GUYS what?

I was in Chambo trying to get some materials on a planet, I shot at a drop ship- got a 400cr bounty--the dropship dudes murdered me-- I ended up in a jail AFTER paying the fine---now my ship is on the planet, I can't get to to my ship or my fleet carrier or anything? I'm stuck on foot, why is this happening? This is such a terrible mechanic, what were you thinking?

I was in Chambo trying to get some materials on a planet, I shot at a drop ship- got a 400cr bounty--the dropship dudes murdered me-- I ended up in a jail AFTER paying the fine---now my ship is on the planet, I can't get to to my ship or my fleet carrier or anything? I'm stuck on foot, why is this happening? This is such a terrible mechanic, what were you thinking?

Isn't the procedure to take a taxi to a station, then call your ship?

If you can't do the time, don't commit the not-crime.

But be careful with the Taxis....I heard they are still bugged and you might end in an infinite taxi loop, stuck until "further fixes".

So just don't be mean to dropships in the future, ok? :)

Welcome to Odyssey.

The cops won't give you a free tow. Your ship is orbiting the planet where you lost it. Take a cab there and recall your ship, all the while wondering whether you need to rethink your life.
Yeah no kidding--so i land on the planet i lost my ship and recall it? this is so stupid, I have 6 billion credits I dont have a lawyer that can get me out of a 400cr crime? this game is broken

Dropships are merely 'taxis'. In theory, if you did a KWS on them, it would detect the Wanted folks on it and THEN you could shoot the taxi, but not before. Something about Wanted folks being on a ship being detected and allowing for them to then make the taxi wanted as well. Sort of like having an illegal passenger on your ship.

Yeah no kidding--so i land on the planet i lost my ship and recall it? this is so stupid, I have 6 billion credits I dont have a lawyer that can get me out of a 400cr crime? this game is broken

Calm down and see the difference between not understanding something yet, and that thing being broken.

Thanks, that was it, they still need to fix the crime and punishment

Maybe, but not in this case. I think they've done a pretty good job of handling cases in which you die, or your ship or SRV is destroyed, while you're on foot. Getting a destroyed ship back isn't obvious, but it makes sense in context, anyhow.

haha its broken and a terrible game mechanic-dont kid yourself-why am i sent to prison for a paid 400cr bounty?
Dude, you didn't even know how to recall your ship. There are going to be many things you don't understand for awhile.

We're all pretty edgy this week, but that's no reason to blame everything on "things being broken".

Maybe, but not in this case. I think they've done a pretty good job of handling cases in which you die, or your ship or SRV is destroyed, while you're on foot. Getting a destroyed ship back isn't obvious, but it makes sense in context, anyhow.
There is no real logic to it-so you are critically injured and someone comes along and rescues you in seconds, but then I need to take a 5-10 minute shuttle ride to get back to the planet I left my ship. land at a base, then recall my ship which takes time as well. Someone instantly knows I accidentally shot a ship and charges me with a crime.. its not fully figured out yet.

Dude, you didn't even know how to recall your ship. There are going to be many things you don't understand for awhile.

We're all pretty edgy this week, but that's no reason to blame everything on "things being broken".
Things don't get fixed by saying they aren't broken--

There is no real logic to it-so you are critically injured and someone comes along and rescues you in seconds, but then I need to take a 5-10 minute shuttle ride to get back to the planet I left my ship. land at a base, then recall my ship which takes time as well. Someone instantly knows I accidentally shot a ship and charges me with a crime.. its not fully figured out yet.

Yes, it is. Your ship, and every other ship, has a system that reports crimes. You can turn that off in your own ship, but that has no effect on the ship you're shooting.

You got hauled off to jail. Getting home is on you.

Things don't get fixed by saying they aren't broken--

They also don't get broken by you saying they are. Seriously, this is the crazy awful thing you've seen this week? Because you ain't seen nothing yet.

There are an amazing number of things that are broken right now. But this is just something you didn't like and didn't understand. It sounds like it was working fine. Which is kind of refreshing, actually.

If they make the drop ship full of wanted pirates wanted itself, I half expect they'd make it hostile towards on-foot players and give it dumbfire racks too.

It was my first time doing this, I was shooting at the guys in the ship who had bounties and were there to murder me..assuming the pilot would be an accessory--just be happy you've never made a mistake.
oooh i made mistakes alright, i do that all the time in fact... but if i do i only blame myself for it :)
but did u try scan the criminals before u started shooting? (as u must do with criminal ships)

Top Bottom