Helpful Key Bindings

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Zookeepers!

We know you’ve been building and playing avidly already; it’s been amazing seeing everyone’s progress! We’ve compiled a handy list of all keys used in Planet Zoo, so you can streamline your playtime even further. Also, if you have an Elgato StreamDeck, there’s a Planet Zoo Icon Pack ready to download which lets you use your StreamDeck’s hotkey functions.

Enjoy! ❤

General:

W, A, S, D Pan Camera
Q, ERaise/Lower Camera
ESCCancel/Close
SHIFTIncrease Free Cam Speed
Page Up/DownZoom Camera In/Out
HomeReset Camera
TToggle Free Cam
LCamera Torch
REnter Group Edit
GShow/Hide UI
OChange Sim Speed
PPause
DeleteDelete Selected Object
CTRL ZUndo
CTRL YRedo
CTRL XDuplicate (Advanced Move)
CTRL DDuplicate Selection
MMove Selection
ZRotate 90
Hold ZFree Rotate
HToggle Heatmap View
IEnter Multi-Select Tool
FPosition Snap Toggle
VAlign to Surface Toggle
KFlatten Terrain Toggle
SpaceToggle Angle Snap
U/JRaise/Lower Path
X (in Paths)Toggle Path T-Junction
-/=
(in Terrain)
Decrease/Increase Length
Decrease/Increase Intensity
[ / ]
(in Terrain)
Decrease/Increase Width
Decrease/Increase Brush Size
NEnter/Exit Align to Grid
BToggle Align to Placement
V (in Paths)Toggle Curved Slopes

Menu Shortcuts:

F1Control Help
F2Exhibit Trading
F5Save Menu
F9Load Menu
1Zoo Management
2Animal Trading
3Barriers
4Habitat
5Nature
6Facilities
7Construction
8Blueprints
9Paths
0Terrain

Heeeey Bo 🙂👋 thank you... can you maybe add a document data (word, pdf) to these shortcuts, so we can download it to our cellphone or maybe can print them? 🙂 So we wouldn't have to visit the forum to take a quick look on it. 😊

Hello, can you make the same for azerty keyboard or make the game support it ? because many of that keys didn't work for me, pls thx

Last edited:
Keyboard shortcuts are so useful, thank you! One suggestion - could a shortcut be added for toggling barriers between straight and curved? I find I need that function a lot when building, and haven't found a shortcut that works for it.

Thanks for the list.
I often do custom fencing to decorate my paths. Often they end up in a group, which is fine on straight paths but a nightmare if you have to use Y very often (Or Z with you all, right? German Keyboard here.)

So: A hotkey to EXIT a group would be reeally helpful and apreciated.

Thanks Bo, this is really useful! If only we had CTRL+S to quick save so I wouldn't have to go to the F5 menu all the time 😭 Ah well, it won't be that bad once most of the crashes are patched out.

I swap one keybinding so the "Space" button becomes "pause". it allows for a quicker reaction time when I want to pause the game than the 'P' button allows.

ESC is your best friend there ;) But if you have an active piece you need to press ESC twice, first to let go of the piece, second time to exit the group.

But I would like to keep the piece, just don't want it grouped. Grid objects always want to snap into grid again, even when I don't want.

This is great, thank you! An additional request: it would be nice to be able to map the screen rotation to keys rather than just the mouse buttons. Thanks again for the great communications. Loving the game!

Top Bottom