HardwareReporter

Just a question, what's its use?
It's just starting dxdiag report to spy on machine components & installed apps, it has nothing to do with you on EACH game start.
I've set dxdiag to request admin on start and then just deny access.

There's even no issue if I remove it, it's just useless for the game & game experience

Please remove or change behavior.

You'll be asked to confirm whether you want to upload it when you have a crash, with the crash reporting tool which is activated when the crash happens.
You have to chose to accept sending the info at that stage.

Thx for this info, but may be only half true as CurrPorts (networking check tool) tells me that the app is connecting to remote location at start.
What data does it take/send ? no idea ...

its used to upload your system specs including drivers etc to FDev to help them diagnose\fix crashes

you can check what will be uploaded from the launcher > options > display hardware survey

you can also check %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\specs.xml once the reports been generated once

Last edited:
Thx for this info, but may be only half true as CurrPorts (networking check tool) tells me that the app is connecting to remote location at start.
What data does it take/send ? no idea ...
The launcher communicates to get server status, news and more. It has to upload enough data for you to log on.
It shall not upload other data without your consent. FDev has to obey to GDPR so it wont do so.
DXdiag may also communicate, to download signature information for drivers and similar. It should not upload anything anywhere.
As for Steam - I'm out ...

The launcher communicates to get server status, news and more.
I'm not talking about luncher, as I know it has to connect to Frontier servers, I'm talking about HardwareReporter.exe

As for Steam - I'm out ...
well I do use these parameters to start steam so it doesn't lunch 16 "steamwebhelper.exe" that uses WAAAY TOO MUCH RAM for absolutely no reason
and skip useless updates that does nothing but ... using internet I guess ... but it also block any continuous communication with the web as it's severely restrained.
Code:
Steam.exe -silent -console -noverifyfiles -nobootstrapupdate -skipinitialbootstrap -norepairfiles -overridepackageurl -no-browser

I'm not talking about luncher, as I know it has to connect to Frontier servers, I'm talking about HardwareReporter.exe
Ah, of course. I noticed it started once now after the update for me. I've not seen it act on its own previously.
I have not monitored it as it did, but I rather rely on FDev is a UK company that still needs to obey the GDPR.

Top Bottom