Hitcheck question

I haven’t tried yet but I was wondering if it is possible to create a hitcheck box that doesn’t cover the object totally. I ask this because I would like to create objects where peeps will appear like interacting with them, even when they are just an static object.

I believe they said in the livestream that the hitcheck only needs to cover, say, where you want a person to be able to click to select the object, and how you want the object to snap onto other objects in the scene. Peeps in game ignore the hitcheck and will walk straight up to (or through) an object unless you use one of the special barrier pieces.

I believe they said in the livestream that the hitcheck only needs to cover, say, where you want a person to be able to click to select the object, and how you want the object to snap onto other objects in the scene. Peeps in game ignore the hitcheck and will walk straight up to (or through) an object unless you use one of the special barrier pieces.

I thought it will work like a restriction point where everything covered by the hitcheck will not allow peeps to pass over it. Thanks to clarify this. [wink]

The hit check box, from what I can tell, only affects placement of scenery near rides. There is a seperate hitcheck (that we dont have access too) that is on a select few items in game that effects peeps path finding. Namely, the barriers, kerbs and that one random plant pot!

The hit check box, from what I can tell, only affects placement of scenery near rides. There is a seperate hitcheck (that we dont have access too) that is on a select few items in game that effects peeps path finding. Namely, the barriers, kerbs and that one random plant pot!

Last night I watched a video from another PC community member and explained what you just said. As a test I'm not creating a hitcheckbox to see how does it affect in game.

I'm having trouble uploading stuff to TMT because I'm getting a lot of errors due to the measures I'm using. I keep getting object being too small and can't make it to work. [blah]

So in other Words:
If you made a 1x1x1 Meter Cue with a 1x1x1 Meter hitcheck and Place this Cube directly on the Path (Walkway) then the Peeps will walk around this Cube?

So in other Words:
If you made a 1x1x1 Meter Cue with a 1x1x1 Meter hitcheck and Place this Cube directly on the Path (Walkway) then the Peeps will walk around this Cube?

No. The hitcheck boxes in the TMTK workflow are for ride collision. Peeps path finding is unaffected by it.

Top Bottom