Horizons Beta Screenshot & Video Competition

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is one of the high detail planets (actually it's Ariel, moon of Uranus), but thought I'd post it anyway. It's a video, in stereoscopic 3D for those with a 3D TV/monitor.

[video=youtube;_qt5_C24Jss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qt5_C24Jss[/video]

It was a lot of fun, and there are some really nice looking moments in it, including this shot

Screenshot_r.JPG

Last edited:
Not much chance of winning any beauty contests with this one but it was really creepy down there and really summed up how lonely and vulnerable you would be out there exploring.

I bounced and slid much further down than I intended and I couldn't get back out, it took a long time to find anywhere big enough to call for the rescue ship.

Screenshot_0228_zpsdzulkpit.png

I was down this hole.....

Screenshot_0224_zpstgyjfjmp.png

Partial Eclipse. Funny thing is - the Scarab was gleaming in the sunlight, then suddenly went dark. What the hel... oh! :)
Partial_Eclipse.jpg

Sunrise in Kalb..
after an epic Scarab & Cobra fight with Goliaths in the shadow of that mountain, a nice sunrise on the way home.
Sunset_Cropped.jpg

Canyons in Ross 780 I love how the Milky Way looks in this game!
Canyon_Ross780_Cropped.jpg

Base in Ross 780 Did I mention I love how the Milky Way looks in this game?
Base.jpg

Partial Eclipse. Funny thing is - the Scarab was gleaming in the sunlight, then suddenly went dark. What the hel... oh! :)
http://s18.postimg.org/c33c1nyex/Partial_Eclipse.jpg

My looord, you can actually make out MOUNTAINS on that other planet/moon in the distance! I didnt realize it actually rendered that mesh detail unless you were on an approach vector. Jesus.
Frontier surprises us time and time again. I would honestly have been totally content if any planets you arent currently in orbit around were just perfect spheres until you get close.
But seeing individual planet mesh detail on other planets in the sky, amazing.

2015-12-05.png

Amazing pictures here, but I can't resist to add my own.
Good heavens, what a breathtaking experience to be able to fly over the mountains and actually land on the planets that you just discovered. It's so very real and so very beautiful!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom