IMPORTANT: Highlighted Creators Application Form - 2018

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hey guys!

The Highlighted Creators Program is now up and accepting applications! If you're a video maker, streamer, musician, artist, in-game photographer, facebook group etc, and you'd like to be featured on the Planet Coaster Social Accounts, then please fill in our application form!

Any questions, please pop them below and we'll be happy to help :)

[g-form=1000]1E0lNNdkuR2-jM0BN2aAYbTejSS3VKK8Jf0mYLJ-mWb4[/g-form]

Elite dangerous?

I think you meant Planet Coaster? [big grin]

Great initiative ffor people to showcase their creations [up]

Dear Frontier,

When you don’t communicate with your loyal fan base for months at a time, and show absolutely no regard for the ‘Community’ as a whole when it comes to communicating your future plans, or even a basic acknowledgment that you’re actually still working on the game, then isn’t any wonder you have to ‘advertise’, for new ‘Creators’,.....has those you once had (before JWE....nudge.....nudge....wink) are probably leaving in droves, cause like me, they fear the worst, in that this game as suddenly stopped in production..................rant over.

oh wow this thread is a few months old?? thats sad... seems like frontier already selected all there featured creators like well over a year ago, and pretty much everybody already knows who they are

Dear Frontier,

When you don’t communicate with your loyal fan base for months at a time, and show absolutely no regard for the ‘Community’ as a whole when it comes to communicating your future plans, or even a basic acknowledgment that you’re actually still working on the game, then isn’t any wonder you have to ‘advertise’, for new ‘Creators’,.....has those you once had (before JWE....nudge.....nudge....wink) are probably leaving in droves, cause like me, they fear the worst, in that this game as suddenly stopped in production..................rant over.

You can look at it like that (negative), but I see this as a chance for the smaller gamers that don't have Youtube channels to promote themselves but would love to be a featured creator in the game so they can apply for it.

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hey guys!

Yep this thread is still open, and the form is still open as well. The form's purpose is to allow all creators (both veterans and new) to express their wish to be shown off on the Planet Coaster social channels, as you may have a brand new build or livestream series, or youtube/twitch account you wish to show off that we might not know about otherwise.

To clarify, these Featured Creators are not included in the game, and this is simply the name for creators who wish to be featured. I do apologise for any confusion!

Except when they forget about you completely when its your featured creator week.. And then leave you out completely when they change from doing devoted weeks to what ever it is they are doing now.. Instead favoring people who havent even touched the game in a year over people who actually play it. Featured creator gets you nothing back. You are better off just submitting to workshop wonderland. Of course who honestly bothers watching those either anymore.

Last edited:
Except when they forget about you completely when its your featured creator week.. And then leave you out completely when they change from doing devoted weeks to what ever it is they are doing now.. Instead favoring people who havent even touched the game in a year over people who actually play it. Featured creator gets you nothing back. You are better off just submitting to workshop wonderland. Of course who honestly bothers watching those either anymore.

I don't always watch them live but I do watch them pretty often.

I will agree a lot about the feature systems they use is both confusing and discouraging at times.

Last edited:
Except when they forget about you completely when its your featured creator week

This is kind of disingenuous posting this without context dude, you got offered by multiple people including myself to take our weeks instead and you did decline at the time, and the reasons why your week wasn't as long as others was unfortunate but without malice. It's kind of unfair to Bo who was absolutely fantastic at her job and looked after the old Featured Creators to say these kinds of things.

Yes I agree there was a confusion over the original or as I call us "legacy" featured creators and changing the format from what it was to what it is now but ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ dude it's really not cool to come onto the forums and publicly bash the community managers who were so good to us for over a year.

On topic of the new featured creators system I think either the name should be changed or the name changed of the people who sit on the game client/website because there is a lot of confusion about that. On topic of format I like it and I wish it was used more, with over a year of showing the same featured creators often on social media it will be nice to see different people be shared who may not have been afforded the same privileges of exposure and support we had :)

It is sad that Frontier "killed" their own Planco community due to not communicating with them at all.[sad][down] I understand they moved offices - but that was done more than a month ago.[mouth shut] Planco had the best and most fruitful community I have ever seen with a game [up][big grin] - other companies would do ... certain ... uh ... "things" to get such a community - Frontier "killed" their own community. It is really sad.[down][weird]

Frontier put all effort in their Youtubers - but even those Youtuber who got "big" with Planco don't play or stream the game anymore.[rolleyes][weird] This is a really bad development, which makes me sad, especially because it is all because of lack of communication. Even the livestreams aren't announced in these forums anymore.[down]

I understand and respect Frontier's decision not to communicate certain things - but then they have to find other ways of communication as I explained in the "community divided"-thread in detail.

This is kind of disingenuous posting this without context dude, you got offered by multiple people including myself to take our weeks instead and you did decline at the time, and the reasons why your week wasn't as long as others was unfortunate but without malice. It's kind of unfair to Bo who was absolutely fantastic at her job and looked after the old Featured Creators to say these kinds of things.

Yes I agree there was a confusion over the original or as I call us "legacy" featured creators and changing the format from what it was to what it is now but ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ dude it's really not cool to come onto the forums and publicly bash the community managers who were so good to us for over a year.

On topic of the new featured creators system I think either the name should be changed or the name changed of the people who sit on the game client/website because there is a lot of confusion about that. On topic of format I like it and I wish it was used more, with over a year of showing the same featured creators often on social media it will be nice to see different people be shared who may not have been afforded the same privileges of exposure and support we had :)

Its completely within context. Are you privy to the conversation that I personally had with Bo? You are not.. And they had a set schedule.. Taking soneone elses week was not an optiin rather you offered it or not. Not to mention that it happened twice... So yes completely within context. You get absolutely nothing for being a featured creator and its a waste of time. Unless you are already a big name such as Flabiliki who doesnt even play the game anymore.. And doesnt need the recognition anyway. They say a featured creator is about celebrating you and your creations s.. With what a single tweet that goes missed complety. Nah. No thanks. Besides the fact of being told I was too negative because I spoke my mind about how things were handled and about how things in the game do not work need to be patched or fixed. Etc. I was literally told they only want people who are positive about the game. So in other words a cheerleader because they dont want to hear about the issues with the game. Which is funny because at the time I was a huge cheerleader for this game. Was I negative.. Yes about things that needed fixed and bugs.. No more than most others in the community though.. But I was also extremely active in the game in the community and a huge proponet for the game to get others to play it and buy it as well. Even after the first screw up with my featured creator week. Since then though I realize exactly what frontier does. Notice how they rarely if ever at al showcase parks from like brocoaster.. Or jubilee gardens.. They dont want to show realistic type builds because thats where you see the flaws. In the gsme the most.. Instead they show off giant coaster cakes.. Or unrealistic coasters that will kill. Someone in real life because it "looks cool" which is fine if thats how you like to build. But theres a huge community of players out there who prefer to build as close to scale and as close to realism as possible and they won't give them the time of day.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hey guys,

Completely understand what you mean with the name confusion, as such I've changed it to Highlighted Creators which I hope helps alleviate that! To clarify, this system is for a new set of people to be featured across the social accounts though all existing Featured Creators or previously promoted creators are more than welcome to apply :)

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Kindest regards,

Paige

Top Bottom