COMPLETED CG Harvest Thargoid Materials for Anti-Titan Project

If you have some friends, you can get out with a panzer brigade and have some fun taking down the banshees then clean up the goodies as a reward.

Hmmm, do I even bother with this one? I don't have C6 anti-corrosion racks and I don't have a carrier.
Well, I unlocked corrosion resistant racks explicitly for this CG. And you don't need all that many coral saps (which are relatively easy to harvest) to get to good positions. (If you go to an abandoned thargoid site you won't be bothered by thargoid ships either.)

😬
1706911325490.png

... it's speeding up ....

Surely the stockpiles can’t last at this absurd rate for much longer or to actually complete the CG. Seems a little excessive, but who am I to judge. I keep items that have no obvious use or purpose around for longer than I should, too.

Surely the stockpiles can’t last at this absurd rate for much longer or to actually complete the CG. Seems a little excessive, but who am I to judge. I keep items that have no obvious use or purpose around for longer than I should, too.
I keep thinking the same, then I see this:

1706914998283.png

Just about in the top 25%, don't think I'll be there if it carries on accelerating. Ah well, at least we'll get the PJs nice and early :)

Some people had a lot of sap in stock, that's for sure but it's also very easy to harvest in vast quantities and inactive spires still have trees with sap on them.
All you need is a flak and limpets, quick & easy!

To be honest, I think Frontier overlooked inactive spires as place to grind the CG commodities.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Some of the Dormant sites were posted earlier - first one is probably best lit - and as said by others, pretty safe :)

Oh didn't know about those! Do I still need anti-corrosion racks though? If I do what happens if I transfer the items to my FC? Or will I need to transfer them directly to the CG station?

The first time in my ED: time, I decided to check out a spire site: Hyades Sector ST-Q B5-5 body 2
Following an old threat here it should be an inactive spire site ?! This post from Kira Goto and others in my mind ... No danger, relaxing ...

As I was close in a Tharg-Restore-system, I flew there in solo-mode in this Cobra: EDSY-build, designed for other purposes.

The way to the system/body .. well ... Hard to escape after hyperdicted from the new Thargoid-hunter-class, as not even my 620 speed were enough to escape the missiles causing my FSD to reboot..

Arrived with 34%hull and shields restored up to 54%.
I was "welcomed" with 2x"missiles" (glowing balls) causing some malfunctions including my thrusters ...
I survived, but as the spire-site sent 3x new "missiles", I decided better to go ..
Fortunately my 620 speed were enough to escape that missiles ..

What did I wrong? Cold ship under 20% heat?
Go to an inactive site.

Yes you need anti-corrosion racks, FC is fine.
I suppose that technically speaking you don't need anti-corrosion racks because there's plenty of time to fly from the closest spiral site to the CG station before your ship goes boom. But of course that's highly inefficient because you can only transport 4 of the things at a time. (I'm assuming that corrosive materials damage the ship even when you aren't inside it. If they don't, then I think you could transport a lot more at once because you could just gather the saps with an SRV, four at a time, transfer them to the ship, and so on, and then hurry to the CG station to sell them. Or to your FC to store them, I suppose.)

Of course it helps when you don't need to worry about the corrosion.

I suppose that technically speaking you don't need anti-corrosion racks because there's plenty of time to fly from the closest spiral site to the CG station before your ship goes boom. But of course that's highly inefficient because you can only transport 4 of the things at a time. (I'm assuming that corrosive materials damage the ship even when you aren't inside it. If they don't, then I think you could transport a lot more at once because you could just gather the saps with an SRV, four at a time, transfer them to the ship, and so on, and then hurry to the CG station to sell them. Or to your FC to store them, I suppose.)

Of course it helps when you don't need to worry about the corrosion.
Yes they damage the ship even while you are not in it but not the fleet carrier.
Don't use a SRV to farm them, get some flake cannons and collector limpets.
And farming them at a inactive spire site is your best bet to collect as much as possible without loss.

I farm 64 saps at one time deliver it to fleet carrier and do a cg run when i have 128. 128 is the max you can carry in a conda with fuel scoop, jump booster and 8x4e anti-corrosion cargo racks.
Running without corrosion racks will blow out your windshield rather quickly..
Krait mk2 for farming and anaconda for transport.
Krait mk2, phantom, python, beluga, anaconda or imperial clipper for best farming efficiency.

Last edited:
Hey, Cmdrs! o7

This will be my first time at a spire site. I'm parked at Hyades Sector NT-I b9-4 C3, listed as dormant here.

What kind of build do I need to farm this stuff?

Hey, Cmdrs! o7

This will be my first time at a spire site. I'm parked at Hyades Sector NT-I b9-4 C3, listed as dormant here.

What kind of build do I need to farm this stuff?

I should have asked the other important question: how do I farm this stuff?

I've been flying/driving around here for over an hour, there's nothing to shoot/collect/pick up anywhere. :confused:

I should have asked the other important question: how do I farm this stuff?

I've been flying/driving around here for over an hour, there's nothing to shoot/collect/pick up anywhere. :confused:
Go to an inactive spire site (such as the one at Trianguli Sector BA-A d85, body 15 b), land in the middle of it, and look for "organic material" blobs hanging from the structures. Shoot them.

Top Bottom