High Grade Emissions in Outbreak systems.

Ok guys, as the title suggests, I have been for the past 2 days, trying to fetch some pharmaceutical isolators or even other materials, but unfortunately, I can't seem to even spawn High Grade Emissions, on any outbreak system, be it Alliance or Indepent. Do you guys know if this is a bug, or what is going on? I have been only actively searching in outbreak systems, but none has shown whatsoever. Any advices, any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Ok guys, as the title suggests, I have been for the past 2 days, trying to fetch some pharmaceutical isolators or even other materials, but unfortunately, I can't seem to even spawn High Grade Emissions, on any outbreak system, be it Alliance or Indepent. Do you guys know if this is a bug, or what is going on? I have been only actively searching in outbreak systems, but none has shown whatsoever. Any advices, any suggestions, I'm all ears!
THe system state no longer is a factor for HGE spawns, the guide you are following is out of date.

Now, each HGE has a state determined by the faction associated with the HGE, which could be a completely different state then the system itself.

My advice is to just farm HGE's in general, and don't try to get the pharmaceutical isolators specifically. That's what material traders are good for. You can get everything you need to fully engineer every module on a ship in just a few hours if you stop trying to get exactly the right materials.

Maybe write to whoever wrote the guide you're following and ask them to update it for 3.4?
Thanks, I guess you are right.
THe system state no longer is a factor for HGE spawns, the guide you are following is out of date.

Now, each HGE has a state determined by the faction associated with the HGE, which could be a completely different state then the system itself.

My advice is to just farm HGE's in general, and don't try to get the pharmaceutical isolators specifically. That's what material traders are good for. You can get everything you need to fully engineer every module on a ship in just a few hours if you stop trying to get exactly the right materials.
Thanks aswell, since I couldn't find any at all I wonder if there is a specific system you would advice!

Thanks, I guess you are right.

Thanks aswell, since I couldn't find any at all I wonder if there is a specific system you would advice!
YOu didn't find any HGE's at all?
What I did when I needed to farm HGE's was:
1. Identify the 4 highest population systems near where I was (using Inara) and bookmarked them.
2. Jumped to one of them
3. Dropped to the nav beacon and scanned it.
4. returned to supercruise and checked nav panel for HGE's.
5. Went to any that were not too far away and looted them.
6. Picked the next bookmark and resumed at #2 above.

Sometimes a system didn't have any, but most of the time it did. If I would have had any of my target systems come up empty twice in a row I'd probably have replaced it in the loop with another one (but that never happened for me).

Now I just check for HGE's when I fly about doing other things so I haven't had to actually farm them in quite a while.

I can't get any at all to spawn either, in both outbreak and civil unrest systems. I was in Sol for 3-4 hours over a 2 day period recently while it was in civil unrest and did not find a single hge. As soon as the state switched to "none" they were spawning faster than I could handle. I'm not sure something isn't wrong.

One thing to remember is that the HGEs now are determined by the state of the faction in whose state of control they exist. So you can be in a system listed as Civil Unrest but find HGEs whose state is None or something.

I can't get any at all to spawn either, in both outbreak and civil unrest systems. I was in Sol for 3-4 hours over a 2 day period recently while it was in civil unrest and did not find a single hge. As soon as the state switched to "none" they were spawning faster than I could handle. I'm not sure something isn't wrong.
Don't stay in one system and wait for them to spawn. That approach was also more suited for the old way, so the guide you were following may have said to do that...but it's slow slow slow; the guide, as we have already established, is outdated.

Now, just jump between several systems where they are showing up. Loot the ones that are there (and not too far to supercruise) and move to the next system. Rinse, repeat.

Unless you get lucky and find a system where they are spawning faster than you can loot them...then by all means stay in one system. But if a system is dry of HGE's, you're wasting time hanging out there.

Last edited:
I quit bothering with the old way long ago. I solely farm empire systems for Imperial Shielding 'They seem to be everywhere" and trade at the market, managed to max all g5 mats in a short while.

I guess I didn't realize how different the new system is. I too usually find one or two hges in high pop systems, which is why it was odd to have none at all spawn while I was in a system like Sol over that length of time

YOu didn't find any HGE's at all?
Exactly as stated, that's why in despair and thinking that something broken was happening, I thought of posting a thread.

Alright, many thanks to all of you, who gave your suggestions, and to those who shared their experiences of success in this matter. At least I am relieved that there is no major bug concerning this topic.

The game is broken. The in game mat farming descriptions aren't valid for several mats. Use the bandaide mat trader. Get Core Dynamic Composites and Imperial Shielding and trade over at a crappy rate.

Last edited:
I prowl high pop, independent systems in boom. HGEs by the boatload. Seriously. Exioce the other day had six HGEs. Scoop what you find and trade for the PIs you need.

Stop the grind! :D
Hahaha #stopthegrind I like that.
Thanks a lot everyone.

And for what it's worth, I choose indpendent since they give proto light alloys, proto heat radiators and radiolic alloys (at least that's what I usually find) instead of Imperial shielding in an Empire system for example. All of them are worth the same at a trader of course, but I find the proto stuff is more useful for my mods.

#StopTheGrind :D

Top Bottom