Guardians Discussions

Yeah, this is where our views split off. If anything there is more evidence for Thargoids being hostile. To include events in books. Very insect like they are. Almost primal. Where as the Guardians had many similarities to humans in the sense of having religion, being environmentally friendly(sorta), respecting life (sorta). Redeemable qualities that probably would have rubbed off an AI growing sentience.

It's true, but also in FFE, which featured a huge amount of information on the Thargoids, in the version of the story where you achieved peace with them and shared info it becomes clear the Thargoids are peaceful and don't want to fight, but they will fight if threatened. Whether this has been retconned and we're now seeing a completely hostile version I don't know. However, personally I've never even once seen a Thargoid attacking first (unless you carry Tharg or Guardian Tech). And as we're now finding, it's ED lore than we developed a bio-weapon specifically to kill them and cause them extreme pain, despite that, the Thargoids don't appear to be particularly aggressive.

I'd often thought of the Guardians as being fairly peaceful except for the latter part of their history, but then if you think about it, they're pack hunters, and they bio-engineer animals specifically for hunting, so it might be that they're less warlike on a large scale - but that doesn't necessarily mean they're less aggressive, or hostile.

Hi folks, I've written up another hypothesis in my thread.

I'll put it into a spoiler here, since my thread isn't stickied and has a habbit of running off.

Guardian First Contact in the Formadine Rift?

Hawking's Gap

Delta Mission: The trip and deployment of "artefacts" by "handling bods", who aren't the ship's crew, went without any problems. Crew presumed to have gotten home safely…
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-delta-site/

Gamma Mission: Crew had no idea who paid them for the mission "credits are credits". Beacons were dropped off and setup by the crew, though one of the Beacons they deployed accidentally switched on and "started squawking some weird code before it got switched off. We were told we hadn’t heard anything." No other problems aside from inside job "accidents" on the ship to presumably shut people up from talking. Crew presumed to have gotten home safely…
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-gamma-site/

Beta Mission: Captain went missing for weeks. Unknown cargo was dropped off without any problems - again, some third-party security was aboard to prevent anyone seeing what the cargo was. Crew presumed to have gotten home safely…
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-beta-site/

Alpha Mission: Cargo "looks like satellites" - again, very well guarded from the crew. Mission goes according to plan without any odd problems cropping up. However, it seems communication of the Formadine Rift fleet's demise has swiftly turned into ghost stories for those in the Hawking's Gap fleet.
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-alpha-site/

The Conflux

Delta Mission: Crew was prepared with extra FSD parts for a long haul. They seemed to have run into problems by trying to jump while in the presence of a neutron star, and burned out their FSD beyond what their repairs could manage.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-delta-site/

Gamma Mission: Mission went without a hitch. Crew behaved, asked no questions, and dropped off the beacons they needed to.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-gamma-site/

Beta Mission: Mission went according to plan as the logs don't display any distress. There were odd sightings of lights in the Witch-space clouds, and then of lights following the ship, but the crew inevitably cannot explain what they saw. Note: could have been initially Thargoids following them if that is the case, since the earlier logs seem to mention interdiction in Witch-space.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-beta-site/

Alpha Mission: Crew made safe passage to their destination without any problems. No problems mentioned with any third-party security. Long range beacons were dropped off at earth-like worlds.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-alpha-site/

Formadine Rift Hypothesis

Both the Conflux and Hawking's Gap had a much easier time than that of the ships that headed toward the Formadine Rift. In fact, no vessels that travelled to the Formadine Rift survived; it seems, from the logs acquired.

The Hawking's Gap fleet and that of the Conflux could have been sent after the Formadine Rift expedition ended in complete disaster in the loss of all ships - or; if communication via long-range wasn't a problem, then someone leaked information that quickly swirled into rumours, in which those rumours quickly spread to the other two fleets heading in different directions.

Either way, one thing is for certain: the Formadine Rift was a complete disaster, and as such a lot of it is permit locked by the Pilots Federation.

When large areas of the Conflux and Hawking's Gap aren't treated this way with permit restricted regions, it can only mean one thing: something is out in the Formadine Rift, and I don't think it is the Thargoids.

And now I bring you these chilling tidbits...

Frequent FSD Malfunctions, Strange Signals, Space Madness, Sirens, Voices...

Out of three of the fleets in the Formadine Rift, two of them experienced consistent problems with their FSDs – one was completely destroyed and was little more than a debris field, and the other abandoned – both right next to Earth-like worlds.

This immediately raises suspicion. The human ships could have inadvertently alerted someone to their presence by setting up the probes and turning them on – especially next to these Earth-like worlds.

I hypothesize that those Earth-like worlds could be harboring Guardians.

What supports this, you wonder?

In the Alpha Mission (https://canonn.science/codex/formidine-rift-alpha-site/), one of the crew describes a “Siren song”, with the urge to join them. Whilst this could be space madness, Ram Tah does highlight that the music of the Guardians are more like songs because they lacked musical instruments:

Biology 15) “A human observer might find the Guardians' visual art severe and lacking in emotion, but the same could not be said of their music. They didn't use musical instruments, so strictly speaking it's singing, although I think they might have used their bodies for rhythm and percussion. I've extracted audio from the data you have collected and have listened to, for want of a better term, their “songs”. The range of their voices is something to be admired. And it's so rich with emotion – many pieces are so haunting, it breaks the heart to listen them.”

And in this entry, below:

Language 6) This data packet indicates that the guardians used two different forms of communication with the same - or at the very least similar - language constructs, its slow but fascinating work, using this data I believe I can establish a rudimentary understanding of the oldest two forms - verbal communication. Like us, they had a vocal language, and the range of sounds appears to be similar to that used in human vocalisation.”

The same crewman in the Alpha Mission did describe that he or she thought they had heard some “weird voices” whilst travelling through Witch-space. They couldn’t understand the weird voices that they thought they had heard, but they could tell it was intelligible to them to ascertain the voices as a language, even if they didn’t understand it – and this is important.

Thargoids do not share the vocalization of a human (if anything, we’d think their noises sound like Whales to the human ear), but Ram Tah’s logs does indeed support that the Guardians did have a similar vocal range to us – therefore, could it be entirely possible that the crew did hear Guardian communications through Witch-space?

The crewman described, a bit later, that it was a “siren song”, and that they “are calling to me”. This may not have been the intent on the Guardians part (if it is indeed the Guardians), and not Space Madness – it may be that they picked up on a faster than light signal from somewhere whilst on their journey through Witch-space.

A siren’s song is described in ancient folklore as beautiful to some, yet haunting to others, and is used as a weapon by these mythical creatures to attract sailors to their ultimate doom crashing against the rocks. Ram Tah himself described the Guardians’ songs as rich with emotion, with many pieces very haunting, and it broke his heart to listen to them – their songs, especially so many of them, triggered his emotions very easily – personally, it would take a considerably beautiful, heart-felt song to get me to that point.

Now, what would the Guardian songs do to a crew who had been growing paranoid with every passing month because of rumours or weird Witch-space phenomena out in complete darkness with hardly any stars?
It would have the potential to make one of them, or all of them, snap.

This ship seemingly never made it, despite the FSD working better than the other two expeditions. It is likely they were near a hidden Guardian bubble, but weren’t close enough to an Earth-like unlike the other two missions, Beta and Delta.

During the Beta Mission (https://canonn.science/codex/formidine-rift-beta-site/), the crew described “a signal” that caught all of them off-guard and generated much concern. Over a month later after hearing this unknown signal, the tried to hyper-jump, but were immediately forced back into real-space. After almost a month trying to repair the FSD, they had to give up and decided to leave for a nearby Earth-like world…

Could it be possible that the ship itself was hacked by this signal? Yes, and it could explain the sudden FSD malfunction that destroyed their only means of leaving the same system with the Earth-like present. It is also entirely possible that the Earth-like they stumbled upon was also inhabited…

This is, potentially, growing evidence that whatever is in the Formadine Rift is blatantly trying to prevent the knowledge of their existence from getting out.

One way to do this would be to sabotage a space-faring vessel’s FSD via a signal source – and once the crew had gotten too close to one of the Guardians’’ Earth-like worlds, they would have prevented them from escaping.

Could the Beta Mission crew have made First Contact upon settling on this Earth-like, which, by the way, was conveniently scrubbed from the records right at the end of the logs. This, I don’t think, was interfered with by anything human; since it is more likely a human would have deleted all log entries, especially if they worked under the shadowy Dynasty Project.

The third and final entry that we have from the Formadine Rift is the Delta Mission (https://canonn.science/codex/formidine-rift-delta-site/).

For the most part, there was nothing unusual – no odd signals noted by the crew, nor any FSD power failures unlike the previous two.

However, unlike the other two, the Sidewinder and the “Support Ship” (Megaship? Since Anacondas cannot launch Sidewinders), experienced repeated power outages.

During a routine operation (dropping off a beacon), the Support Ship was seemingly destroyed, and all that was left was a debris field. It took the Sidewinder pilot three weeks to get over the trauma before the next entry in the log was written…

Several things may have happened to the Support Ship; it could have suffered a catastrophic failure of some kind, or it could have been an inside job – or, even more disturbing, an extra-terrestrial attack.

We can only speculate at this point, though it is more likely to be an inside job, since the Zurara Megaship had personnel aboard that took drugs to turn them into psychopaths to ensure no survivors - and they ensured they destroyed the main reactor to complete their mission.

It could be possible that, due to the unique nature of the Delta Mission, that the power outages were part of a larger problem unforeseen by the crew. If the “Support Ship” has a similar secret agents working against them during their mission, just like the Megaship Zurara, then destroying the main reactor while the ship was experiencing power failures from an external source could have caused the ship to explode accidentally, thus leaving a debris field.

I say external source, because both the Sidewinder and Support Ship during the Delta Mission experienced the same power outages multiple times over the course of two months – even when the Sidewinder was on an away mission.

Just like the Beta Mission, the human vessels were in the vicinity of an Earth-like…

With all these co-incidences, I strongly suspect that the Guardians may have made First Contact with the human survivors of these missions into the Formadine Rift – if they do indeed still exist and are not some other extra-terrestrial.

It could make sense, however…

The star density in the Formadine Rift is extremely limited compared to other areas in the galaxy. Out of the three expeditions, the Formadine Rift is the most black and barren – it is secluded extremely well, and to reach any Earth-like worlds would take an extremely good jump drive to make those trips.

If the Guardians still do exist, then perhaps, like us, they needed a backup plan, too. If that is the case, then it is funny how both the Humans and Guardians would see the Formadine Rift as an excellent hiding ground on the edge of the galaxy in the event of the Thargoids over-running our home world space.

If this is the case, then perhaps the Thargoids jump capability is restricted to much shorter jumps than that of what truly mechanical technology can achieve… Could this be why, if the Guardians do now live in the Formadine Rift, that they chose that region of space, because the space between stars is just too great for the Thargoids to make with their bio-mechanical technology?

For now, I can only walk away with this conclusion…

The Guardians could later become known as “The Sirens” – aptly named for their haunting and highly emotional songs...

@Dreamstate - That's an interesting theory. I don't think the Guardians are in the rift. Honestly I just don't see the connection being that big. I do however believe another race is in the rift. Mainly through some of the things you pointed out. In fact recently I was looking into the insidious signal that took out the gen ship and outpost near the bubble.

We know from the Elite Dangerous books that there is at least one other race/entities that had had human interaction. This one in particular is interesting because it had no body and had been apparently with humans since before their space faring age. The book that one is talked about is Nemorensis.

Hi folks, I've written up another hypothesis in my thread.

I'll put it into a spoiler here, since my thread isn't stickied and has a habbit of running off.

Guardian First Contact in the Formadine Rift?

Hawking's Gap

Delta Mission: The trip and deployment of "artefacts" by "handling bods", who aren't the ship's crew, went without any problems. Crew presumed to have gotten home safely…
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-delta-site/

Gamma Mission: Crew had no idea who paid them for the mission "credits are credits". Beacons were dropped off and setup by the crew, though one of the Beacons they deployed accidentally switched on and "started squawking some weird code before it got switched off. We were told we hadn’t heard anything." No other problems aside from inside job "accidents" on the ship to presumably shut people up from talking. Crew presumed to have gotten home safely…
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-gamma-site/

Beta Mission: Captain went missing for weeks. Unknown cargo was dropped off without any problems - again, some third-party security was aboard to prevent anyone seeing what the cargo was. Crew presumed to have gotten home safely…
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-beta-site/

Alpha Mission: Cargo "looks like satellites" - again, very well guarded from the crew. Mission goes according to plan without any odd problems cropping up. However, it seems communication of the Formadine Rift fleet's demise has swiftly turned into ghost stories for those in the Hawking's Gap fleet.
https://canonn.science/codex/hawkins-gap-alpha-site/

The Conflux

Delta Mission: Crew was prepared with extra FSD parts for a long haul. They seemed to have run into problems by trying to jump while in the presence of a neutron star, and burned out their FSD beyond what their repairs could manage.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-delta-site/

Gamma Mission: Mission went without a hitch. Crew behaved, asked no questions, and dropped off the beacons they needed to.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-gamma-site/

Beta Mission: Mission went according to plan as the logs don't display any distress. There were odd sightings of lights in the Witch-space clouds, and then of lights following the ship, but the crew inevitably cannot explain what they saw. Note: could have been initially Thargoids following them if that is the case, since the earlier logs seem to mention interdiction in Witch-space.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-beta-site/

Alpha Mission: Crew made safe passage to their destination without any problems. No problems mentioned with any third-party security. Long range beacons were dropped off at earth-like worlds.
https://canonn.science/codex/conflux-alpha-site/

Formadine Rift Hypothesis

Both the Conflux and Hawking's Gap had a much easier time than that of the ships that headed toward the Formadine Rift. In fact, no vessels that travelled to the Formadine Rift survived; it seems, from the logs acquired.

The Hawking's Gap fleet and that of the Conflux could have been sent after the Formadine Rift expedition ended in complete disaster in the loss of all ships - or; if communication via long-range wasn't a problem, then someone leaked information that quickly swirled into rumours, in which those rumours quickly spread to the other two fleets heading in different directions.

Either way, one thing is for certain: the Formadine Rift was a complete disaster, and as such a lot of it is permit locked by the Pilots Federation.

When large areas of the Conflux and Hawking's Gap aren't treated this way with permit restricted regions, it can only mean one thing: something is out in the Formadine Rift, and I don't think it is the Thargoids.

And now I bring you these chilling tidbits...

Frequent FSD Malfunctions, Strange Signals, Space Madness, Sirens, Voices...

Out of three of the fleets in the Formadine Rift, two of them experienced consistent problems with their FSDs – one was completely destroyed and was little more than a debris field, and the other abandoned – both right next to Earth-like worlds.

This immediately raises suspicion. The human ships could have inadvertently alerted someone to their presence by setting up the probes and turning them on – especially next to these Earth-like worlds.

I hypothesize that those Earth-like worlds could be harboring Guardians.

What supports this, you wonder?

In the Alpha Mission (https://canonn.science/codex/formidine-rift-alpha-site/), one of the crew describes a “Siren song”, with the urge to join them. Whilst this could be space madness, Ram Tah does highlight that the music of the Guardians are more like songs because they lacked musical instruments:

Biology 15) “A human observer might find the Guardians' visual art severe and lacking in emotion, but the same could not be said of their music. They didn't use musical instruments, so strictly speaking it's singing, although I think they might have used their bodies for rhythm and percussion. I've extracted audio from the data you have collected and have listened to, for want of a better term, their “songs”. The range of their voices is something to be admired. And it's so rich with emotion – many pieces are so haunting, it breaks the heart to listen them.”

And in this entry, below:

Language 6) This data packet indicates that the guardians used two different forms of communication with the same - or at the very least similar - language constructs, its slow but fascinating work, using this data I believe I can establish a rudimentary understanding of the oldest two forms - verbal communication. Like us, they had a vocal language, and the range of sounds appears to be similar to that used in human vocalisation.”

The same crewman in the Alpha Mission did describe that he or she thought they had heard some “weird voices” whilst travelling through Witch-space. They couldn’t understand the weird voices that they thought they had heard, but they could tell it was intelligible to them to ascertain the voices as a language, even if they didn’t understand it – and this is important.

Thargoids do not share the vocalization of a human (if anything, we’d think their noises sound like Whales to the human ear), but Ram Tah’s logs does indeed support that the Guardians did have a similar vocal range to us – therefore, could it be entirely possible that the crew did hear Guardian communications through Witch-space?

The crewman described, a bit later, that it was a “siren song”, and that they “are calling to me”. This may not have been the intent on the Guardians part (if it is indeed the Guardians), and not Space Madness – it may be that they picked up on a faster than light signal from somewhere whilst on their journey through Witch-space.

A siren’s song is described in ancient folklore as beautiful to some, yet haunting to others, and is used as a weapon by these mythical creatures to attract sailors to their ultimate doom crashing against the rocks. Ram Tah himself described the Guardians’ songs as rich with emotion, with many pieces very haunting, and it broke his heart to listen to them – their songs, especially so many of them, triggered his emotions very easily – personally, it would take a considerably beautiful, heart-felt song to get me to that point.

Now, what would the Guardian songs do to a crew who had been growing paranoid with every passing month because of rumours or weird Witch-space phenomena out in complete darkness with hardly any stars?
It would have the potential to make one of them, or all of them, snap.

This ship seemingly never made it, despite the FSD working better than the other two expeditions. It is likely they were near a hidden Guardian bubble, but weren’t close enough to an Earth-like unlike the other two missions, Beta and Delta.

During the Beta Mission (https://canonn.science/codex/formidine-rift-beta-site/), the crew described “a signal” that caught all of them off-guard and generated much concern. Over a month later after hearing this unknown signal, the tried to hyper-jump, but were immediately forced back into real-space. After almost a month trying to repair the FSD, they had to give up and decided to leave for a nearby Earth-like world…

Could it be possible that the ship itself was hacked by this signal? Yes, and it could explain the sudden FSD malfunction that destroyed their only means of leaving the same system with the Earth-like present. It is also entirely possible that the Earth-like they stumbled upon was also inhabited…

This is, potentially, growing evidence that whatever is in the Formadine Rift is blatantly trying to prevent the knowledge of their existence from getting out.

One way to do this would be to sabotage a space-faring vessel’s FSD via a signal source – and once the crew had gotten too close to one of the Guardians’’ Earth-like worlds, they would have prevented them from escaping.

Could the Beta Mission crew have made First Contact upon settling on this Earth-like, which, by the way, was conveniently scrubbed from the records right at the end of the logs. This, I don’t think, was interfered with by anything human; since it is more likely a human would have deleted all log entries, especially if they worked under the shadowy Dynasty Project.

The third and final entry that we have from the Formadine Rift is the Delta Mission (https://canonn.science/codex/formidine-rift-delta-site/).

For the most part, there was nothing unusual – no odd signals noted by the crew, nor any FSD power failures unlike the previous two.

However, unlike the other two, the Sidewinder and the “Support Ship” (Megaship? Since Anacondas cannot launch Sidewinders), experienced repeated power outages.

During a routine operation (dropping off a beacon), the Support Ship was seemingly destroyed, and all that was left was a debris field. It took the Sidewinder pilot three weeks to get over the trauma before the next entry in the log was written…

Several things may have happened to the Support Ship; it could have suffered a catastrophic failure of some kind, or it could have been an inside job – or, even more disturbing, an extra-terrestrial attack.

We can only speculate at this point, though it is more likely to be an inside job, since the Zurara Megaship had personnel aboard that took drugs to turn them into psychopaths to ensure no survivors - and they ensured they destroyed the main reactor to complete their mission.

It could be possible that, due to the unique nature of the Delta Mission, that the power outages were part of a larger problem unforeseen by the crew. If the “Support Ship” has a similar secret agents working against them during their mission, just like the Megaship Zurara, then destroying the main reactor while the ship was experiencing power failures from an external source could have caused the ship to explode accidentally, thus leaving a debris field.

I say external source, because both the Sidewinder and Support Ship during the Delta Mission experienced the same power outages multiple times over the course of two months – even when the Sidewinder was on an away mission.

Just like the Beta Mission, the human vessels were in the vicinity of an Earth-like…

With all these co-incidences, I strongly suspect that the Guardians may have made First Contact with the human survivors of these missions into the Formadine Rift – if they do indeed still exist and are not some other extra-terrestrial.

It could make sense, however…

The star density in the Formadine Rift is extremely limited compared to other areas in the galaxy. Out of the three expeditions, the Formadine Rift is the most black and barren – it is secluded extremely well, and to reach any Earth-like worlds would take an extremely good jump drive to make those trips.

If the Guardians still do exist, then perhaps, like us, they needed a backup plan, too. If that is the case, then it is funny how both the Humans and Guardians would see the Formadine Rift as an excellent hiding ground on the edge of the galaxy in the event of the Thargoids over-running our home world space.

If this is the case, then perhaps the Thargoids jump capability is restricted to much shorter jumps than that of what truly mechanical technology can achieve… Could this be why, if the Guardians do now live in the Formadine Rift, that they chose that region of space, because the space between stars is just too great for the Thargoids to make with their bio-mechanical technology?

For now, I can only walk away with this conclusion…

The Guardians could later become known as “The Sirens” – aptly named for their haunting and highly emotional songs...

I think this is a theory to keep in the back of your pocket, but it is quite speculative.

Can someone give me a timeline helping hand?

In human time, when did the main Guardians go extinct, and the AI / inplanted Guardians split from the 'main' group?

Between a million and two million years ago the Guardian's supposedly went extinct - we aren't sure on specifics because the 1 to 2mly time frame was what Braben himself said during the release of 2.2 or 2.3.

The earliest ancestors of us when the Guardian's were potentially around are Homo Erectus (from which Neanderthals, Denisovians, and Homo Sapiens evolved, each over various times and branches - and because of that, I did create a theory on the Guardian's and humans in a hypothesis involving ancient astronught theory in my main thread).

Because the time frame is so massive and we have little to go on, we can't be sure of exact dates about the exiles etc., aside from it all happening over 1mly ago. Something I hope will be expanded on in the future.

I found a new Guardian bubble in EORL AUWSY AA-A H72, 21k LY from Sol.

Congrats :)
I will add another one I found this morning:
Prai Hypoo AA-A H60 nebula - 12000ly from Sol

Prai Hypoo GF-E c10 B 4 -27.281 31.641
Prai Hypoo GF-E c10 B 4 -31.1279 -124.0304
Prai Hypoo GF-E c10 B 4 -23.7853 -110.4353

Prai Hypoo QC-C d31 2 A -39.7614 147.8094
Prai Hypoo QC-C d31 2 A -42.2723 -149.5279

Some photos from the area:

CL48kMt.png

uWdeaxO.jpg

pCD30TO.jpg

yTdukm4.jpg

Partial credit goes to cmdr Varonica who found some brain trees in the area day or two ago, and I decided to check for Ancient Ruins as they are related in my opinion.

Last edited:
Wow great work! These things are popping up everywhere aren't they? There goes my firewall theory, but that's cool, more mystery to uncover :D

Congrats :)
I will add another one I found this morning:
Prai Hypoo AA-A H60 nebula - 12000ly from Sol

Prai Hypoo GF-E c10 B 4 -27.281 31.641
Prai Hypoo GF-E c10 B 4 -31.1279 -124.0304
Prai Hypoo GF-E c10 B 4 -23.7853 -110.4353

Partial credit goes to cmdr Varonica who found some brain trees in the area day or two ago, and I decided to check for Ancient Ruins as they are related in my opinion.

Excellent work! I was gonna ask if there was a nearby nebula, then looked at your post again. I guess nebulae is the place to go for Guardian Ruins.

Last edited:
I guess nebulae is the place to go for Guardian Ruins.

We knew that for a while. What is new that this time we found the brain trees first than the ruins based on that. I did hope finding trees will provide an easier method to find Ancient Ruins as typically there is much more trees and they are easier to find as they always exist is ejecta craters on bodies matching specific criterias.
It is not like Ancient Ruins exist in each nebula, I did check maybe 10 of them in last couple of weeks with no luck.

We knew that for a while. What is new that this time we found the brain trees first than the ruins based on that. I did hope finding trees will provide an easier method to find Ancient Ruins as typically there is much more trees and they are easier to find as they always exist is ejecta craters on bodies matching specific criterias.
It is not like Ancient Ruins exist in each nebula, I did check maybe 10 of them in last couple of weeks with no luck.

Just when we thought we could concentrate on the Thargoids we find more sites! Looks like all the theories about how many bubbles of Guardians are around are out of the window [up]

Edit: Braintrees found in EORL ruin system EORL AUWSY SY-Z D13-3468 ABC 1 A -43.64 / -128.98 - first crater checked in system :)
4a40pVm.png

Last edited:
Just when we thought we could concentrate on the Thargoids we find more sites! Looks like all the theories about how many bubbles of Guardians are around are out of the window [up]

Edit: Braintrees found in EORL ruin system EORL AUWSY SY-Z D13-3468 ABC 1 A -43.64 / -128.98 - first crater checked in system :)

This is what I am saying, to find ruins we need to check the ejecta craters, much easier and quicker, the nebulae I am in - I did check almost 400 systems now and there is only one with Ancient Ruins, but any suitable candidate I checked has brain trees.

Tools like Spansh help with initial search, this is already set up to find any known candidate for brain trees within 100 ly, just put current xyz coordinates and hit search:
https://www.spansh.co.uk/bodies/search/60C8A1EC-B62B-11E7-B327-9472C33B8412

Last edited:
I found a new Guardian bubble in EORL AUWSY AA-A H72, 21k LY from Sol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...w_guardian_area_in_eorl_auwsy_aaa_h72_nebula/

3 ruins on 2 planets so far

EORL AUWSY SY-Z D13-3468 ABC 1 H
-20.5504 -33.1485 type Alpha
https://imgur.com/LrxyQbi

EORL AUWSY SY-Z D13-3861 3 C
-2.4792 101.1338 type Gamma
https://imgur.com/a/dddhX
28.1137 89.0494 type Beta
https://imgur.com/a/avBAc

... and if you'd checked the other planets in those systems you would have found another 3 :)

I've reported the one on Eorl Auwsy SY-Z d13-3861 4 C, but need to go back to the other and log the ones there. Nice work though, great to have more Guardian Areas :D

Do ruins not show up in Nav within 1000ls? I'm sure the ones in Skaudai did for me.

Better way is 'point and look'. If you just point your ship at planets the 'Ancient Ruins' text will pop up at any distance (as long as you have not targeted the planet). (Baton's ninjery video is a better explanation)

This is what I am saying, to find ruins we need to check the ejecta craters, much easier and quicker, the nebulae I am in - I did check almost 400 systems now and there is only one with Ancient Ruins, but any suitable candidate I checked has brain trees.

I did try to find ruins in Wregoe, as BT have been found there, but gave up. I guess we can use lack of BT to rule areas out, but finding BT doesn't make it easy to find the ruins.

Last edited:
I did try to find ruins in Wregoe, as BT have been found there, but gave up. I guess we can use lack of BT to rule areas out, but finding BT doesn't make it easy to find the ruins.

Yep, the Prai Hypoo ones, I found them in 4th system I checked, I am closing 400 now and nothing, so it takes huge luck to find them quickly, BT's can be more than 50ly away, this means 100's of systems or probably 1000's in dense areas...

That's an interesting observation, I'll keep that in mind. It makes me wonder if there's a special property of the nebula that guardian ruins prefer, like color or ratio of hydrogen to metals.

I gave the Wregoe area a good search myself, but found nothing. There's a crapload of non-main sequence stars in the area. There's still a chance something is hiding in there somewhere.

Top Bottom