Help me understand how you handle Keyboard mouse / HOTAS in EDO

I have a pull - keyboard/mouse tray, fairly small.
I used to move my keyboard up to the main desk, and use the HOTAS.

Now with EDO I play with Mouse and Keyboard. With my setup, I'd have to move the HOTAS back and forth from the upper desk to the tray (not ideal)

I was thinking to add small trays to the side of my chair but I have the (cheap) Thrustmaster and when I split the Hotas the connecting cable (between the two parts) will be too short.
Can you post your solution to this problem here?

Thanks!

Though I as well as everyone else is having issues with Odyssey. I use a Warthog for the general configs as well as the flying and driving configs. But utilize an xbox one x controller for the walking configs.

Though I as well as everyone else is having issues with Odyssey. I use a Warthog for the general configs as well as the flying and driving configs. But utilize an xbox one x controller for the walking configs.
Aha, Thank you for this!
I have an Xbox360 controller which I use extensively in melee games but, with Shooters, I'm mouse and Keyboard only.

For this specific problem, I might give it a try.

Aha, Thank you for this!
I have an Xbox360 controller which I use extensively in melee games but, with Shooters, I'm mouse and Keyboard only.

For this specific problem, I might give it a try.
Unlike in ED, EDO has giving us the option of utilizing numerous controllers. In your case, you could continue using the KB and M for the general, flying and srv as you've grown accustomed to, and then use your game pad to walk around. Just make sure any and all control devices are plugged in prior to launching the game.

I just have my X52 throttle on my left, then keyboard, mouse, and X52 stick on the right... and put my hands down or up on to what bit I need to use.... I have a large desk though.

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: Bam
from right to the left :
mouse
hotas stick
keyboard (tkl)
hotas throttle lever
gamepad (for srv action)

i have some week of attempt an this one is the best i found.
c.

edit
i also use gameglass on tablet/phone for route and system informations

Last edited:
I push my kb/m forward and mainly use the hotas. I put utility-like things on the easy to hit keys on right alt, FN, App, ctrl, arrow keys. Fighter commands on the Ins, home, del, end. You can also combine keybinds. I use the Thrustmaster hotas 4. For a few examples: On the joystick I use up+triangle for entering supercruise (triangle just to toggle the fsd), L2+X for cargo scoop, and L2+square for landing gear.

Top Bottom