Dinosaurs Hadrosaur Improvements

Your Feature Request / Idea
I know that I'm the only one who cares about the fact that some of the hadrosaurs shouldn't be completely bipedal and that hadrosaurs and other defenseless small herbivores should be able to defend themselves or not die in a single hit, but still, it's just a bit too cheesy to have Parasaurolophus and his fellow lambeosaurines to be restricted to just one type of very uncomfortable looking movement and large hadrosaurs like Edmontosaurus to be killed in one shot by a tiny little Dilophosaurus or Velociraptor, which they would be able to defend themselves from and maybe even trample them, killing them in one shot instead of them killing it in one shot, unless they're in a pack or something. Anyways, the point is, hadrosaurs need lots of work done to them, even if it's only my opinion.

I feel like Edmontosaurus should definitely be quadrupedal while being able to rear at rest, and certainly not easy prey to anything small. That shocked me when I first started the game.
I would very much like to see them able to defend themselves or at least shake a predator off.
+1 on everything

You're not the only one, believe me... I started a thread a long while back asking for the lambeosaurines to be made quadrupeds....

Great topic, couldn't agree more:D It's always so frustrating to see my beloved Parasaurolophus with that weird body shape. And then to see it being taken down by one puny raptor or some other small carnivore. I mean JPOG had quadrupedal hadrosaurs so why make them look worse 15 years later? Btw this is from the official JW web site :http://www.jurassicworld.com/intel/dinosaur/parasaurolophus and it looks much better (body shape and skin patter) so let's get this one into the game. :D

Great topic, couldn't agree more:D It's always so frustrating to see my beloved Parasaurolophus with that weird body shape. And then to see it being taken down by one puny raptor or some other small carnivore. I mean JPOG had quadrupedal hadrosaurs so why make them look worse 15 years later? Btw this is from the official JW web site :http://www.jurassicworld.com/intel/dinosaur/parasaurolophus and it looks much better (body shape and skin patter) so let's get this one into the game. :D

Are you serious? The Para in JPOG looked terrible. The model in JWE is much better and very accurate to the JP Para. Only how it holds it's hands is weird. Since the game is trying to be accurate to the films the Para should really be quadrupedal when it's walking slowly and only when running should it be moving bipedally. The posture change should fix any weirdness.

Though a skin pattern like the Para on the JW website wouldn't hurt to have as an option.

I agree, it would be better if the hadrosaurs were mostly quadrupedal, and only became bipedal while running. As for them being able to defend themselves, that's something that would require a bit more work since they would need to make new animations, so we might not get that anytime soon, but it's definitely something I'd also like to see.

Are you serious? The Para in JPOG looked terrible. The model in JWE is much better and very accurate to the JP Para. Only how it holds it's hands is weird. Since the game is trying to be accurate to the films the Para should really be quadrupedal when it's walking slowly and only when running should it be moving bipedally. The posture change should fix any weirdness.

Though a skin pattern like the Para on the JW website wouldn't hurt to have as an option.

It's been a while since the last time I played JPOG so I kinda forgot how the Parasaurolophus looked in that game (you are right, the poor thing is ugly). What I was trying to say was that if the hadrosaurs could be quadrupedal in JPOG then why not in JWE? And yeah, I agree with hadrosaurs being quadrupedal when roaming around the exhibit and then bipedal when running. Btw I think a Suricata-like behaviour could be pretty cool - Imagine you have a big herd of hadrosaurs grazing and then once in a while, one of them would stand on its hind limbs to look for predators. When it's all clear it would return to grazing and if a predator is spotted then it would make a warning call.

It's been a while since the last time I played JPOG so I kinda forgot how the Parasaurolophus looked in that game (you are right, the poor thing is ugly). What I was trying to say was that if the hadrosaurs could be quadrupedal in JPOG then why not in JWE? And yeah, I agree with hadrosaurs being quadrupedal when roaming around the exhibit and then bipedal when running. Btw I think a Suricata-like behaviour could be pretty cool - Imagine you have a big herd of hadrosaurs grazing and then once in a while, one of them would stand on its hind limbs to look for predators. When it's all clear it would return to grazing and if a predator is spotted then it would make a warning call.

Ooh a warning call, that's a nice idea.

Top Bottom