auwsy

As always found some new brain trees:

Eorl Auwsy SY-Z d13-4863 A 2 A -40.0681 98.4833
Eorl Auwsy SY-Z d13-1233 ABC 1 E -41.0091 -151.2176
Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 B 4 A -28.8317 41.7681

As trees are quite common so found some new ruins as well:

Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 C 3 20.2644 -117.1336 230 https://i.imgur.com/7TvxgYk.jpg
Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 B 3 -36.879 140.0764 279 https://i.imgur.com/fkPasui.png
Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 B 3 27.8203 143.7759 279 https://i.imgur.com/50K33b1.png

I would look for a volcanism, but the locations may change in 3.0 so I will wait for that to hit.

Baton out.

Weekly report from Eorl Auwsy

As always found some new brain trees:

Eorl Auwsy SY-Z d13-4863 A 2 A -40.0681 98.4833
Eorl Auwsy SY-Z d13-1233 ABC 1 E -41.0091 -151.2176
Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 B 4 A -28.8317 41.7681

As trees are quite common so found some new ruins as well:

Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 C 3 20.2644 -117.1336 230 https://i.imgur.com/7TvxgYk.jpg
Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 B 3 -36.879 140.0764 279 https://i.imgur.com/fkPasui.png
Eorl Auwsy YF-Y b56-16 B 3 27.8203 143.7759 279 https://i.imgur.com/50K33b1.png

I would look for a volcanism, but the locations may change in 3.0 so I will wait for that to hit.

Baton out.

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

I have to commend you, that was a tour-de-force!

It's interesting that a CMDR Vordoko passed through that system back in Feb 6, 2017. He either missed the ruins or they weren't there to begin with...

Looking at the placement of the new system relative to the other two, it almost makes a right-triangle...

s9kHrgX.png

Last edited:
Woo hoo! Congratulations!

I have to commend you, that was a tour-de-force!

Thx. Ruins are over 200k ls out, no reason to go there unless you are searching specifically for them. This is why it has taken me so long, I was not checking any systems so close (this is like 11ly from the known ones) and on EDSM already. I am obviously doing exactly that now (with a ship borrowed from cmdr Goliat), checking the close ones, but I will take it slow, have other things to do. Want to see 3.0 in this area, have plenty of candidates that no doubt will look gorgeous.

Last edited:
There is something wrong with this picture , I am not sure what (big picture following):

4DELXWM.jpg

That rock is a marking point of the area corner at the first discovered ruin, orb rolled there on its own to show me (no kidding).
But I do not dig some of those tracks.

Is it just a problem at my computer or does the sheet for the brain trees (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O0pr4ppVp9MCr9l3DgahvLRATWVJnBwJAnXk8pV2bHw/edit#gid=1210897867) not work any more? The latest entry on the "Reported Responses (Raw)" -tab I can see dates to the 11. February. I tried to add a new site using the report form, but it does not appear in the list. It tried clearing the cache of my browser, removing the cookies for that site and opening it in another browser, but nothing changed.

Top Bottom