Heyyyyy I'm back and ready for VR

It's been a good few years since i've been active on here but now seems to be a good time to hop back on, I started out on Xbox, switched to PS4 mid gen and had to start again and now that we have save transfers and I have a VR capable PC I'm hyped to try that out. I opted to transfer my Xbox save even though I've made less progress on it because I have the Cobra Mk IV unlocked on it :)
Anyhow now that I've got my flight history/re-introduction out of the way any tips for playing ED in VR?
I have a HOTAS ready that I got for the PS4 way back when, hoping that it still works ok

It's been a good few years since i've been active on here but now seems to be a good time to hop back on, I started out on Xbox, switched to PS4 mid gen and had to start again and now that we have save transfers and I have a VR capable PC I'm hyped to try that out. I opted to transfer my Xbox save even though I've made less progress on it because I have the Cobra Mk IV unlocked on it :)
Anyhow now that I've got my flight history/re-introduction out of the way any tips for playing ED in VR?
I have a HOTAS ready that I got for the PS4 way back when, hoping that it still works ok
If you have any issues trying to get VR running in Elite then pop over to the VR sub-forum - you’ll be able to find help/answers there though a quick search should usually suffice.

Odyssey still has quite a few VR problems (there is a dedicated bug thread linked in my sig) but Horizons performs wonderfully.

Your PS4 HOTAS should be fine - I generally use my old wireless Xbox 360 pad (due to muscle memory from the years playing Elite in flatscreen 😁) and the default key mapping is really well done by Frontier. Some players will probably recommend Voice Attack while playing in VR but I’ve never seen the need for it - like I said, everything maps nicely onto a pad - as you probably well know from your console years.

Top Bottom