Ships Help me rebuild my Corvette for bounty hunting? Pleeeeease?

Hi there CMDRs.

Thanks for stoping by. So I'm rebuilding my corvette to chase bounties, I'd like some advice on anything, anything at all that'll help the build.

This is what I have. https://s.orbis.zone/3sg3

So a few points.

1. The KWS and the FSWS are there and have to stay, this is because I intend to chase CMDRs/NPCs that run.
  2. To that end, this is why my FSD is increaded range and the FSD booster is there. To enable me to chase ships that have larger jump range.
  3. I do not have heat syncs, but I do have a thermal vent beam and an auto field kit to repair modules damaged by heat? Should I just add a heatsync instead?
What do you think about the weapons? I think I'm overthing everything because its driving me nuts lol. I hate that corvettes need overcharged powerplants to have boosters and weapons.

Looks like a beast. I don't run a Corvette, so you can disregard most of what I say..

Sometimes its best just to get out there and get to work. You can sink a lot of time/effort into tweeking your config and never get around to Hunting..

Maybe:
Dirty Drives: engineer thrusters to give more time on target for fixed guns = you'll need more power, so Monster your PP​
Distributor: charge enhance for more power to guns​
Sensors: A rate and lightweight mod​
Collector: drop a module and bung on a collector for some mats restocking​
Interdictor: you'll need one if you plan on chasing targets​
Heatsink & Chaff: drop a few boosters​
Weapons depend on your play style. I think boosting your Distributor will have the most effect on your weapons performance. Would be great to have a third fire trigger

I think you'll need a heat sink launcher for those SCBs, they do get 'warm' but you can fire two scbs for one heat sinklike this: fire SCB, want until temp gets to 90% ish, fire heat sink, wait for temp to got to 0%, fire second scb.

Are you any good with those Rails and Plasma-Accs? they do need practice but once you have them you can put them both in a single fire button. press for plasma, press and hold for both/ I would also dirty/drag drive your thrusters and also fast recharge your Pwr-dist and fast charge your shlds

but, get out there and see what works for you; also note, with those differing types of wpns, you'll be switching fire groups a lot but you can allocate scbs and heat sinks to non-fire btns which helps.

Even ignoring fundamental difficulties in chasing CMDR bounties, you're not going to be catching many CMDRs with a corvette...it's too slow to be a serious pursuit ship. That said, the fixed MC SLF (relatively fast, with the longest range and lowest distributor draw SLF weapons) in one of your hangar slots can help a tiny bit in this regard, as can some long range weapons.

Huge PAs are a bit lackluster on the vette. Since you can't dictate engagement range against significantly faster vessels, you aren't going to be landing many shots of standard velocity PAs.

This setup is also extremely hot with that PP, no heatsinks, and that weapon loadout.

Regardless of what you endup with, dirty + drag drives are a must, as is a charge enhanced + super conduit distributor.

Thanks guys. My Corvette already has Dirty/Drag drives so I'll keep them then and not change that. I'll also include heat syncs now.

Even ignoring fundamental difficulties in chasing CMDR bounties, you're not going to be catching many CMDRs with a corvette...it's too slow to be a serious pursuit ship.

Yeah like chasing sports cars in a 18 wheeler lol. But I feel as long as they don't boost away and wake out instead, I can chase them. She's just as fast in SC! Furthermore i'd be chooing the targets wisely. Also my rail shot on fleeing targets is good in the vette because long range + the fact the corvette turns slower = easier to line up shots.

I'm seeing a lot of people question the Plasmas. I already have G5 huge MC's on overcharged and another set on G5 long range stored. would those be better? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Sorry to bump and double post but I am really struggling with what to put in my huge hardpoint slots. I tried PA's (too slow, even with focused). I tried canons, (feels awesome but again too slow). I have gimbaled multi canons, but that don't do a great deal of damage.

Maybe add a small multicannon with corrosive effect, with that the other multis will do much more damage

Sorry to bump and double post but I am really struggling with what to put in my huge hardpoint slots. I tried PA's (too slow, even with focused). I tried canons, (feels awesome but again too slow). I have gimbaled multi canons, but that don't do a great deal of damage.

I do not get though how gimballed huge Multi's do not do great deal of damage. Overcharged autoloader huge multicannons have great damage. They have actually better DPS than those efficient plasmas even if you hold the trigger down on the plasmas for nonstop fire. Anyhow you could try something simple like this for the weapons:

EDITED: Wrong url

Alternatively you could put huge efficient bursts or 1 huge overcharged burst on the huges and overcharged MCs everywhere else.

Last edited:
No I completely agree with you. But I remember one of my first ever pvp encounters and it felt like they did nothing. Maybe I was missing something and should have another go at it.

No I completely agree with you. But I remember one of my first ever pvp encounters and it felt like they did nothing. Maybe I was missing something and should have another go at it.

I do not pvp myself, but it seems from people's streams that full multicannon builds are used pretty much in pvp also these days... or perhaps it is just in ganking. Dunno. I am not really interested much in that aspect of the game. Good luck to ya! :-D

EDITED: Might want to look into long range MCs also btw.

Last edited:
I think the most solid choice for those huge hardpoints are efficient beams. Efficient paired with overcharged also works, if your load out is especially light on the PD. The huge beams are acceptable against hull and do have a much better DPS than huge Plasmas, especially since the corvette can stay on target very well. I've gone through that search for the optimal huge hardpoint myself, and I think there is little competition for the beams. The other thing that worked for me were focused plasmas (focused because they increase heat, not power requirement as long range does), but those can run out of ammo.

Now i haven't tried this build against other players as that isn't the way i play but this one has just paid me back everything i have spent on it and is starting to give a nice profit.

Link to ship build

N52rZqr.jpg

The alternative weapon loadout that use is two C4 Beams modified for long range with the thermal conduit exp upgrade, really useful for taking ships out before you are inside their weapon range , fill the rest of the slots with rapid fire multi cannons with a mix of corrosive , emissive and incendiary exp upgrades so that if anything does make it to within 1.5k from you it is unlikely to have much shielding left and will be easy to finish off.

Last edited:
This is my Corvette, build for prolonged combat in CZ, PP CZ and/or Wing Pirate Assassination missions.
At the destination system, i usually exchange the non combat modules for combat or utility (AFMU, hrp/mrp/gsb) - but most of the time it is not really necessary

PVP

Also thanks everyone for your awesome suggestions.

To be honest I'd change ship. Most naughty people fly fast and nimble ships, and even a practical lightweight Corvette can't push past 400 at boost- so they'd be off, or be able to outmaneuver you.

PVP

Also thanks everyone for your awesome suggestions.

you're not going to be catching many CMDRs with a corvette.

To be honest I'd change ship. Most naughty people fly fast and nimble ships, and even a practical lightweight Corvette can't push past 400 at boost- so they'd be off, or be able to outmaneuver you.

What they said. ^^^

You cant really run after bounties in a slow ship.
However, your ship might be a gank magnet, so bounties might run after you

Edit:
If you insist on Corvette, i would go like this
While traveling, you can replace the MRP and the GSRP from top slots with Fuel Scoop and GFSD booster

I don think you should bother with SCB, they're too easy to cancel and then you just wasted 2 optional slots for them and 1 utility for the heatsink.
I wouldn't go for thermal shields either. Corvette is a too big target and PA are way too common. So reinforced all the way.
Regarding weapons, Huge OC/incendiary MC are better than Huge efficient Beams if engagement distance goes beyond 1 km
Seekers are there to kill drives/hardpoints
The long range pulse and rail are there for utility

Last edited:

Given the original concept, of being able to pursue across multiple systems if needed. What ship would you sugest? I have a meta FDL in core internals that I can outft. But I couldn't fight a GFSD in there too. So if they high wake out they can potentially outrun me via system hopping.

What they said. ^^^

You cant really run after bounties in a slow ship.
However, your ship might be a gank magnet, so bounties might run after you

Edit:
If you insist on Corvette, i would go like this
While traveling, you can replace the MRP and the GSRP from top slots with Fuel Scoop and GFSD booster

I don think you should bother with SCB, they're too easy to cancel and then you just wasted 2 optional slots for them and 1 utility for the heatsink.
I wouldn't go for thermal shields either. Corvette is a too big target and PA are way too common. So reinforced all the way.
Regarding weapons, Huge OC/incendiary MC are better than Huge efficient Beams if engagement distance goes beyond 1 km
Seekers are there to kill drives/hardpoints
The long range pulse and rail are there for utility

I like that build. But I fear if they high wake out of my range I might not be able to follow them quick enough! I for sure like the outfitting though.

Top Bottom