Guide / Tutorial [Guide] So You Shot A Cop, Now What? (A Guide To A Safe Exit)

Great post, I wish I would have seen this a few days ago. I made this mistake recently, one of the security ships flew in front of me right as my rail gun fired and they all turned on me and my status went to wanted. Some how I managed to get away and jump to super cruise before dying. They didn't follow me but my status was showing as wanted. I set course for the closest docking station so I could bay off the warrant on my head and turn in my bounties. I received docking permission and I was entering the station when I got scanned. They immediately pulled my docking privileges and started shooting me. I tried to run but they destroyed me in a couple seconds. I'm sure this is a noob question but how can I pay off the bounty without being blown up?

Unlucky!
Railguns and such can be lethal.. obviously... But more lethal to you, if you miss.

To pay off an Assault Bounty you first need to let it expire. Active Bounties can not be paid off.
Check your transaction tab on the left panel, it'll tell you how long it will last. Most Assault Bounties last 7 or 8 minutes (I forget! Murder bounties last a week).
When it changes to "On H-Jump", simply jump to another system, and/or back in to your original system, and it will become a fine, and you will no longer be wanted.

Then simply dock and pay it off.

:)

Unlucky!
Railguns and such can be lethal.. obviously... But more lethal to you, if you miss.

To pay off an Assault Bounty you first need to let it expire. Active Bounties can not be paid off.
Check your transaction tab on the left panel, it'll tell you how long it will last. Most Assault Bounties last 7 or 8 minutes (I forget! Murder bounties last a week).
When it changes to "On H-Jump", simply jump to another system, and/or back in to your original system, and it will become a fine, and you will no longer be wanted.

Then simply dock and pay it off.

:)

Thanks for the info

If you have a few credits in the bank and can afford it. You can dock at a friendly station with a Shipyard, buy a cheap Sidewinder, return to the system where you're wanted. Dock using smuggling techniques (ie: avoid being scanned usually by late requesting docking permission and hitting the slot at high speed.).
Once safely docked you can then proceed to exit again and get destroyed. Ask a mate to scan and kill you so they can get your bounty. When you rebuy your ship the fine will be included and you will respawn in the spaceport, your wanted status will be gone.

This is only really worth it if you have a long bounty and need to return to complete a mission or CG.
Also you will lose any bounty vouchers you didn't claim yet, along with any exploration data.

Top Bottom