Has Fdev considered building an optical computer?

I wonder does the OP look like this?
maxresdefault.jpg
Oh dear, I loaded that picture and my optical computer read it as a command to eject all cargo, what a clown!

What if this could act as a much weaker coprocessor for applications needing a large expandable single core? Like say, KSP. You could be limited by your outputs. So, maybe it could use the GPU as end compute in some manner. The more GPU's the bigger the effective core? Could you fill out a multi GPU setup and maximize the use. Maybe via the normal bridges they use or otherwise. Maybe a special bridge with an optical connection.

Last edited:
What if this could act as a much weaker coprocessor for applications needing a large expandable single core? Like say, KSP.

What if what could act as a weaker co-processor? I have yet to actually see anything that can run, yet alone run as a co-processor.

Either that or he's made a quintrillion dollhairs out of selling the idea to the NSA? Although somehow I dn't think the idea of using a monitor as an optical processor is going to make much impact...

You're talking about moving to a completely different architecture, they would need to completely rebuild the game engine from the ground up and make sure it's compatible with the current Windows userbase.

Top Bottom