Hopes for Hybrids

Still haven't seen anything about any new or returning hybrids, and I'm starting to worry. When JWE 2 was announced, I was very hopeful that the game would be a worthy successor to the first. When it came out, though, my hopes were shattered. The cohabitation system sucks, and the fact that the Dr. Wu hybrids didn't return, hurt a lot. I've even considered not buying the game because of things like this. They didn't even give Dr. Wu any new research facilities or have his old ones return! There isn't even any way to return to five deaths to build new parks there!! But what breaks me the most is the fact that we can't even do new stuff with sanctuary!!! THERE COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH DONE WITH THE NEW GAME, AND YET THE DEVS DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER ANY OF THIS!!!! THE GAME IS NOW NEARING THE END OF ITS DEVELOPMENT, AND FEATURES-WISE, EVEN WITH THE DLCS, IT SUCKS!!!!! All right, I'm done ranting. Sorry if I got too crazy there. I just care about this game like everyone else here. The game emphasizes the new species too much, and doesn't focus on the few new gameplay mechanics enough. If you are still reading this, please tell me if you find any news about anything I was talking about. Till next post. Bye.

Still haven't seen anything about any new or returning hybrids, and I'm starting to worry. When JWE 2 was announced, I was very hopeful that the game would be a worthy successor to the first. When it came out, though, my hopes were shattered. The cohabitation system sucks, and the fact that the Dr. Wu hybrids didn't return, hurt a lot. I've even considered not buying the game because of things like this. They didn't even give Dr. Wu any new research facilities or have his old ones return! There isn't even any way to return to five deaths to build new parks there!! But what breaks me the most is the fact that we can't even do new stuff with sanctuary!!! THERE COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH DONE WITH THE NEW GAME, AND YET THE DEVS DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER ANY OF THIS!!!! THE GAME IS NOW NEARING THE END OF ITS DEVELOPMENT, AND FEATURES-WISE, EVEN WITH THE DLCS, IT SUCKS!!!!! All right, I'm done ranting. Sorry if I got too crazy there. I just care about this game like everyone else here. The game emphasizes the new species too much, and doesn't focus on the few new gameplay mechanics enough. If you are still reading this, please tell me if you find any news about anything I was talking about. Till next post. Bye.
I don’t engage myself in this kind of stuff, because I see no real point other than expressing a personal opinion. But the points you made here seem like a good place for me to share this, which doesn’t involve what you hope for:

JWE2 I believe, exclusively within the active JWE community from 2019 to 2021, was overhyped before its announcement. I was against the hype, not because I didn’t want a JWE2 to become a reality because that’s a completely different thing. It was because, in addition to contrary or potentially contrary information within Frontier’s RNS reports which I tried to hint and bring up numerous times here but went completely ignored, the hype, hopes, and dreams everybody was talking about everywhere on social media, here included, did not meet reality or its vibes, and hyping themselves up for potentially nothing as hoped or dreamed of. At least, that’s how I perceived it in my own but reasonable ways and explanations through personal experiences, even long before JWE1 was announced. That’s also why I don’t believe a “perfect dream” third JWE game, let alone a third JWE game at all, will be a thing, and that Frontier’s remaining two unknown games will be self-owned IPs instead, just like one unannounced title that’s coming this year.

Even hyped up popular wishes for JWE2 like re-meshing of existing dino models, breeding, more extreme and “realistic” dino behaviors and numerous animations beyond what’s present in JWE2 already, an expanded division system (a JWE1 system that never carried over besides its characters), and so on never became a thing.

On your thread’s title topic though, I do believe the real-world and canon appearing animals (real and hybrid) were a higher priority before release. On the other hand, I do think there is a chance of the three Dr. Wu expansion DLC hybrids to return, I just don’t know how. In personal opinion, unless proven wrong, they are already planned for and will be in a PDLC pack that isn’t “species” or “expansion” focused, if they will return. This also means I also believe, despite the rumors you seem to assumingly believe because of what others have been saying solely because of happened with past Frontier games, JWE2 is far from over.

Last edited:

@Pennsyguy865 I am not a fan of hybrids. JWE2 score points from a higher variety of prehistoric species compared to JWE 1. Lowery Cruthers from the first Jurassic World film said it is best to have actual natural dinosaurs.

I agree with you that "the cohabitation system sucks", the herbivore's dislike relationship based on food preferences spoils the quality of JWE2 a thousand times to the point that I cannot play the official Germany challenge mode in Jurassic difficulty. The cohabitation system of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis beats JWE2.

Hybrid DLC just dropped. The three original Dr. Wu hybrids are returning, plus we're getting spinoceratops. All the hybrids excluding E750 (scorpius rex) and including indominus and indoraptor are getting new bioluminescent skins, similar to those of parasaurolophus lux. I do think that a sequel is unnecessary, and that more DLCs are not a good idea. I've always wondered if the devs have ever considered rolling out large free updates that everyone can enjoy. People have stated that the game is coming to a close, but that doesn't mean it's too late to change that. Like I said before, there is so much that could be done with the game, so why not continue to work on it? The least the devs could do would be to properly open up the game to modding. I know that there are third party launchers in existence, but there isn't an official launcher made by the developers. Farming Simulator has modhub, and Terreria has TMod loader, but not too many other games have something like those. People have done wonderful things with games just by making a few mods. If you are a developer and you are reading this, please take what i've said into consideration. If you are a player and you are reading this, please share your thoughts. I will continue posting in the near future. Till next post. Bye.

Wazzup again people. Evolution Square just dropped a video yesterday revealing that there is another DLC coming soon. If you are wondering what it might be, then you’re barking up the wrong tree. I don’t know what the next DLC will be, but I would like a sauropod pack. One thing you should know about me is that I just adore sauropods. Tell me what type of dinosaurs you are hoping for down below. Till next post. Bye.

Wazzup again people. Evolution Square just dropped a video yesterday revealing that there is another DLC coming soon. If you are wondering what it might be, then you’re barking up the wrong tree. I don’t know what the next DLC will be, but I would like a sauropod pack. One thing you should know about me is that I just adore sauropods. Tell me what type of dinosaurs you are hoping for down below. Till next post. Bye.
The sad thing is ......even the "Ankylodocus" can´t fight back any carnivore !!!!
That´s just wrong in soooo many ways. If Sauropods would have been that easy prey, they would never ever had that much success ;) !!!
The tails and feet of some sauropods where for shure able to injure/kill some attacking carnivores,and small carnivores of 30-250kg would never ever have attacked a 30 Ton animal ...lol.

Another species pack is coming. Yay. From what you can probably tell, I am not excited about this. Another DLC is nice, but another species pack, that's just not comforting. Sure, we're getting megalodon, but I'd rather have that come in a free update. All the DLCs contained at least one species I had never heard of, and that's what made them exciting to me. With every new DLC, though, my reactions got more and more bland and distasteful. The hybrid pack was a quick breath of fresh air, but the new DLC, with completely familiar species or species I don't find interesting, is choking me. Even the expansions felt bland. All I want is for each DLC to be new and different, not copy-paste with a few changes. Please frontier, do something to make this game feel refreshing.

Top Bottom