Halloween/Fall DLC

Planet Coaster has a Halloween DLC, and I think I'd be nice to have one for zoo as well! At least a Fall DLC that has decor like pumpkins, haystacks, cornhusks, trees with turning leaves. Things to really make a autumn-like feel the the zoo. Then skeletons of zoo animals, spiderwebs, more ambient effects (Lightning), things to really add a scary vibe to our zoos. I don't know what kind of animals would pair well with this DLC, but some suggestions I have are: The Black Rhino, Black Footed Spider Monkey, Sun Bear etc. I'm trying to create a Halloween Town in my sandbox, and these are the items that would help greatly!

I'd be happy with some seasonal decor, even if it didn't include animals. I'd hope something like that would be free of course, but if it were really really cheap, like $1-2 I'd still probably get it.

If this would be the 3-4 month DLC - wouldn't be that excited about it. I'm not sure adding new animals and halloween would work that great.

As an extra inbetween DLC with just building pieces, sure - why not? I think this would be the perfect pack for only exhibit animals (next to the building pieces ofc)

November 5th will be the one year anniversary of the release of Planet Zoo. I am sort of hoping that Frontier has something for us to celebrate one year of playing the game. And something a little more significant than a typical DLC. We will just have to wait and see.

If ever there would be a time to have a free animal (or two maybe even), I would imagine an anniversary would be it. I'm actually kind of hopeful in that regard without trying to get my actual expectations up about it.

Halloween decorations would be a nice free update, but as a DLC? Hard pass. Of course in my case it's because Halloween is such an American holiday.
I kind’ve agree - actually I’m not really interested in any holiday-themed decorations... whatever area of the world they’re from.

I kind’ve agree - actually I’m not really interested in any holiday-themed decorations... whatever area of the world they’re from.

Personally I'm more a fan of easter eggs - to celebrate a holiday.

If the next DLC should be NA - I wouldn't mind some building pieces/animals dedicated to that time of year.
Thanksgiving/halloween. I don't mind seeing a turkey in PZ :D

Well, that's true, I'd agree with that as well. Halloween is just particularly irksome for me. 😅

I wasn't a fan of the Christmas decorations in the Arctic Pack either. In my opinion, it was time better spent on something more interesting and less niche.

Personally I'm more a fan of easter eggs - to celebrate a holiday.

If the next DLC should be NA - I wouldn't mind some building pieces/animals dedicated to that time of year.
Thanksgiving/halloween. I don't mind seeing a turkey in PZ :D

If there were eggs, you could make incubators and nests in habitats to give a realistic effect to the zoo or make a breeding/rehabilitation education section showing off the eggs, they could be utilised outside of easter. I have used some of the christmas deco outside of season with good results, I think there is a few things in halloween that could be reusable for building/design outside of halloween

• pumpkins and pumpkin patches
  • hay
  • brooms, scythes, rakes
  • piles of leaves (this could even be a toy for wolves and dingoes to play in)
  • scarecrow
  • rickety fences
  • weathered wooden walls
  • weathered doors
  • broken windows
  • smog effect
  • lightning effect
  • dead trees/logs

piles of leaves (this could even be a toy for wolves and dingoes to play in)
I think Reindeer and Warthogs would love it too😉 (at least if Food is hidden under the Leaves)

dead trees/logs
Yes, we can never have enough of them. Especially when they are climbable.

• pumpkins and pumpkin patches
  • hay
  • brooms, scythes, rakes
All of this sounds great. Someone posted Pumpkins to the Workshop but of course real Pumpkins would be way better

Halloween decorations would be a nice free update, but as a DLC? Hard pass. Of course in my case it's because Halloween is such an American holiday.

That's an extremely fair point! It would not be fun to pay for a DLC that's focusing on a specific holiday/season because that's extremely limiting for people who don't celebrate/don't care. This idea would be more fitting for like an event/update instead of a DLC like you mentioned.

If there were eggs, you could make incubators and nests in habitats to give a realistic effect to the zoo or make a breeding/rehabilitation education section showing off the eggs, they could be utilised outside of easter. I have used some of the christmas deco outside of season with good results, I think there is a few things in halloween that could be reusable for building/design outside of halloween
]

I love the idea of incubators, that would be a fun mechanic to play around with!
I've been using a lot of the arctic pack to build my halloween zoo, I think a lot of the stuff you listed would be very fitting but also more versatile. I love the idea of a scarecrow, that would be very cute especially if it was based off an animal like a bear.

Top Bottom