Help new Marlinist faction!

Are Marlinists anarchists?
Patronage governments (with authoritarian ethos) in game, democratic government description in Galnet. Definitely not anarchists of any sort, anyway.

They're, of course, taking quite a lot of pressure in the BGS because they have a lot of low-faction-count systems and the bubble is full, so they're a big target for everyone's inbound expansions, PMF or otherwise.
HIP 22550 [1], Hyades Sector RO-P b6-6, LP 659-31 [2], Hyades Sector SU-C a14-1, Hyades Sector RO-P b6-2 [1]: still in Marlinist hands
Hyades Sector LX-T c3-30: under attack by Brazilian League of Pilots (down 0-3 in the war)
Hyades Sector VP-N b7-4: already captured by Sirius Special Forces PMF
Hyades Sector AB-M b8-2: attempting to retake from Omega Merchant Command PMF (1-1 so far) who captured it pretty early on

[1] Brazilian League of Pilots present but not (yet?) attacking
[2] The Sacred Knights Imperial PMF had a go but didn't manage to equalise for the election.

(It would be quite funny if PMFs attacking Marlinist systems painted a big target on themselves for the NMLA)

Patronage governments (with authoritarian ethos) in game, democratic government description in Galnet. Definitely not anarchists of any sort, anyway.
Their descrpition in-game is quite interesting though:
"Patronage - A group that invests significant resources into independent projects in order to incubate the growth of civilization in the supposedly untamed areas of space."

Was that the Dreamers of Ys? Their entry in-game sounds like... basically that.
No, mine never got off the ground, Dreamers of Ys eh? Never heard of them, might look them up, if they're an active player faction might join up, it's been over a year since I cut my ties with the PI.

No, mine never got off the ground, Dreamers of Ys eh? Never heard of them, might look them up, if they're an active player faction might join up, it's been over a year since I cut my ties with the PI.
Oh, no, they're very much not active.. Haven't been for years. Before carriers I specifically made a base out of their system since it was somewhere I could do whatever the hell I wanted to the mission boards or faction influence without having to worry about stepping on anyone's toes.

Having only one system in range to generate massacre missions makes for easy stacking there too, if you're into that sort of thing.

Also the ELW there is called "Blob". Hee hee.

Unfortunately, todays BGS update brought war score to close victory of Omega Merchant Command. This means that after 3 days of conflict, only first day showed some initial sucess for Marlinists and now, after OMC CEO realized what was going on in one of his new backwater conquests and brought corporate Fleet Carriers, they face defeat if left without support.

I'll say that this is very short sighted approach on OMC part. Marlinist Factions support trade and peacefull coexistence, issuing bounties on various pirate factions in nearby, OMC controlled systems, which means that leaving them alone in system they were given will ultimately benefit all, boosting OMC influence all around. There's nothing to be gained by stifling them under corporate boot.
91YnfLVdQZL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Well, if they want to have such a big territory, remember that you're not limited to attacking them just in the system they're invading.
I know, but I'm not really after full scale war. Or, in this case guerilla war. Seems like exhausting project for one person.
I was just hoping nobody would mind if control of the system would return to Marlinists. It's not very interesting system, and player factions don't choose where they expand, so the fact they ended up there was unavoidable. For about two weeks I ran missions there, slowly bringing Marlinist influence up and nobody cared. Unfortunately they've noticed once war started and I managed to win the first day.

Nevertheless, spirits in Free Marlinist Movement Navy HQ are high...
sad-people-chairs-group-therapy-session_23-2148752072.jpg

I know, but I'm not really after full scale war. Or, in this case guerilla war. Seems like exhausting project for one person.
I was just hoping nobody would mind if control of the system would return to Marlinists. It's not very interesting system, and player factions don't choose where they expand, so the fact they ended up there was unavoidable. For about two weeks I ran missions there, slowly bringing Marlinist influence up and nobody cared. Unfortunately they've noticed once war started and I managed to win the first day.

Nevertheless, spirits in Free Marlinist Movement Navy HQ are high...
sad-people-chairs-group-therapy-session_23-2148752072.jpg
Cassandra Serra would likely be keen on joining FMMN if there's spaces. 👍

System traffic has been ~50 ships. I've been one Python, turning in a mission or two and 10-15 million in bounties each day. Wouldn't be surprised if we are outnumbered 5 to 1 at least, but I'll fight on tonight, and if this first war is lost then it might be time to go full Marlinist and bring a dirtier form of fight to Lumbla.

The thing is you’re not alone. I think there’s a handful of FMMNers sprinkled throughout the Marlinist Systems. I’ve been conducting guerrilla operations against the Sacred Knights PMF in LP 659-31 for the better part of a month. I noticed the war pending on Inara with the OMC and came to help.

Hopefully your thread has reached many more Marlinist sympathizers than you thought. It ain’t over till it’s over. And even then it just goes underground.

I'm really glad to hear this, guys :D Morale of the crew of my fleet carrier has been considerably boosted...
even though we just lost another day...

Interesting fact about Omega Merchant Command is that it's the faction that has been made responsible by Sirius Corporation for gathering and distribution of commodities delivered to Ellis Gateway in Bd+05 1146 system during CG lat year.
Traders are asked to deliver atmospheric processors, auto-fabricators, structural regulators and water purifiers to Ellis Gateway in the Bd+05 1146 system. From there, the Omega Merchant Command will distribute resources for the colonisation of up to ten uninhabited systems.
This is what you get when you trust greedy corporations. That's how they're using their position, despite what has been said on the onset by Li Yong-Rui himself:
"It is clear that the Marlinists cannot return to the Empire, and are a destabilising presence within the Federation. We offer an alternative by constructing permanent habitats for their population. These will be self-governed and may freely trade with the galactic community."

I did a some last night for the Marlinists but supporting anything other than Anarchy is not really my thing. I do loathe big corporations and ever expanding PMFs though, so that's my excuse sorted.

I was using my alt in a mostly engineered Vulture because he's just Novice and needs to get to Competent to unlock Broo. Seemed as good a way as any of doing it.

Marlinists never deserved a system in the first place. That they lose what was handed to them is a good thing.

Top Bottom