hiding negative impact objects should reduce radius

I think if a player is making the effort to pretty up or even hide objects with negative impact behind walls or foliage it should reduce the radius of negative impact.
Right now it's rather "out of range out of mind" instead of "out of sight out of mind". If guests are unable to see the object from a certain point, even if its in range, they shouldnt be able to be neagtively impacted.

I agree with this one, covering the negative radius should be included..
Things that make noise should have a negative radius even when covered, imo.

It's really difficult to plan out your zoo properly, especially when you change your enclosure. New animal needs water and your enclosure is just out of water range.
Which means moving your water purification or adding an extra one.

Some tools to counter negative impact, would be nice :D
Even if they are expensive..
Or did someone find a method to solve this?

Agreed, I think foliage / rocks should block the negative radius bubble wherever they sit.

I think the type of foliage should matter though, for instance a low bed of flowers isn't going to hide the building, and bamboo stalks are easily seen through

I agree and disagree.
Let's be honest here, how many real life zoos have their behind the scenes in full view and access to the public?
These facilities are always away from where we, the guests will be able to walk. I might understand the realism of putting your Trade Center in 4 walls and a roof will slightly reduce the radius, but down to a minimum cap. We want to prevent people from throwing 50 rocks on it to make it simply vanish. It's not the reverse of PC's scenery rating, where decorative items removes negative affects. Plus, I like to thing it brings a sense of forward thinking to the game. Hence, I agree and disagree.

I agree and disagree.
Let's be honest here, how many real life zoos have their behind the scenes in full view and access to the public?
These facilities are always away from where we, the guests will be able to walk. I might understand the realism of putting your Trade Center in 4 walls and a roof will slightly reduce the radius, but down to a minimum cap. We want to prevent people from throwing 50 rocks on it to make it simply vanish. It's not the reverse of PC's scenery rating, where decorative items removes negative affects. Plus, I like to thing it brings a sense of forward thinking to the game. Hence, I agree and disagree.

i do agree, i like the challenge of having to plot staff paths and buildings, but sometimes you have to really squeeze something in and it overlaps a path just enough people complain. I wouldn't want it to remove the negative effect entirely, but perhaps sticking a thick hedgerow there would block it from the path edge .

i wouldn't want it gone entirely, just be able to reduce the range enough when you have to squeeze things together

i'm mostly thinking in terms of power facilities / water treatment plants, because unlike IRL we cannot run electrical wires on poles to deliver power, we have to stick that big negative-inducing item down somewhere where it reaches what you need it to

Completely agree! I spent ages right at the start making mine all fenced in with nice fences and bushes. Didn't realise there was a radius at that point. Was very confused that my guest were still unhappy! It looked nice and hidden!

Definitely needs to be a barrier for the radius.

Apart from maybe the water and electric? I imagine they would be noisy?

Can't remember but i seem to recall that solar panels don't have this negative radius, but don't have the same efficiency as the generator ?
(could be wrong on this one)

Top Bottom