Guerilla Warfare

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date

Deleted member 182079

D
Let's just say I'm a single CMDR who would like to cause a little bit of mayhem in systems that are held by a rather large player faction. One particular system I have my eye on is low sec, low population, but they have over 60% INF, while the next faction is several dozen % below that.

I'm not after taking control, just trying to stir up some biowaste a little;)

What are the most effective ways to go about this? I don't want this to become a full time job, just curious to see what the reaction will be over the course of a couple of weeks perhaps.

Or will I just end up banging my head against a brick wall without anything changing much at all?

Deleted member 182079

D
I was more thinking about non-mission running activities - selling certain goods at local markets, killing system security, or faction aligned vessels.

Basically the kind of stuff I didn't do when I flipped a system into an Anarchy, which was almost completely unopposed but it was still quite a slog despite it having been a low pop system.

If the above activities are no good and mission running is the only decent way forward, I might as well abandon my plans as there will eventually be some pushback I reckon.

PS - no black market

also depends a bit on the asset ownerships in system. but especially if only 1 faction owns assets, you can simply take full effect of the fact, that it is easier to raise a low influence faction than that of a faction with more influence.
just run missions for all other factions, redeem their bounties etc.

I was more thinking about non-mission running activities - selling certain goods at local markets, killing system security, or faction aligned vessels.

Basically the kind of stuff I didn't do when I flipped a system into an Anarchy, which was almost completely unopposed but it was still quite a slog despite it having been a low pop system.

If the above activities are no good and mission running is the only decent way forward, I might as well abandon my plans as there will eventually be some pushback I reckon.

PS - no black market
  • you can sell goods for a loss - see domms thread on hydrogen bombing.
  • shipkills, fines, crimes have been massively nerfed over time. they do work, but raising a factions influence is more easy than lowering it.
  • another option is scenarios at installations/megaships.

but yeah - missions is where it is powerfull, bounty redeems, and some black market trade ...

Deleted member 182079

D
  • you can sell goods for a loss - see domms thread on hydrogen bombing.
  • shipkills, fines, crimes have been massively nerfed over time. they do work, but raising a factions influence is more easy than lowering it.
  • another option is scenarios at installations/megaships.

but yeah - missions is where it is powerfull, bounty redeems, and some black market trade ...
That's a pity - I never really went on an NPC killing spree before as I didn't see the point (besides notoriety perhaps, but I'm not that vain). I'll bear the above in mind and that is what I was looking for, cheers - will park this endeavour for now as I just had another idea what I want to do instead. And also find a better suited target system that gives me a few more options. The current one only has one outpost, with barely anything of note besides that; true backwater kinda place so not worth putting a lot of effort into.

That's a pity - I never really went on an NPC killing spree before as I didn't see the point (besides notoriety perhaps, but I'm not that vain). I'll bear the above in mind and that is what I was looking for, cheers - will park this endeavour for now as I just had another idea what I want to do instead. And also find a better suited target system that gives me a few more options. The current one only has one outpost, with barely anything of note besides that; true backwater kinda place so not worth putting a lot of effort into.

Is there more than one station or port? Low traffic or high?

Killing has been nerfed a lot, but it still works and is useful when done in conjunction with doing positive work for other factions.

Deleted member 182079

D
Is there more than one station or port? Low traffic or high?

Killing has been nerfed a lot, but it still works and is useful when done in conjunction with doing positive work for other factions.
Nope, it's just the outpost. And it's about 2k Ls away so not very convenient either. Traffic is average, think it was around the 40 mark when I checked earlier. The more I look at it now, the worse of a candidate it's becoming.

Nope, it's just the outpost. And it's about 2k Ls away so not very convenient either. Traffic is average, think it was around the 40 mark when I checked earlier. The more I look at it now, the worse of a candidate it's becoming.

High traffic is a no-no, because just as you can yoyo them they can do it right back.

The further out the station is, the more of a pain you'll be to them to sort out your mess, but eventually you'll get a situation where you have to go to the outpost to farm security (as faction NPCs vanish as time goes on). POI mischief is useful here though.

Top Bottom