Herbivores not hunted when goats are available?

Cheers!

The other day I had a T-Rex in an enclosure with a carnivore feeder as well as a live bait feeder.

I dropped in an Archaeornithomimus (or one of the other small herbivores, I'm bad at names) to see it hunt, but the T-Rex totally ignored it.

Removed the live bait feeder, down goes the herbivore.

Is this working as intended?

I think it is…… I haven’t tested with Predator-Prey Pairs though.

I had done systematic experiments on the effect of ratio of live bait feeders/Carnivore on their tendency to go with fighting (with rivalry carnivore and armored herbivores). The result clearly indicates a positive relation with the number of fights. The higher the ratio, the less likely they will go into fights.

For instance, the test subjects are Suchomimus and Majungasaurus. With only 1 live bait feeder, they fight for 21 times in 100 minutes actual time. With 2 to 3 live bait feeders, they only fight for 3 times in 100 minutes. I had also tested the effects of attacking stats, defensive stats, resilience stats, and space availability that varies with number of live bait feeders. Among all those variables, the ratio of live bait feeder is proven to be the single most effective method of reducing fight instances.

If that also applies to Predator – Defenseless Herbivore pair (I have not tested at all), I think it is working as intended through the 1.4 update.

Cheers!

The other day I had a T-Rex in an enclosure with a carnivore feeder as well as a live bait feeder.

I dropped in an Archaeornithomimus (or one of the other small herbivores, I'm bad at names) to see it hunt, but the T-Rex totally ignored it.

Removed the live bait feeder, down goes the herbivore.

Is this working as intended?

I think carnivores will only try to hunt herbivores when hungry, but sometimes will hunt goats because they feel like it.

Try to repeat it keeping an eye on the T-rex "FOOD" bar

Apparently, goats count as a target the same as any herbivore.

This is what I was told anyway, to use these instead of meat feeders which they will ignore to chase down a victim instead.

I had an enclosure with a Spinosaurus, a few Brachiosaurs and a herd of Tsintaosaurs. I also had a goat dispenser. The Spinosaurus ate a Tsintaosaurus at fairly regular intervals but not all the time.

Top Bottom