Ships Has anyone fully upgraded their T9?

Well, basically all survivability added to the T9 costs both money and cargospace.
I tried a nearly 400 mio T9 a few weeks ago before I got my Conda. It had a reduced jumprage of about 11ly, was as manoeuvrable as a brick in a wall and was real pain to fight (I'm glad only npcs attacked me. It took half an hour to get rid of one Cobra in a Wing of three).

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60Y,5...,319YB69Y8S9Y6u9s,7XQ0Bk0AA16y15O15O05U05U0nE

I now own a Tradaconda with "docking-buffers" only (3D shield), for half the money, more than double the cargo and the two major advantages of a massively higher jumprange and much more speed, what makes it much easier to run away. But I only get her out for CGs. The rest of the time I either fight, do missions and trade in my Python or take my Asp for a walk ;)

The naked T9 (no shields but docking computer) was great on short trade routes to make fast money. But it is pain to get her around the sun in SC, to get her to the letterbox to run away from a sidey,...
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60Y,,2-5K9s9Y8S2C6u8I,0DI0Bk0AA08c07207205U05U0nE

don't wanna break your fun or anything, but i really don't understand why would anyone buy a T9 instead of an Anaconda, the price is not that different, the cargo is almost the same, but the anac has a strong shield, strong weapons, twice more jump range ! and a lot more potential

i speak about the utility and the stats of course, not about the look or the sentimental choice

maybe the T9 can do something else i don't know ?

I actually debated with myself for a considerable period on whether or not to fully spec my T-9 or go for the conda. After looking at the cost of upgrading the T-9, I went for trading in the T-9 with the conda. And that's a decision I have not regretted since:)

The naked T9 (no shields but docking computer) was great on short trade routes to make fast money. But it is pain to get her around the sun in SC, to get her to the letterbox to run away from a sidey,...
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60Y,,2-5K9s9Y8S2C6u8I,0DI0Bk0AA08c07207205U05U0nE

Seriously, how do you escape with a naked T9 from NPC in something better than a Sidey before being killed? You couldn´t even boost. I maybe COULD do that around my allied home systems but would consider it risky though.

Last edited:
Seriously, how do you escape with a naked T9 from NPC in something better than a Sidey before being killed? You couldn´t even boost. I maybe COULD do that around my allied home systems but would consider it risky though.

Easily, dump chaff, boost with FA OFF and wait for the cooldown. I get interdicted by wings all the time. It's a non issue, shields on a T9 is a complete waste of cargo space.

So I've been toying with the idea of trading in my Python (temporarily) for a type 9. The type 9 however does not have very good jump range, even when "trade fit". As such I'm toying with the idea of going the route of a fully upgraded T9 meant to be as survivable as possible when attacked. Full A-Grade with milspec armor.

My curiosity is whether or not anyone has bothered fully upgrading the T9 and more importantly if they are willing to share details on the ships top speed, handling and survivability with such a fit.

Here is a fit I'm considering...

I know by the current "standards" of trading this fit is considered inefficient. Especially for those who play in group/solo. I however only play in open and would want this ship to be as survivable as possible. Something that if a pirate interdicted me in it they'd have a story to tell but I'd still have a good chance of escaping.

Here's another fit.. dropping it from 500T cargo to 484T with two A3 shield boosters.

That said... I do have the weapons mounts filled entirely with mine launchers..... Does anyone know if these are a viable defensive weapon to spam from a T9?

Being a good pilot, I loaded up my T9 with max cargo of 532 and A grade everything else without weapons. When trading in a T9, there appears to be no Interdictions (Solo Mode), so the only real threat of destroying my ship is with docking. If you remember to go through the letterbox low (as the cockpit is far lower than the hull of the ship), you should be ok. If you're not a very good pilot, you should get a good shield. My current trade on a 3 jump route nets me $1.3 - $1.4 mil per round trip (one round). The Python is the next best for trading & fighting, but you will get inderdicted a ton.

Being a good pilot, I loaded up my T9 with max cargo of 532 and A grade everything else without weapons. When trading in a T9, there appears to be no Interdictions (Solo Mode), so the only real threat of destroying my ship is with docking. If you remember to go through the letterbox low (as the cockpit is far lower than the hull of the ship), you should be ok. If you're not a very good pilot, you should get a good shield. My current trade on a 3 jump route nets me $1.3 - $1.4 mil per round trip (one round). The Python is the next best for trading & fighting, but you will get inderdicted a ton.

I make $1.2M round trip at 500T while using a decent shield.
Personally I don't think the risk is ever worth it to travel in a ship that expensive (including cargo price) with no shield, but I salute your moxy! :D

Top Bottom