Dinosaurs Have Goats count towards Combat Infamy

I would like hunted Goats to count towards a Dinosaur's Combat Infamy. For me, I don't like making Dinosaurs fight, but I also think it would make an interesting dynamic: you release a new, younger carnivore with a higher base Star Rating, but because of a lifetime of chomping in front of an audience, the older carnivore maintains a higher Star Ranking overall, until the whippersnapper catches up on devouring goats.

So, gaining "Combat" Infamy points in killing/eating goats/guests that aren't even fighting back? Seems legit.
It's called "Combat Infamy" for a reason. Keyword: COMBAT = FIGHT = BATTLE.

So, gaining "Combat" Infamy points in killing/eating goats/guests that aren't even fighting back? Seems legit.
It's called "Combat Infamy" for a reason. Keyword: COMBAT = FIGHT = BATTLE.
They do already get combat infamy from hunting gallis and the like.

Regardless, even if the Galli doesn't fight back. It's still a dino. That's the point of the "Dino Rating".
"Combat Infamy" is ONLY gained by taking it from another dino's "Dino Rating", regardless of the kind of dino it came from, & regardless if they fought or not.
It's not called "Goat Rating" or "Guest(Insert Name) Rating".

And it should be that way I believe. It's a good thing that the devs chose that path, because making a dino's rating skyrocket because it's been killing guests seriously breaks the point of the game.

PS: Patch 1.8 is now out.

Why I think it should be considered: you have four Velociraptors with the same DNA and equal Star Rating. Over time, one catches more goats, building up more of a reputation with the audience as a better hunter than the others. This Velociraptor gains Combat Infamy and becomes the Alpha - adds some dynamic variation to the pack.

And each goat is worth 1 Infamy - it's a show, being put on for the entertainment of the guests, more exciting for them and for the dinosaur than simply eating from a regular feeder.

I don't mind whether guests count or not, as I don't like my dinos to fight or eat people - but I would like it for goats.

Another way of looking at it - even if it is only 1 point per goat, over time, your carnivore becomes more infamous with guests for its ability to chomp prey.

Last edited:
Greedy, sure - but it would simulate particular dinosaurs increasing in popularity over time, as the guests gets attached to them. Why not because the guests have seen them put on a show of being a greedy awesome dinosaur?

Why I think it should be considered: you have four Velociraptors with the same DNA and equal Star Rating. Over time, one catches more goats, building up more of a reputation with the audience as a better hunter than the others. This Velociraptor gains Combat Infamy and becomes the Alpha - adds some dynamic variation to the pack.

And each goat is worth 1 Infamy - it's a show, being put on for the entertainment of the guests, more exciting for them and for the dinosaur than simply eating from a regular feeder.

I don't mind whether guests count or not, as I don't like my dinos to fight or eat people - but I would like it for goats.

Another way of looking at it - even if it is only 1 point per goat, over time, your carnivore becomes more infamous with guests for its ability to chomp prey.

And we're back to the "Goat Kill Infamy".
Consider this statement while in your park & a guest exclaims:
"Look Ma!!! A raptor with a goat kill count of 1000!!!" lol,

Would you think its better if you'd hear them say:
"Look Ma!!! A Raptor that fought a Trike, a Steg, & a big'ol meatysaurus's & WON!!"

As for the underlined sentence, Dinos dont fight people, nor they fight goats.

That's not infamy, that's just being greedy
Pretty much. Considering killing goats doesn't make a dino famous, since the other carnivores can do the same thing.

So your point is that a Trike, Steg, etc, should count for more than a goat? Yeah, that's why I suggested only 1 point per goat.

Also, they don't fight Struthies, but they still count.

Dinos all count for more than a goat. Dinos rate more than a goat, because Dinos are dinos, & a goat is just a goat.
It's like comparing an item worth $100 to an item worth $1.

You really like fat & obese dinos huh?
& I already said this earlier, & I'll say it 1 more time.

Regardless, even if the Galli doesn't fight back. It's still a dino. That's the point of the "Dino Rating".
"Combat Infamy" is ONLY gained by taking it from another dino's "Dino Rating", regardless of the kind of dino it came from, & regardless if they fought or not.
It's not called "Goat Rating" or "Guest(Insert Name) Rating".
Galli, Struthi, or whatever dino there is.

So your point is that a Trike, Steg, etc, should count for more than a goat? Yeah, that's why I suggested only 1 point per goat.

Also, they don't fight Struthies, but they still count.
Having the notoriety being based on dino kills makes sense as you need to create those dinos to increase the kill count. If you allowed food & visitors to increase notoriety then you can just spam feeders / fill the park & delete the walls to get a notorious dino for zero effort. Which I guess is what you want.

The idea behind notoriety was clearly that you would have dinos that won meaningful fights - all you are suggesting is that you want to increase notoriety with zero risk to your main dino (I guess a form on cheesing?). Probably a better solution is to remove any notoriety gain from struthi.

As I tried to explain, I was interested in a slow, small increase in infamy as a dinosaur hunts over time. So that raptors that hunt more have a slightly higher rating than the ones that don't. Basically giving a little character to a dinosaur that has been in your park for a long time, and a bit of diversity between dinosaurs that otherwise have an identical rating.

Nothing to do with zero effort, or spamming for notoriety o_O

I personally hate combat infamy in this game. I may be one of the few, but I can't stand all of the focus on combat. Especially the contracts. I thought I was creating a park, not an arena. That being said, lots of people do like it. So I guess it's good for them.

To get on topic, I live next to a local aquarium. I go there all of the time. I do admit, that I can't say that the electric eel, or sharks chomping down on fish makes much of a difference to how I view them. To me that's feeding time. It's all part of the experience. What does impress me is when care and detail go into the enclosures.

I don't think goats adding to combat infamy is a great idea. I'd rather have some sort of reward system for carnivores eating appropriate food items or living in correct exhibits. A more natural enclosure or diet truly adds to the zoo experience, enabling us to see the animals in their natural setting. In some cases goat chomping may provide this. In others it may be fish feeders. For still others it may be something else entirely.

I do think that foundation of the OP where carnivores can increase in rating is good idea; however, I'm not sure goats providing combat infamy is the sole way to achieve this.

Top Bottom