Hmmm patch day always fun

"stored" modules will CTD and the trumpeted "multi" controller are not available for carriers and not available at stations ( Jaques - colonia )

Yes the Fire Groups are wiped on mine. They also freeze if you try and reset them after one time. Only solution is to exit to the main menu and then get back in the game, but if you can't recall what your fire groups are and need to test them out, you will have to keep setting them, trying them, if they're wrong, exit to the main menu, get back in, change the fire group, test again and if it's still not right, repeat.

Hope the original fire groups get can get restored, this will be a nightmare having to remember all these for all ships and re-doing them all from scratch...

Yes the Fire Groups are wiped on mine. They also freeze if you try and reset them after one time. Only solution is to exit to the main menu and then get back in the game, but if you can't recall what your fire groups are and need to test them out, you will have to keep setting them, trying them, if they're wrong, exit to the main menu, get back in, change the fire group, test again and if it's still not right, repeat.

Hope the original fire groups get can get restored, this will be a nightmare having to remember all these for all ships and re-doing them all from scratch...
Fire groups are boosted, stored modules are cracked, and the mighty Universalis Multis Superis limpet controller class 7A 7A are with a fake range of 9100 on screen, and only 1600 in-game .
EDevs, like always on patch day, one step ahead, 3 backward 🤬 🤬

Got home after a very long day in RL (past 21:00). Looking forward to some precious zen time in front of my computer continuing a long exploration run. Hoping to get 100 jumps in (or so) before I literally conk out 'at the wheel.'

Oh, an update? Really? Oh that looks like it's going to finish quickly, great!

Start the game. Hit JUMP. (not much more to it on an explo-run after all)

Exit hyperspace jump. Honk... Honk? Honk!! I have no control. I can see the mode change from combat mode to analysis mode but I see no HUD brackets showing the fire group info. Hmm. Oh! Yuk! My fire groups are gone!
What a waste of precious time.

I have two questions...

1) This sure didn't take me long to stumble over and be completely stopped by. How does this get out the door? I do not need an answer to this question. You know who you are...

2) Where is this set of info stored? I am not looking forward to restoring all of this. Among the myriad other things I back up, I sure would like to back this up!

IlovethisgameIlovethisgameIlovethisgameIlovethisgameIlovethisgameIlovethisgame...

Work/not depends on how you quit last ship. If selection on GROUP SCREEN was outside cell A1 (for example you had c5 last clicked) then you enter new ship with empty cells and it stucks because there is no C5 on this ship.
So prior swapping ships move selection to A1 there.

Works after a restart... Then I switched ships and once again can't assign fire groups. :(

It's the relog that does it, see the other threads, the relog resets the cursor position in the fire group dialog so you can assign devices. So when it stops responding log out ot menu and log back in then go and see if you can assign devices for that fire group. When you create a new fire group it might stop responding again, relog again and it should work, it did for me. It may not work for everyone of course but it's worth trying.

It's the relog that does it, see the other threads, the relog resets the cursor position in the fire group dialog so you can assign devices. So when it stops responding log out ot menu and log back in then go and see if you can assign devices for that fire group. When you create a new fire group it might stop responding again, relog again and it should work, it did for me. It may not work for everyone of course but it's worth trying.
Problem is, this only allows one chance to change the Fire Groups. If it's still wrong, you have to keep exiting to the main menu over and over until you have them right...

Problem is, this only allows one chance to change the Fire Groups. If it's still wrong, you have to keep exiting to the main menu over and over until you have them right...

Well yes it's a problem, but it does let you assign fire groups, it's a workaround for a bug that will be fixed so that you can at least set up basic fire groups, not suggesting they should leave it like this forever! It took me 3 or 4 relogs to get my Phantom set up how like it, but it's done now and I don't need to worry about the other ships until the bug is fixed.

3/4 of my game play is bounty hunting, and 1/4 is mining ( cuz I need to synth ammo....) and I start to see each time more and more immortal NPCc in Condas with the Power Plant blow to pieces, at 0%, racing around me, shooting, like they have some invisible, secret alternative source of power. They only die when the hull goes down also, at 10-15% or less.

Now, on the other hand, my PP is melted, my ship pop in an instant, or at least I am dead on water with all systems dead. I know I am unable to jump if my FSD is under 60%, but the NPC somehow manage to jump away with their FSD at 5-10% sometimes...

Instead of fixing those bugs who are here since...forever, we get useless Ultra Extra Wonder limpets and a new trashcan of fresh bugs...

Anyone tried the weapons on the old SRV? Doesn't work for me anymore, also not on turrets. I'm on full ammo and in the right mode. Just want to know if it's just me or if I found another bug...
Its the firegroup thing. Huge game-breaker.

Why they didn't just do a rollback, we will never know. We get to wait until Monday for the potential fix to our woes.

You will find multi-step temporary work-arounds throughout the forums.

Thing is, does the SRV actually has its own fire groups (only ships have it iirc)? Wherever it is, I can't find it... (but I'm a bit out of practice, could be me)
Pretty sure it does. Haven't SRVd in a week or so, but the right panel should be mostly the same with fire groups and modules and inventory and stuff. Unfortunately, u won't be able to navigate the firegroup panel reliably.

Top Bottom