highly successful company Amazon has led to a tie-up with Frontier.

A quick look on the interwebs showed that quite a few million people have.

My point was why would a developer limit themselves to a small subsection of hardware?

Out of those millions there's only a percentage that would even consider the game.

I almost bought a Kindle Fire until I learned that Amazon has nerfed it so it can't run everything that other Androids can.

Wait, so when the game is being released for handheld devices it will only come out on the crappy kindle fire..?

most likely a "toe dipping exercise" from amazon, but lets face it Frontier have shown what they can do here. Very positive news for the longevity of the company and potentially Elite :Dangerous.

Not really a choice of limiting them, its a contract between Frontier and Amazon, Once it works on a Android based design it really won't be hard to adapt it in the future if needs be

It's logic.

Amazon AWS offers the Server for ED for the "always online" Gameplay and FDEV offers ED for Amazon. Things come together..

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
My point was why would a developer limit themselves to a small subsection of hardware?

Out of those millions there's only a percentage that would even consider the game.

I almost bought a Kindle Fire until I learned that Amazon has nerfed it so it can't run everything that other Androids can.
Saying something unless you have facts is not very cool. Anyone can say well so and so nerf because of this or that. Also not every source is very reliable

Last edited:
Retail giant and highly successful company Amazon has led to a tie-up with Frontier Development, they OBVIOUSLY know when there is money to be made and seem to have high hopes for Fronteir.
This will upset those in opposition to ED, those doomsday merchants, but for the majority of us it's more positive news. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...eal-with-Cambridge-based-games-developer.html

good but old news (15th oct), here is the trailer to said game unveiled 5 days ago. fast those guys at FDEV, seems they know what they are doing, too

[video=youtube;HtZqmruAbH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtZqmruAbH8[/video]

Platform-exclusive titles mean one thing for the publisher: kickbacks; the platform owner pays a handsome sum for exclusivity (or the publisher is in the pants-on-heads league). So if you are into producing mobile titles anyway and need money, that's a pretty good way to get it. (Especially if you have a title kicking around that, for some reason, wouldn't be worth pushing for other platforms... honi soit qui mal y pense.)

Good news for the company and perhaps indirectly for ED. I'd personally like to see all their spare cash going in the future dev of the ED - right down to the change lost underneath the cushions of the staff couch.

Amazon paying up big dollars that why. As for the game it looks fun. Through I thought Frontier would be moving away from publishers and move more toward becoming a publisher themselves for their own titles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom