Newcomer / Intro Hell Razors' Mentoring Agency

What I would like, if FD were able to do so, would be to set up a fourth style of play (Live Training), so that when you click on Start you have 4 options. If you select "Live Training" you then get to choose "Mentoring" or "Learning", and then, within that, various training options (Mentors would be able to select an option as to train, so all options would be available to Mentors). The options would only be available for "Learning" if there were mentors within them (so, for example, Piracy would only be available if there were a Commander willing to teach piracy signed into Live Training, Piracy). Players in these areas would not have their 'Game' ships destroyed, as they would be 'Cloned' for use in the Live training. It would also be a small bubble (maybe 50 star systems), to allow for ease of management. This needs a lot of fleshing out, but would be able to lead on from the normal "Training" missions, as here there would be real players, experienced within the game, prepared to teach the new Commanders how to get a better start.

Last edited:
I am eagerly looking forward to grouping up, the chatting and comradery this offers. Learning can be painful at times and people such as yourselves and some others who are willing to help are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I had a very informative couple hours, also very profitable. I now have the credits to upgrade my ship as well as the understanding of how the upgrades affect it. Many of my questions were answered and it was an overall good time just chatting and flying. Once I have more confidence I will pay it forward. I can't thank you enough and I hope to stay in touch. Hell Razor5543 my hat goes off to you, Sir.

Last edited:
Another new Commander started off to a good start. He had only been playing for a few minutes when we winged up. Sold my cargo (that is how I get them initially started, through the trade dividend system), and we were able to get him a D2 FSD (should have gone for a C2 FSD, but I didn't think of getting that at the time; I since learnt that I should, so I will in future). Headed off to my normal trade route (had an issue where we lost 'sight' of each other en route despite being in the same system, but we got it sorted), and then some more winged trading. He now has a B2 FSD, and enough credits (I hope) for an A2 FSD and some valuable cargo.

Great idea Hell Razor, was thinking about this the other day after reading one of your other threads.

I would love to help out as a mentor, but honestly I don't know if I'm that experienced!

Well, you can learn as you go along. I do have the advantage that I can take over 350T of cargo to a starting location, so that when I sell it my wingmen will get a decent trade dividend to help. Even if they cannot then take me up on the offer of mentoring the TD will have helped them.

Well, I was back in LHS 3447, advertising what I was doing, asking for Wing Invites, and nothing. 45 minutes and no takers.

Trying to remain upbeat for you (as I think what you're trying to do is cool) - There could be the possibility that the players you're talking to have no idea how to respond :)

Last edited:
Oh dear, sounds like they think it's a trick. Liqua could be right though - it took me a ridiculously long time to work out how to communicate with other commanders using the in-game text chat function. Or, perhaps they're just ignorant and can't be bothered to comm back "No thanks".

Hoping you have some success soon.

Another taker today. Same offer and outcome. Slowly getting there, helping new Commanders!
I was the lucky commander who got a start-up bonus and nothing shorter than 1.5 hour of introduction to the game! Thank you very much for taking your time Hell Razor5543, it was extremely helpful!

Top Bottom