Heartbroken

Went in after Update 5, fingers crossed.

Wife joined my private group without incident, met on a space station. Saw her in the social area on the first try, plus no Yellow Adder when we formed the team. Then, I took a salvage mission and shared it. All of that worked perfectly. Yay, I thought! Things are looking up!

Then...

She hops in my ship and off we go. Went to the planet (same system), aaaaaaand the crash site isn't there. Did everything I could think of to get it to show up, orbited the planet several times, ran my discovery scanner, just... nadda. Nothing. Broken? Maybe. I'll go scan the nav beacon, maybe it'll show up. Nope! Maybe if we leave the system and come back it'll spawn in, I think! So, I pick a system and jump, and... Lost her. Orange Sidewinder.

orangesidewinder.png

After an hour trying to get just one mission to work for us, our session ends with the same freaking multicrew bug that has been in the game since multicrew was invented!

FDev, I have done everything that you have asked. I've set static IP addresses, I've set up port forwarding, I've messed with files, I've tried again and again and again. Multiplayer in your game just does. Not. Work. You took VR away, you made my RTX3070 run like crap, I just... I can't anymore! I can't!

So. I'm done. Just, done. Can't take any more disappointment. Anyone wants my stuff, hit me up.

So. I'm done. Just, done. Can't take any more disappointment. Anyone wants my stuff, hit me up.
My sentiments as well, posted similar the other day. Played Elite since 1984 on the C64, and I have lost faith with this Xpac's deliberate release to gain monetary value for the bottom line for end of financial year. With that, I too am done with it all. If we could trade money, ships etc I would also offer my stuffz!

Went in after Update 5, fingers crossed.

Wife joined my private group without incident, met on a space station. Saw her in the social area on the first try, plus no Yellow Adder when we formed the team. Then, I took a salvage mission and shared it. All of that worked perfectly. Yay, I thought! Things are looking up!

Then...

She hops in my ship and off we go. Went to the planet (same system), aaaaaaand the crash site isn't there. Did everything I could think of to get it to show up, orbited the planet several times, ran my discovery scanner, just... nadda. Nothing. Broken? Maybe. I'll go scan the nav beacon, maybe it'll show up. Nope! Maybe if we leave the system and come back it'll spawn in, I think! So, I pick a system and jump, and... Lost her. Orange Sidewinder.

View attachment 246355

After an hour trying to get just one mission to work for us, our session ends with the same freaking multicrew bug that has been in the game since multicrew was invented!

FDev, I have done everything that you have asked. I've set static IP addresses, I've set up port forwarding, I've messed with files, I've tried again and again and again. Multiplayer in your game just does. Not. Work. You took VR away, you made my RTX3070 run like crap, I just... I can't anymore! I can't!

I'll take all your on foot materials and data please.

I wouldn't be so upset but, as far as I can tell, everyone who attempts to either jump to another star in Multicrew or with a team member onboard experiences the Orange Sidewinder crash. Everyone.

It is a problem that affects 100% of us and always has, and my searches of this forum and other places don't turn up any posts from FDev that so much as acknowledge that they're even aware of the problem, much less actively trying to fix it.

How about it, guys? Is it on your to-do list somewhere? Can you at least throw me that bone?

I summon thee, Bottom Hat!

I expected nothing from patch 5. At least I was only mildly disappointed. The update to the UI is good. New bugs are not.
Just a regular patch for EDO.

Do it the proper way !
@Bottom Hat

Now with 100% extra summoning !

There you go! Brother Erei is experienced in activating the Bottom Hat Signal, but I shall leave it to your imagination to know what it looks like shining a "silhouette" onto the clouds over Hazzing City.

Now then OP, where and when do I collect your stuphs?

There was a time, just a few monthes ago, when Elite was doing pretty well, it had just one little problem:
Networking, not fit for purpose.
( and bunch of smaller bugs that are so old now they've applied for driving licenses )

Then Odyssey launched then we had a few more little problems:
Networking, not fit for purpose.
Renderer, not fit for purpose.
Planet Tech, not fit for purpose.
UI's, not fit for purpose.

Since 'Update 5' the UI's are now pretty much fit for purpose, the Gal & System Maps still look worse, but at least they are usable.

FDev are now hard at work trying to fix the Renderer for the Console launch.

Planet Tech - Acknowledged there are issues - no word on if or when they might be fixed.
Networking - Radio Silence ( probably because they gave up on that years ago )

• Like (+1)
Reactions: F18
Networking - Radio Silence ( probably because they gave up on that years ago )

This right here. This was what broke me. The absolute silence on the various issues that plague multiplayer connectivity.

The fact that they won't even talk about it, like, even enough to say, "Yeah, we are aware that you can't change zones while riding in someone else's ship without hitting Orange Sidewinder, we're working on a fix" feels so... Defeatist. That bug has been in since Multicrew launched years ago and they've never addressed it. Either they don't know, they don't care, or they've given up on it.

I can sympathize with you OP. My friends and I uninstalled the game out of frustration. We've been grouped together since 2016 because playing with friends is fun.

Literally can't complete a single mission without Orange Sidewinder showing up. They uninstalled out of frustration, the game is too boring to play by myself so I uninstalled as well. I keep coming back to these forums hoping to read news that they've fixed the instancing/connection issues but it doesn't even seem to be on their radar.

Judging from the dwindling player numbers on steam, I can guess a lot of players are throwing their hands up in frustration and walking away.

I can sympathize with you OP. My friends and I uninstalled the game out of frustration. We've been grouped together since 2016 because playing with friends is fun.

Literally can't complete a single mission without Orange Sidewinder showing up. They uninstalled out of frustration, the game is too boring to play by myself so I uninstalled as well. I keep coming back to these forums hoping to read news that they've fixed the instancing/connection issues but it doesn't even seem to be on their radar.

Judging from the dwindling player numbers on steam, I can guess a lot of players are throwing their hands up in frustration and walking away.
It's not on their radar because they truly believe it's a revolutionary system and that it does work, it just has a few hiccups here and there, and they are "constantly improving" it.

Top Bottom