Hints of Upcoming DLC

I honestly think the birds being in that picture don't mean a thing. Those look to just be stock animals. And they wanted to fill the space in the upper-right with something... Which is the sky. So you gotta put something there. Definitely don't read into that.

However, the animals listed in the files... That means something. It doesn't necessarily mean it's coming soon. But it means those animals are currently, or were at one point, in the works.

EDIT: And regarding the holiday aspect? It would make a ton of sense to release a semi-aquatic DLC pack around the holidays to spike interest in the game again.

I absolutely disagree with that, I think the animals in the files is a clear attempt at Frontier, letting us all know, calm down, relax, the aquatic features are coming. The birds at the top right hand corner are another mild hint, they know fully well that birds are missing from the game, these guys have a very high IQ, they will never place birds on that background if this was not something they will deliver at some point;) the complete opposite, they would have just avoid anything bird related. Also the Impala on the background savannah, they have plenty of antelopes in game they could have used a number of them, but they picked the Impala. Then there is what looks to me at least like a majestic African Leopard, it could be a lioness, but the way it looks, the anatomy of that predator, the way the tail is up, as an animal artist and modeler it tells me it is a Leopard. Last, there is the Orangutan, doing exactly the type of behavior that is iconic to this species, and the same behavior that is currently missing in the game, the biggest and brightest stain in their animal roster, why even put that there? My apologies, but everything in that background means something. The files are just that, an implied leak, but a very obvious one, because everyone can see them in the scream it is starring at you, not a clue, but a certainty.

Frontier likes to include hints in the background of game screenshots. They don't usually do it in other ways. Beyond that, there's a leopard in the picture. And a species of antelope that I don't think is in the game... So if it was a hint it's about more than the birds. But I don't think that's the case.

Great point about the red kangaroo and koala in the code too! That means it's been in development recently. But who knows. Maybe they opted out of developing it and just didn't remove it from their files yet. Or it'll come way down the line... Or it'll be in the next DLC.

All we know is? They've done some work on it. I really do believe it would make sense to release something like "Marine Animals" or "Coastal Creatures" as a pack would get people really amped about the game. Particularly if it were coupled with "generic" building pieces that tend to be associated with those habitats that people typically have to create by melding together a bunch of other pieces (e.g., moat walls, pool floors, railings/angled posts). Maybe even a coastal rock set.

If it was a pack with those animals (that implied more aquatic or semi-aquatic creatures would be on the way) and there were a bunch of building pieces that were perfect for those animals -- as well as other areas of the zoo, rather than being focused on a specific region -- it could really get people amped about the future of the game.

(I say this being somebody who is amped about the game as it is still haha.)

The species you are referring to is an Impala, the cat silhouette is definitely an African Leopard (not an Amur leopard) and the birds are definitely coming, some people for whatever crazy reason seem to dislike birds:) but next time they visit their local zoo, they should look around, they are everywhere. Is like designing a Planet Coaster game without any small rides. Below are two Vector images of both an Impala and African Leopard spot on matches for the ones in the video.

impala066.png
leopard443.jpg

Last edited:
I think it’s really unfair not to have hidden that as a spoiler. I just watched it so it’s not something I don’t know but I would never dream of just posting that info without a spoiler warning. I am quoting this post but my opinion applies to everyone who has shared that info and more without a spoiler warning.

My brother, the IQ of those guys is thru the roof, there is no spoilers here, that is in every way possible an intentional and very obvious leak, it is starring you in the face. When I first saw the video the first thing I did was pause each clip that showed files, etc., and see what was there, there is nothing mysterious about it in all honesty. If those geniuses did not want it there, it would have never been.

This is the way I see this thing going, based on that video and everything else I know. At some point in December we get an amazing update and a mind blowing DLC, the question is what DLC?

AQUATIC DLC
It could be the much anticipated aquatic DLC, there is no question that when you look at those files (Giant River Otter, Grey Seal, King Penguin) these are the kind of animals that everyone expected in any aquatic expansion, add a Sea Lion in there, and it comes full circle. This could very well be what we receive in December. There is a certain nostalgia associated with the Zoo Tycoon franchise that has a dedicated legion of fans clamoring for something anything aquatic. Then there is the undeniable fact that all of the animals mentioned here, with the exception of the Grey Seal are extremely popular in zoos, so this is definitely in my opinion the strongest contender for December. I base this on the very obvious leak that shows certain files being completed and others showing only a female variation, so it is definitely something in the works.

BIRDS DLC
There is also the possibility of birds, they are by far and I will say this a 1000 times until some of you understand it, the biggest majority represented in Zoos everywhere, that is not an opinion, a wish, an illusion, it is a fact. They are the least represented animals in this game, my goodness we have more insects than birds, that should tell you something already. In any case, I'm done keeping secrets, they had a real leak a while one, a controlled one if that, and birds are coming the question is when. The top right hand side of the background in the video shows birds, and if anyone really thinks they were just there to take space, well I have a million dollar coin I will like to sell you.

AFRICAN DLC
Now, there are two African Species of animals in that background, (African Leopard and Impala) and then there was the door a while back (not a door from the beta) Africa still remains the undisputed champion of zoos, there is no bigger continental representation anywhere in this planet. It does not matter if you are in the U.S, Europe or Asia you will see more African animals at any given zoo than anything else. And if you are going to roll out the big guns again in Planet Zoo, you want to release, Rhinos, Leopards, even the possibility of the beloved Meerkats.

SOUTH EAST ASIA DLC
Now this one is very interesting, because it comes completely out of left field, and comes into contention at the very last minute, South East Asia, the Sun Bear is definitely the only link to this region, however look closely. If the Orangutan's animation is finally done justice this December (I believe it will be) then it would be a perfect opportunity for Frontier to release the iconic Gibbons, and South East Asia opens the door for Clouded Leopards as well. It would be a smashing hit, because a pack from this region will bring amazing building pieces and foliage, and god only knows what else.

BIGGER RANDOM ANIMALS DLC
Lastly, it could be a completely unrelated pack that focuses on animals, and breaks the curse of the four, and combines a number of this animals, not likely, but very possible, because the outcry for big animal packs has gotten tremendous momentum, and Frontier is getting blasted in all social media platforms for it. So this is live dog.

Last edited:
Anyone got screenshots? Don't wanna watch 30 minutes of video for a couple pictures.

LOL, the video is awesome, it gives you a little glance at the technical genius of this game and its amazing creators. Plus there are a lot more hints in their conversation, than the background and the obvious files, it pretty much tells us that they went thru hell and back to change their entire system after Jurassic World Evolution, because they knew that a zoo game would have superior diversity to a dinosaur one, and the new system allows them to create new animals much faster, so the old idea that four animals per DLC is all Frontier could handle is pretty much debunked here.

Video was amazing for me. You can see how they find the way to reduce time to make an animal from period from base game. Of course they warns there is still time consuming to make one, but now it is more easier and faster. Half and hour flew like nothing for me in this video. Great job Frontier.

Now that is interesting.

I refuse to hold my breath, but it is interesting nonetheless. I'm not sure where you're finding confirmation of birds @Danny_zoo, IMO that sillhouette is probably the least likely part of the video to be a leak/hint/whatever else you want to call it (IMO it looks more like space filler as others have suggested). The penguin, seal, otter, and sun bear are far more intriguing I think.

King penguin, grey seal, otter and sun bear are all great choices for animals. Yeah, it's weird that the sun bear is definitely the odd one out in that group. It makes me think there were more animals in progress that we didn't see on the screen.
🐧🐧🐧🐧
I'm pretty thrilled with all four of these, though.

Now that is interesting.

I refuse to hold my breath, but it is interesting nonetheless. I'm not sure where you're finding confirmation of birds @Danny_zoo, IMO that sillhouette is probably the least likely part of the video to be a leak/hint/whatever else you want to call it (IMO it looks more like space filler as others have suggested). The penguin, seal, otter, and sun bear are far more intriguing I think.

Sent you a private message, it explains everything.

I absolutely disagree with that, I think the animals in the files is a clear attempt at Frontier, letting us all know, calm down, relax, the aquatic features are coming. The birds at the top right hand corner are another mild hint, they know fully well that birds are missing from the game, these guys have a very high IQ, they will never place birds on that background if this was not something they will deliver at some point;) the complete opposite, they would have just avoid anything bird related. Also the Impala on the background savannah, they have plenty of antelopes in game they could have used a number of them, but they picked the Impala. Then there is what looks to me at least like a majestic African Leopard, it could be a lioness, but the way it looks, the anatomy of that predator, the way the tail is up, as an animal artist and modeler it tells me it is a Leopard. Last, there is the Orangutan, doing exactly the type of behavior that is iconic to this species, and the same behavior that is currently missing in the game, the biggest and brightest stain in their animal roster, why even put that there? My apologies, but everything in that background means something. The files are just that, an implied leak, but a very obvious one, because everyone can see them in the scream it is starring at you, not a clue, but a certainty.

I really don't think this was done on purpose. Frontier is big on hints, but those are usually done very deliberately on Instagram. Not in YouTube videos. From a design perspective, what else would they put in that upper-right hand corner other than birds in that first slide of their presentation?

I just think people are reading way too much into this. Us seeing those files was a mistake... I have no reason to believe otherwise. Every other time something has been hinted it's been via social media and not buried in an informational video.

Now, might we get birds at some point? Yes. Might we be getting a marine animal pack sometime in the near future? Probably. Is there an asian pack along the way with a sun bear? Again, probably.

But I don't think we can take any of this as meaning it's a sure thing. I really hope it is. But I don't think we should be jumping to any of this as "definite" just yet.

I really don't think this was done on purpose. Frontier is big on hints, but those are usually done very deliberately on Instagram. Not in YouTube videos. From a design perspective, what else would they put in that upper-right hand corner other than birds in that first slide of their presentation?

I just think people are reading way too much into this. Us seeing those files was a mistake... I have no reason to believe otherwise. Every other time something has been hinted it's been via social media and not buried in an informational video.

Now, might we get birds at some point? Yes. Might we be getting a marine animal pack sometime in the near future? Probably. Is there an asian pack along the way with a sun bear? Again, probably.

But I don't think we can take any of this as meaning it's a sure thing. I really hope it is. But I don't think we should be jumping to any of this as "definite" just yet.

The video is definitely a departure from business as usual, and completely unconventional by their own standards, since it has been mention here and in many places that they are not allowed to release information about upcoming releases in advance of those being ready. Now the last few weeks since the anniversary, it is being madness, in all fairness, not so much here in this forum, but in all the other social media platforms they have been bombarded with a restless player base. Their stocks even took a slight hit, maybe unrelated to this, but when you deal with that much negativity, investors get nervous. In any case, I said this before, but those guys are elite at what they do, and their IQ is definitely up there, no way that they had an accident and that video leak, that is just not possible, not at that level. In any case, just a few weeks to find out, and even then everything else could still be coming very soon after.

The video is definitely a departure from business as usual, and completely unconventional by their own standards, since it has been mention here and in many places that they are not allowed to release information about upcoming releases in advance of those being ready. Now the last few weeks since the anniversary, it is being madness, in all fairness, not so much here in this forum, but in all the other social media platforms they have been bombarded with a restless player base. Their stocks even took a slight hit, maybe unrelated to this, but when you deal with that much negativity, investors get nervous. In any case, I said this before, but those guys are elite at what they do, and their IQ is definitely up there, no way that they had an accident and that video leak, that is just not possible, not at that level. In any case, just a few weeks to find out, and even then everything else could still be coming very soon after.

I'm not doubting their IQ. You'd have to be brilliant to pull off a game like this...

I just don't buy this being a deliberate leak. We're both just speculating, of course. So, I dunno. I guess time will tell?

I'm not doubting their IQ. You'd have to be brilliant to pull off a game like this...

I just don't buy this being a deliberate leak. We're both just speculating, of course. So, I dunno. I guess time will tell?

No yeah I get you, I know you never doubted their IQ, I mean their work speaks for itself. Any other time, I would definitely probably join your side of the speculation, but the timing now is what changed everything, like I said, since the anniversary issue they have been getting hammered by players, there is only so much of that you can take, as a business and individuals that take pride on their work as well. The negativity was at an all time high, and people were starting to really turn other people negative towards the game, next thing you know, you are losing current and future players because of a few unhappy souls, what can I tell you. I was not thrilled with their choice of aquatic animals, but I was definitely super happy for the future of the game and so on, there has never been a reason to dough these guys.

I think "how we rigged 200 animals...." is a bit more interesting.

That is absolutely, 100%, the most joy-inspiring thing in that entire video. That's a LOT of animals.

It's possible this could be divided between the models for the male, female, and juvenile animals, but the exhibit animals barely even have rigs because they don't move. And some animals don't have sexual dimorphism really.

You sure? That model for pronghorn was officialy revealed from social media? Or okapi and asian elephant? You had asian animals from datamine too. Just saying.

That is absolutely, 100%, the most joy-inspiring thing in that entire video. That's a LOT of animals.

It's possible this could be divided between the models for the male, female, and juvenile animals, but the exhibit animals barely even have rigs because they don't move. And some animals don't have sexual dimorphism really.
Not just 200 animals, but over 200 unique animals.

Last edited:

Unfortunately you may be right with the male vs. female diversion. Though... do they really need different riggs?
Anyway, letsbe bold and optimistic for once. 200 animals would mean 110 animals are pre-prodiuced (though maybe not ready yet, as Iben remdinded me yesterday that the rigg is ony the start).
Now, that could eithe rmean we FINALLY get bigger DLCs (which I hope), or they produced a lot of packs in advance. 110: 5 = 22. So we would talk about 22 regular packs. One pack every 3 month would mean 66 month aka 5,5 years of support. That seems... unlikely.... So yes, bigger packs might finally come.

If the sun bear ever comes, I really hope they will add some animations with their anusual long tongues. Maybe like yawning. I think it is a perfect choice for a bear as this one is really unique compared to other remaining bears.
sun_bear_tongue_2_by_svartalvor_d6wedbq-fullview.jpg

5641796_orig.jpg

Top Bottom